Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the drunken walk home...

Options
  • 14-01-2008 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

hey all i was just wondering what bold things you get up to on your drunken way home from the club or pub?the other night me and a friend starting pressing all the bells on an appartment block seeing which light turn on...then we came across a row of bungalos...it was bin day the next day so i dont know why buty we starting throwing the light bin bags onto the bungalo roofs!!gonig to the shop the enxt day was hilarious but also mad embarrassing.jsut wondering what ya's get up to on yours?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i do recall my friend eating leaves. and then deciding to try all the leaves on the way home. talking to all those people you should never talk to. curling up on the bench halfway up the hill for a *ahem*... quick rest...

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Did that thing once where you light a paper bag with a lump of crap in it on fire and put it on someones doorstep and run away. Unfortunately it was about 3am so nobody answered the door.

Another time one of my mates threw up in my new neighbour's garden when we were getting back to my house after a night out. Hilariously, about a week later the for sale sign was up again!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

hey all i was just wondering what bold things you get up to on your drunken way home from the club or pub?the other night me and a friend starting pressing all the bells on an appartment block seeing which light turn on...then we came across a row of bungalos...it was bin day the next day so i dont know why buty we starting throwing the light bin bags onto the bungalo roofs!!gonig to the shop the enxt day was hilarious but also mad embarrassing.jsut wondering what ya's get up to on yours?:)
    Congratulations on reaching puberty, sounds like you had a great oul time. Let us all know how the whole acne thing works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

A mate once pissed through someones letterbox...
    Damn funny at the time, but in hindsight it was a totally wankerish thing to do. (this was 7 or so years ago, when we were still in our teens btw...)

Recently we tried to climb onto the top of a huge articulated lorry. Was a lot harder than it looked, so we just gave up after a couple of minutes.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'll never say cause I'd end up in jail, but I once woke up beside a lump of 500 year old Irish history beside me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Sat in the middle of the road rationing out fat frogs (this was a few years ago), and then played chicken with a lorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Climbed to the top of a lamp post in wolfe tone park (beside jervis) and stole an 8*4 French flag, which I wore home singing allez les bleu. good times
    Climbed up onto a roof off capel st, and staggered along the parapet until I was a few doors from where I started. Then spent most of a hangover getting down before the law arrived.
    Robbed traffic cones, a crowd barrier, those blinky lights, barked at dogs (drives them bananas for an hour or so), barked at people. Tried to "catch a taxi" on a bicylcle (real smart) got fired out of roebuck house by some RE's looking for my college ID (wasn't even in their stupid college) got lost in trinity. Ended up on the south wall one night but i plain don't remember that one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ScumLord wrote: »
    I once woke up beside a lump of 500 year old Irish history beside me.

You got off with Anne Doyle?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

spent about 2 hours with a friend of mine trying to land a traffic cone on a post that had been driven into the ground just after the esso on the dublin rd out of carlow. was about 2-3 in the morning, and while it may not sound very engrossing.. at the time it was great craic. Took us ages to even get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

Sat in the middle of the road rationing out fat frogs (this was a few years ago), and then played chicken with a lorry.

Who won?

I've done alot worse but i don't want to boast.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Yeah we did that whole pissing in letterbox thing too about 7 years ago in college! Went thru a few houses on the route home, there was 7 of us so a lot of piss to go around!
    We were all planning to head back to a house party of a mate, but he had the cop on when he saw state of us not to let us in!
    So we were well pissed!! off...we then went and pissed in any petrol tanks of cars along his estate that we could open!
    Seemed a great thing to do at time...but such idiots looking back now!!
    There were other nights where wing mirrors were kicked in, signs brought home, merc symbol at front of cars broke off etc!
    Usual stupid student crap i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Stevecw wrote: »
    Yeah we did that whole pissing in letterbox thing too about 7 years ago in college! Went thru a few houses on the route home, there was 7 of us so a lot of piss to go around!
    We were all planning to head back to a house party of a mate, but he had the cop on when he saw state of us not to let us in!
    So we were well pissed!! off...we then went and pissed in any petrol tanks of cars along his estate that we could open!
    There were other nights where wing mirrors were kicked in, signs brought home, merc symbol at front of cars broke off etc!

I hope you get your head thumped in next time.
    Might teach you a lesson.

:)

Serious property damage. My own property fortunately or I might have been in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

My housemate and his mate were coming home after a serious night's drinking. They swapped, at random, every window box and hanging basket on every house on our road... There's about 100 houses on the road. I thought it was pretty funny...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Jaysus, is it just me. Am I a dry sh1te??. I have never, drunk nor sober 13, 23 or 33 years old, ever done the beevis and butthead laugh and say to myself....uugghh ugggh ugghh..he..he..wouldn't it be a right laugh lads to kick in some wing mirrors and piss in a few letter boxes. Yiz f%^&in' neanderthals are easily amused by a bit of senseless destruction.

Je5us H Christ...."I know lads, lets throw some bin bags onto the roof of the bungalow over there......loike for the laugh loike" :rolleyes:

How is that funny?? Boggle my mind. Even at my most pissed and merry if I saw mates doing that they wouldn't be my drinking buddies long. There the kind of lads that'll get you bottled or the **** kicked out of you over some stupid thing they did or said

Fajitas! wrote: »
    My housemate and his mate were coming home after a serious night's drinking. They swapped, at random, every window box and hanging basket on every house on our road... There's about 100 houses on the road. I thought it was pretty funny...

nice one.....harmless yet headwrecking

Stevecw wrote: »

thats pretty bad form. not really student pranks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'll never say cause I'd end up in jail, but I once woke up beside a lump of 500 year old Irish history beside me.

A statue head? Oh it's all coming out now...

*calls Crimestoppers*

lol comedy gold.

If you can remember the walk home from the pub then you have ultimately failed in your mission.
    I've done some astoundingly silly things, most of which I don't remember and won't go into here.
    Broke my leg and then walked a mile home on it one night, all whilst blocked and pilled out of it....woke up next morning remebering nothing and jumped out of bed to go for a piss...and nearly screamed the house down with the pain. What was worse was I walked home initially because I had no money for a taxi....it was only later that evening when I came back from the hospital that I found a £5 shoved in the back pocket of the jeans I was wearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Myself and the sister came home hammered one night and thought it'd be hilarious to rearrange all the garden furniture and bring all the garden ornaments (my mams big into the gardening/decorating) into the kitchen.

We set them up really nicely in the kitchen but unfortunately the mother didn't appreciate our efforts.

Oh I've also done the obligatory stealing of the traffic cone. Those things are heavy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

thats pretty bad form. not really student pranks.

You are dead right. Looking at it now a few years later it was terrible stuff to be doing. At the time we were just college drunken idiots thinkin we could get away with anything. And to be honest we did, not 1 of us ever got into any bother. We were all good students, decent guys basically, but a few drinks too many & that was the result a couple of the nights :(

Now years later i think back & what the hell were we at. Id go mad now if some1 pissed in my house, car. Did any damage to my car etc. Id be thinking scumbags, no respect etc...
    Funny how a few years can make such a difference. Now we're still the same guys who hang around together, at 27/28 but now its a few pints ,gfs along too, no clubs, no stupid ideas at end of night! All boring & sensible!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Recently we had been drinking all night and hadn't slept yet and were going to watch England V France in the Rugby world cup semi at a friend's house (I think it kicked off at 8am down here). So my 2 mates have drivers licences and I can't even drive so we came up with the plan that I would drive and they would change the gears for me as even if I get done for DUI I have no licence to lose. Luckily the car wouldn't start and our efforts to push start it were fruitless. For some reason we were all wearing shades and I had a bicycle helmet on while pushstarting the car, it must have looked ridiculous. I seem to be getting worse as I get older, we're all in and around 30! At least no one got hurt... Incidentally my mate ended up driving his car over pissed...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

Done a few things over the years (well not recently apart from the ol drunken singing on the way home). We once swapped a mini with an empty skip (ie moved mini from driveway to road and skip from road to driveway). We then got stopped by the cops 10mins later as they had been called that some lads were up to no good in the neighbourhood but we managed to convince them enough that it wasn't us.

Was hilarious at the time but i wonder how they got the skip out of the driveway without a lot of help (wouldnt have been room on the road for a truck to back into the driveway to pick it up again. Well maybe but woulda taken some amount of effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

Three mates and myself (all from different counties) tried to break into Croke park when it was being rebuilt a coupla years ago to go streaking. One of us actually made it, but the rest of us were just too fat to climb the fence so we helped him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Went off to catch rabbits with nets from a tennis court. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No worse again.

I've destroyed my apartment at this stage too. Does anyone know where I could get an oven door? I've contacted the company that makes them but they won't reply to me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've destroyed my apartment at this stage too. Does anyone know where I could get an oven door? I've contacted the company that makes them but they won't reply to me.

That happened to a friend of mine too. Playing football in the kitchen with an empty bottle of vodka is never a good idea. I think he ended up having to just buy a new oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Back in my student days, we'd paper mache entire cars (Newspapers and a wet car is all thats needed!) and swap For Sale signs on houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

leaving the pub last night in finglas i thought it would be hilarious to go back in and chop the hand off the nearest bloke at the bar !great crack altogether but not as funny as pissing in someones letterbox!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

we wrapped one of our mates car in a few rolls of cling film...very funny the next day waching him get it off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

About 4 years ago i stroked a box of wrapping paper on xmas eve up at Alex's (a 24hour shop in Dun Laoghaire) then wobbled down the road and totally covered a car making it look like a present.

Advertisement