Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your own blonde moment..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I have been known to pour myself a glass of milk in the mornings and then pour orange juice onto my porridge. The worst thing is when you don't notice anything wrong until your third mouthful of orange-porridge... :o

I've done that with Bran Flakes. :o

Worst thing of that nature: While I was cleaning the kitchen I was putting food waste into milk cartons and taking two solpadiene soluble for a headache at the same time. Not a good idea. I put one of the tabs into a carton full of sh!te! I quickly realised my mistake and fished it out. Then I rinsed it under the cold tap. :eek: Definitely not a good idea. Finally I put the frothing mass into the proper glass. :D (Licked me fingers, too)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

That reminds me of the time I put a disprin tablet into my mouth and tried to wash it down with water as if it were a nurofen. :o

It started dissolving in my mouth so rather than have the froth spilling out my mouth as if I was rabid, I tried to swallow it all and nearly choked.

Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Clseeper

My Mam once lost the keys to her car for about 2 weeks. Turns out she found them in the freezer. She had been bring in the shopping and put the car keys in the freezer instead of the bread she had in the other hand.

My own 'moment' was one time when the dishwasher was a bit smelly so, rather than wait and buy some of the special dishwasher cleaning stuff, I just thought "I'll just squirt in some fairy washing up liquid and put on a quick wash". ;)

20 minutes later, when I opened the dishwasher door only to be covered in bubbles.:o Spent the next hour cleaning up the 3inches of bubbles all over the kitchen floor. How was I to know that would happen but when I told my mates they all knew what was coming. And I'm normally quite well domesticated.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead was at a dinner party with some posh people who he hardly knew a few years back and he had the Mother and Father of blonde moments.

Whilst sipping our wine and we started asking about each others professions as way of conversation. Being a part time burger flipper in Supermacs, Pighead cunningly decided to bend the truth slightly and upgrade his position.

"So what do you do for a living Pighead"? Knowing that the posh chick who organised the dinner party was a great fan of footwear, Pighead went for the killer line "Working for one of the world leading scatology firms at the moment, what Pighead doesn't know about scatology isn't worth knowing".

Cue silence and embarrassment and general shunning for the rest of the evening. That was the last ever time Pighead mixed up the words scatology and scarpology. Rotten mistake to make.

Pighead was shown up as a true sciolist that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

MYOB wrote: »
    Right, so did you have as many people mangle our shared first name as I got in school in Manchester? :D

Oh yes,
    Ceegan,Keegan,Sean,Sian,Cyan etc.

I had it all.

Worse was my sister (Caoimhe) who kept getting called Quimby.

WOrst of all was the poor boys named Connor. The french pronounciation (Connard) is French for asshole (literally ****-person)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Oh yes,
    Ceegan,Keegan,Sean,Sian,Cyan etc.

I had it all

I had a teacher who had to be told by letter than my name *wasn't* Sean. "Chan" was also fairly common, there were a lot of Italians in Manchester obviously. Weirdest one I got was "Liam".

To this day I've no idea how they got that. I think it must have been handwritten down on a class list or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I wnt to the pub one night to pick up a few cans.
    I only had €10 on me and my local charges €2.50 a can and €4.30 a pint.
    I walked up to the bar and ordered four pints. Got a few funny looks from the bar man and walked over to talk to a friend while I waited for him to get the cans.

Then he gave me a shout and I walked over to see the four pints that I couldn't pay for.
    I realised my mistake and explained I couldn't afford to pay for them.

Luckily enough it was my local and they were ok with it. They did take the piss the following few nights when I did go for pints though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I forgot to square d. That was a frustrating two minutes.

Advertisement