Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays from "Southern Ireland"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

whats the problem?
    God, the things people complain about these days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Whats your point here???? This is Southern Ireland im in so its fine by me. Fair play to them for doing the SI NI thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fly.on.the.wall

Femmy wrote: »
    whats the problem?
    God, the things people complain about these days..

Eh...have you ever heard of a place called "Southern Ireland" ?? :D

As for as I'm concerned i live in Ireland / Republic of Ireland as per our constitution of 1937 !

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭jum4

yawn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Umm...euro V sterling? Different taxes on flights? Different airports? It's just the way the website is set up to handle bookings...it's not excatly a political statement.
    If you're booking a package holiday with any company you have more to worry about than something so petty IMO...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,993 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I agree with the OP. It should be one option: 'holidays from the British Isles'! Hear, hear!

Anyone else cop this?
    No. Nobody. Nobody uses 'em. Are you cancelling your holiday to Lanzaratty now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

OP, stop complaining. As part of the British Isles, we should have respect for our Overlords in the mainland

As for as I'm concerned i live in Ireland / Republic of Ireland as per our constitution of 1937 !

Am..yes,i have infact i live there..in the south of ireland, and by your profile, you do too..

Am..yes,i have infact i live there..in the south of ireland, and by your profile, you do too..
    Oh, crap. Don't start a Cork Culchie off. He'll either accept that it's Southern Ireland and proceed to tell us all how Cork is the real capital of Southern Ireland or he'll just never accept it and never shut up with mindless, pointless rhetoric and godawful songs.

Oh...wait...you're... d'oh. It's in Southern Irish language too for added points.

• Advertisement

The only thing wrong that I can see is that they've included Kerry in Southern Ireland. It's a different country, after all.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The only thing wrong that I can see is that they've included Kerry in Southern Ireland. It's a different country, after all.
    We wish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I don't know about all of you but I am still living in the Irish Free State and nobody can ever change that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Actually it's Éire or Ireland!

OT: I don't give a sh*t.

Kemos wrote: »
    I don't know about all of you but I am still living in the Irish Free State and nobody can ever change that
    So, you still swear an oath to the monarchy?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

jimbo78 wrote: »
    We wish...

don't we all

DonalN wrote: »
    don't we all

Personally, I'm in favour of a new republic down the south of Ireland: Cork + Kerry. Cork can be the capital of that little country and Kerry will supply the honest, hard-working farming proletariat...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I always thought of myself as being in the southern republican portion of the Island of Ireland, and now suddenly I don't know where I am.......maybe thats why I became a taxi driver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

The 1937 states nothing about Ireland being a Republic. Ireland was proclaimed a Republic in the 1949 Republic of Ireland Act.

EDIT: A bill to finally and unambiguously declare a republic was introduced in 1948 by the new Taoiseach, John A. Costello of the Fine Gael party. What caused the bill to be introduced remains a mystery. Costello made the announcement that the bill was to be introduced when he was in Ottawa, during an official visit to Canada. It had been suggested that it was a spur of the moment reaction to offence caused by the Governor-General of Canada, Harold Alexander, 1st Earl Alexander of Tunis who was of Northern Irish descent and who allegedly placed symbols of Northern Ireland, notably a replica of the famous Roaring Meg cannon used in the Siege of Derry, before an affronted Costello at a state dinner. What is certain is that the prior arrangement whereby toasts to the King (symbolising Canada) and the President (representing Ireland) were to be proposed, was broken. Only a toast to the King was proposed, to the fury of the Irish delegation. Shortly afterwards Costello announced the plan to declare the republic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Ireland_Act

Karoma wrote: »

We just have an elected monarchy, whats the problem?

• Advertisement

Personally, I'm in favour of a new republic down the south of Ireland: Cork + Kerry. Cork can be the capital of that little country and Kerry will supply the honest, hard-working farming proletariat...

Cork is far superior to Kerry. Don't try to pair them off with us. Its like the neighbours from hell, were always associated with those bloody culchies

Oh, crap. Don't start a Cork Culchie off. He'll either accept that it's Southern Ireland and proceed to tell us all how Cork is the real capital of Southern Ireland or he'll just never accept it and never shut up with mindless, pointless rhetoric and godawful songs.

Oh...wait...you're... d'oh. It's in Southern Irish language too for added points.

OOhhhh...touchy touchy...

Spook_ie wrote: »
    We just have an elected monarchy, whats the problem?
    At least you got to elect the twits. Or, someone did. Supposedly. Nothing "wrong". Just checking with Kemos, out of curiosity.

Cork is far superior to Kerry. Don't try to pair them off with us. Its like the neighbours from hell, were always associated with those bloody culchies
    Tough. You have the arrogance to rule them.

OOhhhh...touchy touchy...
    Feely feely? ;) PM meh. I'm loveleh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Funkstard wrote: »
    The 1937 states nothing about Ireland being a Republic. Ireland was proclaimed a Republic in the 1949 Republic of Ireland Act.

Was just about to post this, beaten to it :(

fly.on.the.wall, your facts are wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

OP, stop complaining. As part of the British Isles, we should have respect for our Overlords in the mainland

Hear Hear!
    Damn rabble trying to rise above their station....

Hear Hear!
    Damn rabble trying to rise above their station....

Yeah damned rabble, Still remeber the ITV adverts " Come home to a real fire, buy a cottage in Wales":)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Yes. Yes I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Enda Kenny as Der Fuhrer?

We'll pretend that Cork is running the little republic, and when their knuckle-dragging labour-force has given us some proper roads (cause they're good at roads), we'll send them back from whence they came.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Yeah damned rabble, Still remeber the ITV adverts " Come home to a real fire, buy a cottage in Wales":)

I have two cottages, one to set on fire, and one nearby so i can bask in the warmth.
    Gods own country over here, i tells ya.

Advertisement