Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the drunken walk home...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

prendy wrote: »
    we wrapped one of our mates car in a few rolls of cling film...very funny the next day waching him get it off!
    Done that before too. Even funnier when he doesn't know who did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

hey all i was just wondering what bold things you get up to on your drunken way home from the club or pub?the other night me and a friend starting pressing all the bells on an appartment block seeing which light turn on...then we came across a row of bungalos...it was bin day the next day so i dont know why buty we starting throwing the light bin bags onto the bungalo roofs!!gonig to the shop the enxt day was hilarious but also mad embarrassing.jsut wondering what ya's get up to on yours?:)

Personally i am able to enjoy myself and a few drinks without needing to act like a total dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭harmankardon

sorry but am i the only one who looks at this page and cant believe what muppets actually patrol these forums??

seriously lads grow up,go out,get drunk,have a good night,go home..

not go out,get drunk,on the way home ruin some peoples cars and cause thousands of euros worth of damages and then go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭magooly

In Budapest a mate and I were on the way back to the hotel after one of those sightseeing midweek happy hour every hour days. - Anyway we leaned up against a car to check the map, it was one of those really small square ones but the car rocked a bit. So we rocked it a bit more and tipped the little beast onto its roof into the middle of the street. All I remember is lots of neighbouring apartments lighting up so we legged it, only to be picked up by the cops a few block away.
    While on the way to the station I was takin a few photos for the scrapbook, the flash in the car drove the officers crazy so they grabbed the camera from me. Later something came over the radio and they pulled over and let us out.
    Its still funny now that I think about it but Ive no photos to prove it.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

sorry but am i the only one who looks at this page and cant believe what muppets actually patrol these forums??

seriously lads grow up,go out,get drunk,have a good night,go home..

not go out,get drunk,on the way home ruin some peoples cars and cause thousands of euros worth of damages and then go home.

Chill man it was only paper and besides it was a mates car. He got as much a laugh out of it as i did.

• Advertisement

haha some good stories.
    Me & three of the lads were walking home from Bray to Blackrock on New Years like 4 years ago. We were absolutely out of it & were tired/wrecked by the time we got to Glenageary so we feel asleep in some random large front garden to be woke up by the owners of the house at 9am the next morning threatening to call the police. So so funny. Imagine waking up and seeing 4 guys sprawled across your front garden. Ahh good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Oh I'd have had to turn the hose on you's...much more fun than calling the cops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

hey all i was just wondering what bold things you get up to on your drunken way home from the club or pub?the other night me and a friend starting pressing all the bells on an appartment block seeing which light turn on...then we came across a row of bungalos...it was bin day the next day so i dont know why buty we starting throwing the light bin bags onto the bungalo roofs!!gonig to the shop the enxt day was hilarious but also mad embarrassing.jsut wondering what ya's get up to on yours?:)

You're a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Took doors out of a skip and placed them along the side of the road in places where doors wouldnt normally be. Must have freaked out the locals to go through doors leading to walls, bushes and other doors. Street art or mindless vandalism? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I tried walking from Swords to Julianstown on the M1. I got to Balbriggan, took hours, and a two nice Garda picked me up. Very emotional walk for me though, never doing it again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Posted garlic cheese and chips through the letter box of a solicitors.
    Fell in the gap between a train and a platform, needless to say i've stopped drinking vodka.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Everytime my friend goes on an all-noghter he decides to walk home about 6.30. If there are any shops around you'll always find the newspapers for the next morning (usually it's Sunday so there's loads of them) and decides to throw one into every garden on the way. The next morning is always hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

We stole a gold plated sign from a solicitors door one night walking home through town, somewhere around Leeson street.

We woke up the next morning (stayed in my friend house with her and her bf) and felt so bad. We googled the company and drove in that night (on a sunday) and put it back so they'd never notice it was gone.

That's about as mad as we'd get!

Some of the stuff here isn't funny it's just scumbaggy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Dun laoire wrote: »
    Chill man it was only paper and besides it was a mates car. He got as much a laugh out of it as i did.

If you read through the thread you might have realised he was talking about the scumbags kicking wing mirrors off cars, that kind of thing. I hardly think your papier mache trick caused thousands of euro worth of damage.
    Oh no wait, you didn't actually use glue, did you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,916 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Pissed on the door ofwhere some refugees were staying: i dont know if they really worked or were actually refugees or not but any time of day they would be standing at the front door, intercepting everyone that walked past for cigarettes. It was like the family hobby or something. FFS if you come here to work and dont want to buy cigarettes quit smoking :rolleyes: its past 7 euros by now isnt it?

Anyway they deserved a door pissing. in Hindsight the letterbox would have been so much better and I doubt they would have even smelled it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Overheal wrote: »
    Pissed on the door ofwhere some refugees were staying: i dont know if they really worked or were actually refugees or not but any time of day they would be standing at the front door, intercepting everyone that walked past for cigarettes. It was like the family hobby or something. FFS if you come here to work and dont want to buy cigarettes quit smoking :rolleyes: its past 7 euros by now isnt it?

Anyway they deserved a door pissing. in Hindsight the letterbox would have been so much better and I doubt they would have even smelled it :D

man you seriously have issues.....:confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Once tried to put in my atm number using piss, seemed like a good idea at the time in hindsight I deserved a baetin or at least a night in a cell :rolleyes:
    Have also tried to open the lock gates on the canal numerous times and once a mate and I managed to get onto the roof of the cus school on leeson street. ****in students :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Zzippy wrote: »
    If you read through the thread you might have realised he was talking about the scumbags kicking wing mirrors off cars, that kind of thing. I hardly think your papier mache trick caused thousands of euro worth of damage.
    Oh no wait, you didn't actually use glue, did you? :D

Ha. I didnt actually read the first post at all. Pure scumbag thing to do alright. Oh and i didnt use any glue, It was so cold that the car was full of frost so that became an adhesive for us. Handy :D Thinking about it now there were a few pictures taken the next day. I must see if i can get one to post up.

Another stupid thing myself and a mate did in a session was move the sitting room into his kitchen and his kitchen into his sitting room. We set the breakfast table before we left too just to be nice. I met him a few weeks later and he loved having the fridge in the sitting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I fell over a curb while trying to fix my phone on saturday.

Was in the waiting room of a hospital (while my friend was being treated for an asthma attack) and decided to play wheel-chair bumper cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I fell over a curb while trying to fix my phone on saturday.

a mate of mine got out of a taxi, stuck his hands in his coat pockets, slipped, couldn't get his hands out of his pockets and landed on his face. quite funny i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Well my simcard was broken and i was fiddling with the battery. The actual fall was quite slow and leisurely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭starlight07

Theres been so many... nothing malicious obviously. Myself and my mates have a weird connection to shopping trolleys when wer on the drunken walk home, one of our friends left the club early and we were all staying in hers so as a "gift" we brought the trolley into her house... she was none to impressed but we got some good pics lol. Other "gifts" have included traffic cones, for sale signs and planning permission signs...

Traffic cones usually make the drunken walk home a lot more entertaining, outside my estate there is a new roundabout and a new road being built, myself and my friend were so curious to see where this new road leads to so we climbed up on some bollards to rip off the masking tape which was covering the sign, in the process i lost my favourite brolley... but hey now we know. Afterwards we rearranged all the traffic cones which completly diverted all the traffic... this was on a Thursday night so felt really bad the next morning because Im sure there were some very infuriated motorists tryin to get to work... oops. Actually maybe I should give up the vodka

gucci wrote: »
    man you seriously have issues.....:confused:

Oh yes. one of these days I'll go on a tyre slashing spree - I'll only target rich peoples driveways who ccan afford the day off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Overheal wrote: »

You don't like people being anti-American so then don't post stuff like the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

The worst I've ever done? I decided to go for a walk around 1am.
    Harmless, right? No.

Me and a mate were smoking rollies, and a passer-by in a car must have assumed something else. He pulls up next to us, and asks us where we live. Now, we were on my estate at the time, but I was half terrified of the man either being a cop who'd want to see the copious amount of drink in my house (17 at the time), or someone who wants to rob the house. So I said "Ehh, ardkeen village" (about 15-20mins away from the estate).

So, suspicions sort of confirmed, he pulls out his "honorary neighbourhood watch badge", and demands we go home. Right, we say fine, and assume he'd **** off. Wrong! He instead demanded we walk in front of him back to our houses so he can watch us go in, or he'd immediatly call the gardaí.

So, off we went, 1am on a saturday night/sunday morning, having had well more than our fill of drink. Nevermind anyway, the cold air woke us up soon enough. We finally figured that we have to ditch this fella fairly fast, since we've got no homes to get in to in that part of the city. So we finally find a grouping of bollards which cars cant pass through, and start running. We finally get to a pub where we could hopefully ring a taxi. Instead, a group of 10 strong tinkers spot my small, long-haired person, and want to "have a few words with yez". So, cue running off in the opposite direction.. And these lads following after. We run back towards a nearby estate, and see that ****er neighbourhood watch bloke on the road, and on the phone. So, like the smart boys we were, we hopped the wall to said estate, and kept running.

After a short enough time, we found ourselves very lost, very cold, and could hear nothing but handbrake turns and what would appear to be shouting families. Turns out we were smack-bang in the center of farren park, which any Waterford resident can give you plenty of stories about.

So, we went metal-gear solid stealth style, and found ourselves wandering around in circles to avoid all large gatherings of scum. And finally a car pulled up to us. Down goes the window, and mammy is staring back at me. Home from work early, had already been to the house, where my girlfriend had reported me missing while trying to hide the drink, and of course her smoke.

As far as I can remember, I think that was the night I decided that there should be no more midnight walkies having drank.

Apart from pissing on the door of mcdonalds, I think that's the dumbest thing I've done when drunk. Had a friend once who keyed a car, thinking he was hilarious. He didn't think as much when the driver saw the CCTV and landed the little prick with a summons.

Dudess wrote: »
    You don't like people being anti-American so then don't post stuff like the above.

Mmmm... Sniped. Kudos.

I'll clear the air - they had very dark brown asian complexion and as far as I could tell from walking through their little troll bridge operation they certainly could never afford a pack of cigarettes. I didnt piss on them to be racist I pissed on them because I dont smoke and I'm sick of being asked for fags and loose change. I don't have any problems racially to be quite honest and have happily worked with many ethnic groups in my time.

Edit: admittedly the term refugee was a bit heavy and I'll withdraw that comment. And in my time here I've defend americans, eastern european, asian and african immigrants, and even one spectacular jehova witness case.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Dudess wrote: »
    I think he should go one step further and not actually piss on people's property.

I was a complete dick when i was younger, but I never went around damaging the property of others, no matter how drunk I was.

I was arrested for trespassing one night.
    I was at a party in a house in a new estate (at the time) in Leixlip (Rinawade, for those from Leixlip). Anyway, the place is a maze when you're sober, so needless to say, I couldn't find my way out of the place.
    I ended up getting to the end of a cul-de-sac and could see the street lights from the road across the field. So I hopped the wall and set off across the field.
    There were lots of holes, so in my drunken state, I kept falling.

Got to the road eventually and set off home.
    About 5 minutes later (note, I'm 2 miles from my house at this stage), a squad car pulled up. I asked them for a lift home and they handcuffed me and said thay were giving me a lift, but not home.
    Apparently someone had been in a garden in another estate and the muck on my clothes from all the falls in the field was enough evidence that it was me.
    Spent the night in the cell, woke up still drunk the next morning, got charged with trespassing and ordered to appear in court the following Monday, went across the road from the cop station to the ATM, took out loads of money and went to the pub and drank all day.
    I was too fúcked to show up for court the following Monday.
    That was 6 or 7 years ago. They never got back to me about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I'm sure I've done some stupid stuff pissed but not damaging people's property or pissing in doorboxes or stuff like that.
    It's always at 3am and I'm going home that i feel like I most want to get out of the country. Having a few drinks is not an excuse for acting like a scumbag really.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Chirstmas eve a few years ago, I was in the pub with my BF and his sisters and we were all totally plastered, and when I got home I still had a few christmas presents to wrap, unfortunately they were all those giant toblerones, which are hard enough to wrap when sober, let alone drunk, so I decided I'd be really crafty and turn them from 'triangle' to square. How you ask? I put them on the floor and stamped on them until they were a relatively rectangular shape :(:o then I proceeded to wrap them, while feeling nicely chuffed at my cleverness. Lets just say Christmas morning was........interesting in my house that year:rolleyes:

Advertisement