Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lynx

Options
2»

Comments

derek27 wrote: »
    It's probably out of your price range so you just stick with your natural enchanting scent of stale urine

ROFL

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

...natural enchanting scent of stale urine

...which to me, is what lynx smells like

can i not have an opinion ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

conky_05 wrote: »
    ...which to me, is what lynx smells like

can i not have an opinion ? :D

Ah I'm only joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

conky_05 wrote: »
    i too used to wear it .... when i first hit puberty ! the smell reminds me of the rugby changing room after matches when i was 15 !

right now i hate the stuff, and just cannt understand how people my age (28) still use it ! it's just horrible, adolescent ....

i use nivea or vaseline deodorants/antiperspitants .... nice, subtle, fresh

Nivea, nivea is for women and vaseline is for . . . eh, not for making a man smell nice. What is vaseline for? Babys bums?

Ah I'm only joking.

well duh ! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Jackz wrote: »
    Nivea, nivea is for women and vaseline is for . . . eh, not for making a man smell nice. What is vaseline for? Babys bums?

nivea doedorant is uni-sex ..... smells neutral

vaseline deodorant is the same ......... baby's bums could probably do with some, since they poop all day .... then again, would probably irritate the little buggers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

Jackz wrote: »
    What is vaseline for? Babys bums?

Gay man's bums... thats how they... ehm..."shwing"

Lynx Africa FTW! my girlfriend buys it for me cause she's addicted to the stuff... and everyone knows girls are all the same...

LovelyTom wrote: »
    Gay man's bums... thats how they... ehm..."shwing"

Lynx Africa FTW! my girlfriend buys it for me cause she's addicted to the stuff... and everyone knows girls are all the same...

so we've gone from deodorant to somdomy

oh yeh, AH !;)

LovelyTom wrote: »
    ... and everyone knows girls are all the same...

if the lynx ads are true, yes, this is definately the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

I remember rumours from primary school that there were horse hormones in linx and that was what made it so appealing to the wimmins.

Not saying it's true but I just remembered it and found it funny to imagine guys spraying themselves with horse to attract girls...

thats all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

jay_haych wrote: »
    i hate the smell of lynx. i find it cheapish and chemically smelling.

i prefer the old spice deodorant, ive been using it for years and when i couldnt find it last week i bought the brut one which smells nice.

+1
    KTRIC wrote: »
    There was one called "Inca" which was around years ago. That drove the ladies wild. I wouldn't touch the stuff now to be honest. I found that after about mid day if it was warm I would smell horrible.

I started using roll-on Nivea for Men deoderant and its really good. Very very mild smell so you can still use aftershave and smell good.

I'm a roll-on person too. Sanex for Men. It does exactly what it's supposed to do without the stink.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

beans wrote: »
    After Oriental it was all down-hill imo

Oriental FTW. Lynx oriental that is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,172 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Every christmas i get at least 1 lynx deoderant/shower gel combo set thing from an aunt of granny or something, so it usually gets used over the course of the year when whatever i buy myself has run low. Wouldn't buy it personally, but Africa is always grand.

Here's a poem I wrote many many years ago.

Not Quite Roses;

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,
    I Smell Your Armpits From Afar,
    A Deo I Suggest You Wear,
    For Odour Permeates The Air,
    Hygiene Surprise Would Be A Shower,
    To Leave You Fresh With Eau De Flower,
    If Not I'll Simply Go Insane,
    Cause Being Classed As Nasal Pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Every christmas i get at least 1 lynx deoderant/shower gel combo set thing from an aunt of granny or something, so it usually gets used over the course of the year when whatever i buy myself has run low. Wouldn't buy it personally, but Africa is always grand.

Here's a poem I wrote many many years ago.

Not Quite Roses;

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,
    I Smell Your Armpits From Afar,
    A Deo I Suggest You Wear,
    For Odour Permeates The Air,
    Hygiene Surprise Would Be A Shower,
    To Leave You Fresh With Eau De Flower,
    If Not I'll Simply Go Insane,
    Cause Being Classed As Nasal Pain.

I'll bet your other half was delighted with that little love poem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,172 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

johnp wrote: »
    I'll bet your other half was delighted with that little love poem :D

well, y'know, sometimes these things just have to be approached delicately ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

The spray they brought out that was ina light blue can was nice ,i think it wsa called fresh of clean something like that.Do they still make that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Lynx: Better than BO but only slightly.
    If I had to choose a spray on deo it'd be something by gillette...their stuff smells better and isn't as cloying as Lynx.

Nature's Own tea tree oil stick deodarant and a spray of whatever cologne I'm currently in posession of, for me...
    Anti perspirant is evil stuff in any form be it spray, roll on or stick....if your body didn't need to sweat then it wouldn't...hindering it from doing so has to be harming you in some way, unless you have that medical condition that makes you run like a tap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Caveat

TBH I've always associated Lynx with all things cheap n' nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Lynx is the sex!

Vice and Phoenix FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Africa wins, and I also miss Inca and Nevada. The rest all smell the same (chemical).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

jay_haych wrote: »
    i hate the smell of lynx. i find it cheapish and chemically smelling.

i prefer the old spice deodorant, ive been using it for years and when i couldnt find it last week i bought the brut one which smells nice.

qft

old spice deoderant and aftershave ftw

have used brut as well - niiice

most of the other shít just smells too soapy.

on a side note - one morning being very sleepy I sprayed my armpit with shaving foam instead of deodourant!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

yeah good ol AXE as it called outside ireland is pretty strong if you spray too much of it in a small toilet or whatever.

eldeabroad wrote: »
    on a side note - one morning being very sleepy I sprayed my armpit with shaving foam instead of deodourant!!!

classic :)

i once ran out of deodorant, so sprayed obsession eau de toilette under my arms ....... felt like my pits were on fire !

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Here was me thinking this would be about a text based browser.
    That's not how deoderant works. It mixes with your sweat so that it will smell nice.
    Anti persperant absorbs your sweat.
    That's what the marketing will have you believe, yes. Deoderant will of course mix with your smell but the product is created to cover your smell and replace it with the chemical smell.

Anti perspirant works by blocking your sweat glands and stopping you from sweating, it doesn't absorb as it doesn't have enough mass to hold all that water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

gillette unscented anti perspirant FTW! splash of 212/fahrenheit is the cherry on the cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

3 pages in and, I think, no mention yet of the Lynx that was Sex In A Can:

Java! :)

This, erm, "served me well" in the early 90s ;)

Havent worn any Lynx in at least a decade but it seems to still be hugely popular with the kids and the TV campaigns are always excellent.

Advertisement