Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

honda Accord 2.2CTDi

Options
  • 17-01-2008 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi
    I am thinking of going across the water to buy a 07 top spec Accord. Will wait until July. Any helpful tips or ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

dessierb wrote: »
    Hi
    I am thinking of going across the water to buy a 07 top spec Accord. Will wait until July. Any helpful tips or ideas?

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I had intended on getting another Audi A4 but from what i have seen the Accord seems to have a higher spec, leather seats etc and it will be cleaner for the new VRT rates and road tax rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

All the Diesel accords (in Ireland anyway) are top spec EX models. Not sure if its the same in the UK. They come with pretty much everything besides auto transmission as standard - full leather, dual zone aircon, electric everything, cd changer, HID lights, fogs etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Hi
    Me too

I had planned to change the better half's car in December. I had definately decided to go diesel. I looked at a lot of different cars. Even considered going down the SUV route but I got her to test drive an X-Trail and she hated it.

Had decided on a 06 Passat in the end because it was the best combination of space \ resellability (if that's a real word) \ comfort etc. I had looked at the Accord but decided it was just that small bit of our price range.

But then when the budget came out I done my sums again. I forget the exact figures now as I have them at home, but I figured if I waited untill July to buy the Passat, I'd save around 2k in the VRT, but also I'd save 300 quid every year in tax.

So I decided to hold tough untill July to buy a Passat. But now, since I'm holding tough untill July anyway, with the changes in VRT and with the way Sterling is going , I'll be able to afford an Accord by then.

Something like this :

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/HONDA+ACCORD/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146,N-40-51-143-4294966758-4294967196/advert.action?R=200802301514801&distance=101&postcode=AB10+1AQ&channel=CARS&make=HONDA&model=ACCORD&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=40000

I plan to go over in May or June and bring something back (Get over before the rush). I'll park it up for a few weeks in the hayshed and I'll be the first man into the VRT office in Ennis on the 1st of July.

On the other side of things, I was hoping to get a Celica GT4 for myself before July. But that's more of a hope than anything else.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/TOYOTA+CELICA/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146,N-4294966225-4294967173/advert.action?R=200802301728655&distance=281&postcode=AB10+1AQ&channel=CARS&make=TOYOTA&model=CELICA&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

FYI. Honda will launch a new Accord in March this year at the Geneva motor show.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dessierb

I reckon for 28-29k € i will have a 07 on the road. The UK spec is even higher than the Irish. Voice activated Sat nav etc. 145 Co2 for the 2.2. Was committed to the 320D until i saw the Honda spec. Then i test drove the 2.2 and ooooohh my god what a car. Looked at the new Accord on the US web sites and i prefer the older sporty one.

• Advertisement

The US Accord is different to ours. The euro accord as sold in the US is an Acura of some kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I reckon for 28-29k € i will have a 07 on the road. The UK spec is even higher than the Irish. Voice activated Sat nav etc. 145 Co2 for the 2.2. Was committed to the 320D until i saw the Honda spec. Then i test drove the 2.2 and ooooohh my god what a car. Looked at the new Accord on the US web sites and i prefer the older sporty one.

The US Accord and the European/Japanese Accord have only one thing in common and that's the name! They are completely different cars. The US Accord is actually sold in Japan as the Honda Inspire, the Euro Accord is sold in Japan as... the Accord:p! The American one is a the size of a 7 series BMW! Look at Acura's website, and look at the 'TSX', it looks like the Euro/JDM Accord because it is the JDM/Euro Accord!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dessierb

Thanks for the advice. I guess there is no spy pics so of the New euro accord :D

Thanks for the advice. I guess there is no spy pics so of the New euro accord :D

It's gonna look like this, which is stunning IMO:
    11135_super.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

E92 wrote: »

wow +1

fingers crossed

• Advertisement

Oo, that one's got the rocketship door handles from the Civic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

UK spec Accord diesel came in a few trim levels afaik, Sport and EX. Sport has half leather seats, different alloy wheels, rear boot spoiler and very descrete body kit.. EX (Executive) has full leather electric heated seats with memory, electric sunroof and a few other bits and bobs.

Very nice car, hoping to go over this time next year and bring a 05/06 one of these home too. Yearly road tax will be around €430 compared to over €700 on the current system. VRT will also be reduced so happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

The Irish CTDi only came in Executive spec, which is very very high: leather and the works. The UK ones came in a variety of specs

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭budweiserfrogie

JHMEG wrote: »
    The Irish CTDi only came in Executive spec, which is very very high: leather and the works. The UK ones came in a variety of specs

Honda ireland shows both Sport and Executive models.
    http://www.honda.ie/configurator/index.cfm?fuseaction=introWithImageVariant&modelID=89&bodyID=4248

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

i got a 2004 i-CTDi exec in NI last july. Got it from JC Campbells Honda in rostrevor outside newry and i love the motor. id defo recommend it.

Same as the UK then. The i-CTDi and not the CTDi which a lot of people are calling it(JHMEG you really should know better:D) is an Isuzu sourced engine and was found in the previous generation Civic and completely unrelated to the Accord's diesel, was only available in Executive trim initially here. The Accord i-CTDi had the potential to be a much bigger seller if Honda offered it in the lower trim levels.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Yearly road tax will be around €430 compared to over €700 on the current system. VRT will also be reduced so happy days.

Correct about savings but they are better than you imagine.
    At 148gCo2 that is band C and 20%vrt and €290 yearly road tax.
    See attached link to honda ireland for Co2 specs.
    http://www.honda.ie/configurator/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&subsection=technicalGroup&variantID=7514&iSpecGroup=Fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Yummy...the blue pic looks extremely good!

11135_super.jpg

So am i wrong in thinking that this is what our 2008 Accord will look like?
    http://automobiles.honda.com/accord/

I thought untill now i knew what my next car for july looked like. But now i havn't a clue?

So am i wrong in thinking that this is what our 2008 Accord will look like?
    http://automobiles.honda.com/accord/

Your link is to Honda's American website. So you are! As I said earlier on in this thread:
    E92 wrote:
    The US Accord and the European/Japanese Accord have only one thing in common and that's the name! They are completely different cars. The US Accord is actually sold in Japan as the Honda Inspire, the Euro Accord is sold in Japan as... the Accordtongue.gif!

The photos I showed are what the European Accord will look like. The American Accord is the size of a 7 series BMW!

• Advertisement

The photos I showed are what the European Accord will look like. The American Accord is the size of a 7 series BMW!

Great, caus i kinda liked the US Accord but thought it was too different looking to the European 1.
    Now i just gotta wait till the real pics of the Accord come out and if they look as good as the concept pics, Great!

Honda ireland shows both Sport and Executive models.
    I stand corrected, but the Sport is a new thing (and a contradiction).

Accord diesel only became available with the Sport trim in early 2007 afaik. Up to that it was Executive trim only.

P.S. Anyone else think the standard wheels on the current Accord are way too small? 15" I think. :eek:

Accord diesel only became available with the Sport trim in early 2007 afaik. Up to that it was Executive trim only.

P.S. Anyone else think the standard wheels on the current Accord are way too small? 15" I think. :eek:

There are 17" gun metal ones available, and they're the *only* ones worth getting. They're among the nicest alloys I've seen on any car.

EDIT: they don't look 15" on honda.ie on the SR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

EDIT: they don't look 15" on honda.ie on the SR.

Maybe they upgraded them but I have seen plenty of 03/04 Accords going around on 15" rims. They look lost under those wheel arches.

Maybe they upgraded them but I have seen plenty of 03/04 Accords going around on 15" rims. They look lost under those wheel arches.
    Speaking of which, what are they putting on the new 1.4 Civics? Is it 14" bicycle tyres? Now there's too small.

@vengeance52, sorry man, the ones I'm talking about have twin spokes. Your's are 2nd best tho;)

Speaking of which, what are they putting on the new 1.4 Civics? Is it 14" bicycle tyres? Now there's too small.

I think the new Civics have 15" or 16" these days as standard.

I think the new Civics have 15" or 16" these days as standard.
    Not on the 1.4. Which also doesn't have *any* of the triangular exhaust pipes, whereas the 1.8 has 2.

• Advertisement

Not on the 1.4. Which also doesn't have *any* of the triangular exhaust pipes, whereas the 1.8 has 2.

According to http://www.honda.ie/configurator/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&subsection=standardGroup&variantID=6560&standardGroup=Exterior

The 1.4 has 16" steel wheels.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement