Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maddie- The Film?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Archeron

Just wait for "Maddie, the musical" or even better, "Maddie on ice"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Ah fer fucks sake... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Really hope that is a joke. If its true, they are sick sick people(the parents)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

They want the money, whats the odds they will say yeh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

tut tut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Maybe they'll cast Lassie to help find her in the movie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Excellent, I hope this will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If they agree to this then they deserve a good hard beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

As long as they dont leave it wide open at the end for a sequel !!!;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

As long as they get a babysitter when they attend the premiere...

Will McDonalds do a tie in with the movie?

"Can I have a McMaddie burger please?"

On the back of the tray mat is a maze from the tapas bar to the apartment... see if you can make it in the same time if took Gerry!

Methinks this is excellent material for lolocaust!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

So, let's start casting the main stars then.

Someone like Cameron Diaz will probably play the mother. Clooney as the father? Or maybe Kevin Bacon, for the evilness he can alwatys bring to procedings. Although, I reckon he'd be better as the Murat guy.

Anna Chlumsky would have been a shoe in for Maddie a few years ago, but I don't know any child stars around at the moment, that'll have to be a n00b I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

As long as all the dosh goes to charities for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Poltergeist remake. With an alternate ending. In which the parents get rich by televising the daughter trapped in the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

18AD wrote:
    Poltergeist remake. With an alternate ending. In which the parents get rich by televising the daughter trapped in the tv.

lol

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Perhaps a range of shoes would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Between hawking her organs and this they're really making a killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

DesF wrote: »
    So, let's start casting the main stars then.

Someone like Cameron Diaz will probably play the mother. Clooney as the father? Or maybe Kevin Bacon, for the evilness he can alwatys bring to procedings. Although, I reckon he'd be better as the Murat guy.

Anna Chlumsky would have been a shoe in for Maddie a few years ago, but I don't know any child stars around at the moment, that'll have to be a n00b I suppose.

Eddie Murphy to play all parts, including Madeline

Maybe they'll cast Lassie to help find her in the movie

Excellent LMFAO,

I dont know about most of you but I am one of the people that think they had something to do with it so hearing something like this is no suprise. Its rather sick.... would you let someone make a film of your daughter if you had nothing to do with the disappearance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

As long as all the dosh goes to charities for kids

+1

but can you see it happening?
    wheres maddie cartoon will be next!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I know that the idea is bad, but just maybe it might work in helping them find her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

Did nobody read the article before jumping in with their smart arse remarks? The parents are considering it to help raise awareness, nothing more has been confirmed at this stage... FYI the jokes aren't funny :rolleyes:...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

yaynay wrote: »
    FYI the jokes aren't funny :rolleyes:...

I actually found them quite amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

yaynay wrote: »
    Did nobody read the article before jumping in with their smart arse remarks? The parents are considering it to help raise awareness, nothing more has been confirmed at this stage... FYI the jokes aren't funny :rolleyes:...

I beg to differ. I lol'd at least 2 or 3 times when reading the thread.

Anyway, raise awareness for what? I'll eat my hat if you can find one person that has never heard of Madelines McCann at this stage. I'd say 99% of people could pic out a picture of her aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Have they worked out the ending yet, if there is indeed a film proposal, more like a tabloid headline? The PJ of course are working on the script as well. The McCann's surely would not be that crass and stupid to broach such a subject in view of yesterday's DNA headlines? Would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

maybe they'll make a film about all the kidnappings that happen all over the world everyday of the week...or maybe about the 200,000 that die in Haiti every year from disease and famine...

no....sure that stuff's only make believe...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Einstein wrote: »
    maybe they'll make a film about all the kidnappings that happen all over the world everyday of the week...or maybe about the 200,000 that die in Haiti every year from disease and famine...

no....sure that stuff's only make believe...

Much more deserving of a film IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Stekelly wrote: »
    I beg to differ. I lol'd at least 2 or 3 times when reading the thread.

Anyway, raise awareness for what? I'll eat my hat if you can find one person that has never heard of Madelines McCann at this stage. I'd say 99% of people could pic out a picture of her aswell.

i was just going to say that. making a film to raise awareness about maddie is like making a film about water just in case there's someone who has never heard of it. everyone who will ever see this film already knows all about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

A Maddie movie?

Who wants to bet there'll be Maddie merchandise released as a tie in.

Maddie Action figures.
    Dolls (Hide and Seek Maddie)
    Books (Where's Wally? style)

etc

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Maddie video game anyone?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Maddie video game anyone?

Think of the HotCoffee mod for GTA San Andreas.

Advertisement