Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band Of Brothers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Can't beleive this was made 13 years ago.i was only watching some if the battles last week.You should check out The Pacific afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Can't beleive this was made 13 years ago.i was only watching some if the battles last week.You should check out The Pacific afterwards

Saw that come up a lot when reading about this, will defo give it a look, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Apparently they are doing the aerial theatre next, think Memphis Belle but over 10 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Be ready for a disappointment with The Pacific - its not in the same league as BoB. It is extremely disjointed and you wind up forgetting who the lead characters are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Apparently they are doing the aerial theatre next, think Memphis Belle but over 10 episodes.
    I cant believe this! Brilliant news, I remember thinking something in bomber command or the battle of Britain would have been money better spent than The Pacific at the time. Didn't think that show captured the nightmare time they had at all, it was a bit of a mess.

BoB marathon this weekend I think, nothing else to watch.

• Advertisement

Snafu was an excellent character in the Pacific

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Rewatched all of it again. Really has aged well.

The quote that still sticks me was one of the veterans in the intro for episode 6:

"Even today, a real cold night, we go to bed, my wife’ll tell ya, that the first thing I say, ‘I’m glad I’m not in Bastogne.’”

Hopefully the Might Eight is as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

BBC would be well making thier own version. Dunkerque, North Africa, D-Day, Arnhem. So many stories they could choose from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Mycroft H wrote: »
    BBC would be well making thier own version. Dunkerque, North Africa, D-Day, Arnhem. So many stories they could choose from.

The BBC already have a 3 part series about Dunkirk. Well worth a look.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkirk_(TV_series)

Owryan wrote: »
    The BBC already have a 3 part series about Dunkirk. Well worth a look.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkirk_(TV_series)

I've seen the docudrama, it's rather good.

A fully fledged series would be nice though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Snafu was an excellent character in the Pacific

I absolutely HATED him... Got sick of listening to the stupid long drawn out voice after the first few episodes...

I thought The Pacific was good though.. The ones with John Basilone were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Don't forget that Band of Brothers is available in a box set. It's on my shelf and I do watch it a fair bit.

Pacific, not the same thing at all, Pacific does have a viewpoint that others do not have, and I like that aspect. However, when I saw Pacific first time I was bitterly disappointed.

Anywhere handy to watch the Pacific? Netflix?

Used to have a copy on the old external but that's died a death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Anywhere handy to watch the Pacific? Netflix?

Used to have a copy on the old external but that's died a death.

Where are you? I have the box set here if you want a loan?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

20 Years! Christ

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Still nothing like it since with TV, even in the golden era for television. The Pacific tried to recreate things but it never quite landed for me. BoB remains one of the greats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The new series is still in the works, isn't it. Think it only started production recently after all these years of talk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yes, Masters of the Air I think it's called without googling? Hanks is producing again iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Watched it back a year ago and it still holds up. One of the best TV shows ever. Didn't like The Pacific and found most of the characters cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭Shred

Incredible show and I'm well overdue another re-watch of the Blu-rays with the last time being 2017 iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

The best show I ever watched. Can watch any episode at any time and it's still excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Easily one of the best TV mini series ever made. I have the box set and watch once a year. Inspired me to go to Normandy, to St.Mere Eglise and all the beaches etc. Was lucky enough by pure chance to be passing by and saw a gathering so stopped. It was the unveiling of the Dick Winters bronze memorial.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭billyhead

Bastogne is a brilliant episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

20 years! Feeling old now and probably all of those soldiers not with us any more. :(

One of the greatest shows ever. Used to watch it once a year. Must also dust down the blu-ray a watch is long overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

fcuk! only started listening to Band of Brothers book while running. It's ABSOLUTELY EPIC

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

One of the best shows I've ever watched, havent done so in years, thanks for reminding me OP, going to rewatch again :)

The Pacific wasnt that bad, i enjoyed it but do agree its not a patch on BOB

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

"Look at this ****. How come we can't ever invade a cool country, with like chicks in bikinis, you know? How come countries like that don't ever need marines? I'll tell you why. It's lack of p***y that f**ks countries up. Lack of p***y is the root **** cause of all global instability."

Advertisement