Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of the MonsterNight

Options
  • 09-01-2008 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Well now that I'm back chewing on freeps I'm looking for a few other likely ne'er-do-wells to help me.

So what night and time if any would suit you fine gentlemen and ladies ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'll be struggling to get the free time, but I'd like to start up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

humanji wrote: »
    I'll be struggling to get the free time, but I'd like to start up again.

I'd be up for it as well. Suppose we see how many reply to this thread to see how much interest there is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 fergusm76

Not done Monster Play much myself, what's it like. My freep only got access to the 'moors recently. I suppose it's good to be bad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Its a laugh if not a bit one sided. I play pretty much excessively monster although I'm either going to start leveling my burglar or make a new freep haven't quite decided just yet.

Shall we say tuesdays at 8:30 for monster night, any night bar Thursday works for me.

Tuesday is fine for me.....

• Advertisement

Excellent I'll be on from about 8:20
    Send a tell to Graymane when you join as a creep and we can organize ourselves.

Tuesday should be ok, but it depends on what time I'm in work til (could be up to 10, so we'll see).

I went back on, over the weekend, to try and remember how to play. I had 35 group missions and over an hour period, saw 1 other player. There wasn't even anyone chatting in any of the areas I was in. Kind of depressing. I ended up installing City Of Heroes again, just to have something to do.

Well I restarted a new min (say hello to singalot) and had no problem finding players. We can look at restarting a guild if people are interested and use darkkeep for it, which should at least allow people to keep in touch and stay organised.

Monster play seems pretty populated as well although there's a good bit of camping on grams, but thats ok since you don't have to walk far for a fight.

Then that proves what I always feared: I smell and people can smell me over the net :(

humanji wrote: »
    went back on, over the weekend, to try and remember how to play. I had 35 group missions and over an hour period, saw 1 other player. There wasn't even anyone chatting in any of the areas I was in. Kind of depressing. I ended up installing City Of Heroes again, just to have something to do.(

It is Snowbourne that you are on? Surprised by you saying that things were dead as I've never noticed a lack of people even if sometimes it can be difficult to put the required fellowships together.

I should be on tonight from about 8:00pm on my Warg Mistiq. Its been a while since I have logged in on him so I will probably have a bit of catching up on any changes they have implemented.

• Advertisement

I'm heading on now myself.
    Send a tell to graymane (in monster play)

Well it was just Lister1 and myself last night, Max hadn't got himself patched up in time. Twas a laugh, the usual gank squads ganking and then getting ganked in return.

I think next week we should look at using perhaps TeamSpeak which seems a bit better than the ingame voice software.

Goot to know it's still fun :) I was stuck in work and didn't get home in time, but should definitely be about next week.

Yep, was fun alright besides for the couple of times when the creeps were helplessly out numbered. Saw a good few people form my kinship on and was taken down a couple of times by them. I'm not sure if they copped on it was me as they didnt mention it in when I went on as my freep.

I'm going to try and spend an hour or so per day for the rest of the week trying to boost my destiny points so that I can purchase the additional skills/traits available to me.If you see me on give me a shout....

Well if people are on for it again I'd suggest this tuesday that we also use teamspeak for voice and use the HIV server for it.

The last couple of nights have been pretty good as it happens with the creeps holding most of the map and some good keep assaults by the Freeps. So hopefully tomorrow night will continue this trend.

Right fellow creeps (and any freeps who might also like to try their hand at 1v1)
    tis the same as last time 8:30pm on snowbourne although I should be on a bit earlier.

This time to help things I suggest we use teamspeak and the HIV teamspeak server which is on [url=teamspeak://games3.iol.ie:8777]games3.iol.ie:8777[/url].

Or you can send me (Graymane) a tell when you're on and we can get grouped up if its keep taking or just pack if we inf farm.

I've been away the last couple of days so didnt make this weeks Monster night. Should be business as usual for next Tuesday and I'll also try to put in a couple of hours before then...

excellent, twas just max and myself last night.

F*ck it, I thought today was Tuesday :(

Just a heads up for tomorrow night.
    8:30pm on snowbourn, I should be on a bit before that so send me a tell (graymane) and we'll group up. be handy if you have voice working but not a necessity.

todays monday humanji, just so you know :p

• Advertisement

As sad as it sounds, I've even set my alarm for it :D

Should be there and with voice as well....

Also was wondering if either or run run Lotro with DX10 enabled? I've tried it before when the option was shortly out of beta but it caused serious lag. My machine is a quad core with a 8800gts card so I would have thought it could handle this with ease.

I'm running on Dx10 and to be honest haven't actually noticed anything different. But it works and has been stable so far.

Naa bog standard dx9 with some of the eye candy off to keep speeds up.

Do you not have slowdown when in ettenmoors? I used to have to put the graphics right down especially when a keep was being attacked. Might try to enable it tonight to see what its like...

Haven't really tried it with a load of guys on screen. I'll try it tonight too, but I'm going to assume that I'll be turning all the settings down :D

Someone needs to buy a new alarm clock ;)

Someone needs to buy a new alarm clock ;)

Or learn how to work it!

Hey, I was on last night and even sent you a tell, but got no reply, so there!

But I did have a good laugh. I had created a new guy, because my Warg just got killed all the time, so I have a warchief now (who also gets killed all the time, but not as often). I grouped with a guy who'd never played monster play before, which was brilliant for me, because I didn't feel as useless :D

But it was fun. Spent ages making my way over to TA to find it overrun and everyone was at TR. Made my way to TR to find it overrun and everyone was back at Lug. Went to lug and died 4 times. I'm getting better! :D

• Advertisement

Whats the name of your new creep. We where right in the middle of it so its easy to miss a tell or two.

Advertisement