Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with a Garda, what to do?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

Mairt wrote: »
    Not surprised in the least.

My son was mugged almost one year ago. Despite the fact that he gave them guards a name and location, he had four witnesses who were willing to go to court or whatever else it took the lazy fvck of a cop never took it any further than taking some details.

I tried everything from contacting the station almost daily for weeks on end and always got an excuse, everything from "she's on leave, call in two weeks" to "she's out sick, call next week" and then "She's on a course, call in a week".

I tried her section sargent, same thing... drew a blank.

I wrote to her super-intendent seeking an appointment, he couldn't accomodate me.

I'd a similar situation a few year's ago when my motorbike was stolen. I seen a guy on it in town, pulled him off and held him until the police arrived.

Guess what, the guard LET HIM DRIVE IT AWAY!!!. And then it was a similar job trying to locate the cop. Of course the lazy whore never got back to me, and I never got the bike back.

Lazy, lazy shower of scumbag bastards.

:eek: Are you on the yellow or green pills today Mairt:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

In 2001, in Northern Ireland, there were approx. 15,000 full time members of the PSNI supported by about 12,000 members of the British Army. All this to serve a population of just under 1 million.

Last year I saw a PQ being raised in the Dail about Garda strengths and at the moment we have about 13,500 full time members of An Garda Siochana serving a population kicking the arse off 4 million.

Now, do the 'per-capita' maths then and realise why 'The Case of the Missing Alloys' won't be featuring on Crimecall anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

lissy wrote: »
    Anyway to cut a long storey short, the Garda have not requested the cctv from the management agent to review. I have contacted him numerous times as have the management company and he is not returning calls.

This may sound a bit radical, but why don't the residents request the cctv footage from their OWN management agent, and if it shows anything, drop it down to the local Garda Station ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Duiske wrote: »
    This may sound a bit radical, but why don't the residents request the cctv footage from their OWN management agent, and if it shows anything, drop it down to the local Garda Station ?

Sure why stop at that? After reviewing the tapes and if you see the people robbing your cars why not set up a detctive compnay and find the lads who did it yourself then bring them down to the gardai station? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

CLADA wrote: »
    :eek: Are you on the yellow or green pills today Mairt:D

Your attempt at humour scores 1 1/2 out of 10.

PM Rigger/Degsy/Slow Motion/Terry for private tuition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Sure why stop at that? After reviewing the tapes and if you see the people robbing your cars why not set up a detctive compnay and find the lads who did it yourself then bring them down to the gardai station? :rolleyes:

Ehhh...No. Just looking at the tape to see if the incident was recorded should suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Mairt wrote: »
    Not surprised in the least.

My son was mugged almost one year ago. Despite the fact that he gave them guards a name and location, he had four witnesses who were willing to go to court or whatever else it took the lazy fvck of a cop never took it any further than taking some details.

I tried everything from contacting the station almost daily for weeks on end and always got an excuse, everything from "she's on leave, call in two weeks" to "she's out sick, call next week" and then "She's on a course, call in a week".

I tried her section sargent, same thing... drew a blank.

I wrote to her super-intendent seeking an appointment, he couldn't accomodate me.

I'd a similar situation a few year's ago when my motorbike was stolen. I seen a guy on it in town, pulled him off and held him until the police arrived.

Guess what, the guard LET HIM DRIVE IT AWAY!!!. And then it was a similar job trying to locate the cop. Of course the lazy whore never got back to me, and I never got the bike back.

Lazy, lazy shower of scumbag bastards.

How you are not in Mountjoy is beyond me. I would have literally punched the Garda right in the back of the head (as she was walking away) if this happened to me.

On topic tho Go to S.I, DEFINITELY contact ombudsman if all else fails. The Gardai in General are a lazy shower of bastards. There are some great officers and some with a bit of discretion and common sense but on the whole they are inept and terrible at "serving the community".

End rant, and I have no intention of explaining myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lord Bickford

and they wonder why there are vigilante gangs and individuals around ready to take on what gardai don't.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

My friends ma's borthers sisters ex fella said he saw a garda catching an armed bank robber and then letting him away with it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sure they are all scumbags and another fella i met told me that possibly alot of the garda are armed bank robbers themselves :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Another Gardai Failure. My Advice is record all Gardai failures after 3 failures with proof of gardai failure take matters into your own hands in the unlikly event any governing body or gardai has a problem with this show proof of there failures and say you pay taxes but you where not benifiting from protection of your local police forces, you also have documantation to show failure on behalf of the gardai and by extension your goverment. Any actions you take may not be legal but you where not protected so you protected yourself

• Advertisement
Advertisement