Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lynx

Options
  • 10-01-2008 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

just went to the toilet in work, and could barely breathe with the stink of it ! for one, i think lynx is a horrible deodorant for adolescent boys, yet apparently it's still used by alot of people

opinions > ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cellulite_sally

Some of the fragrances they do are retched. However, I do still like the old ones like Africa + Atlantis and they do serve as a nice shower in a can every once in a while. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Archeron

I too went into the toilet in work this morning and could barely breath. Without going into detail, lets just say that Lynx would have been a delightful alternative to what I had to breathe in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I dropped a particularly nasty growler this morning at work,Meatloaf's Daughter proportions.

There was a liquid cleaner in the stall and I had to douse the pan liberally and leave the top off it try to dissipate the stink.

It would take more than Lynx to shift it.

Do these guys use Lynx as an air freshener.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Lynx isn't bad really. Its cheap, some of its products are good like Africa and it above all, it works!

But then again, you don't need to powerhose yourself with it. Truth be told, if your smelly, then no amount of lynx will cover it. Ya need a shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

After Oriental it was all down-hill imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bartek07

Lynx Africa.. honestly, who'd want to smell like an African?*

*Light hearted joke, not meant to offend Africans or come across as racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

what's worse are those folk (and there are many!!) that believe lynx is an *anti-perspirant....

*I know they now have a range of them that are, but still lots use the originals in vein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jay_haych

i hate the smell of lynx. i find it cheapish and chemically smelling.

i prefer the old spice deodorant, ive been using it for years and when i couldnt find it last week i bought the brut one which smells nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It's just deoderant.

Hahaha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

its not an anti persperant and only covers a bad smell with a slightly better smell. the body wash is decent enough though. lynx stinx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

conky_05 wrote: »
    just went to the toilet in work, and could barely breathe with the stink of it ! for one, i think lynx is a horrible deodorant for adolescent boys, yet apparently it's still used by alot of people

opinions > ?

I hate it but worse than lynx is the overuse of it, a new lad started in my office a while back and he would douse himself in it before leaving the office when I caught him at this I told him if he ever did that again and left me breathing those noxious fumes I would stick a can in his coffin before I bury him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

That's not how deoderant works. It mixes with your sweat so that it will smell nice.
    Anti persperant absorbs your sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Yeah its for teens only really.

Better just to use an anti-perspirant. I find Mitchium role-ons best, very little smell from them. Then a small dab of after shave. Voila!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭martin84

shower in a can!! Ya the Africa one is nice. Some of the new ones are a bit dodge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Oriental ftw, they should deffo bring it back.

Africa is alright, but the rest of them, meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

There advertising campaigns really do the job... just look at the "bam chicka wah wah" effeectivness.

I use Lynx (Africa mostly) but I miss Tempest and Atlantis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

In tests I have carried out, Lynx Africa scores consistantly well with the ladies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jaden wrote: »
    In tests I have carried out, Lynx Africa scores consistantly well with the ladies.

Yeah, but I got me hole at so many dishcos in my youth using Oriental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Conky. Glad to see I'm not the only one. I have serious breathing difficulty with one particular Lynx product, I don't remember which one at the moment but we should compare notes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

There was one called "Inca" which was around years ago. That drove the ladies wild. I wouldn't touch the stuff now to be honest. I found that after about mid day if it was warm I would smell horrible.

I started using roll-on Nivea for Men deoderant and its really good. Very very mild smell so you can still use aftershave and smell good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I wear Lynx. Haven't had any complaints yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

i too used to wear it .... when i first hit puberty ! the smell reminds me of the rugby changing room after matches when i was 15 !

right now i hate the stuff, and just cannt understand how people my age (28) still use it ! it's just horrible, adolescent ....

i use nivea or vaseline deodorants/antiperspitants .... nice, subtle, fresh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Roll on. hee hee... My old man uses roll on.
    Lynx Africa ftw.

Roll-on FTW, my old pits can't take the spray anymore :rolleyes:

I dropped a particularly nastygrowlerthis morning at work,.

Hmm, a different use of the word. Hmmm . Hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

Everyone is knocking it, but chances are that every single one of you (males anyway) have a can of it in your bathroom or somewhere. It's a product that does what it says on the tin, and it's inexpensive. So give up this nonsense thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

derek27 wrote: »
    Everyone is knocking it, but chances are that every single one of you (males anyway) have a can of it in your bathroom or somewhere. It's a product that does what it says on the tin, and it's inexpensive. So give up this nonsense thread.

i don't

and i'm guessing others don't either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

conky_05 wrote: »
    i don't

and i'm guessing others don't either

It's probably out of your price range so you just stick with your natural enchanting scent of stale urine

• Advertisement

I use it anyway. I only buy Africa

Advertisement