Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What they get up to in Borneo

Options
  • 07-01-2008 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

Meet Pony. She is an orangutan from a small village in Borneo, where they cut down the rain forest to render the palm oil that gets sold abroad and made into lip salve, ice cream, chocolates, and cheese crackers.

Vice: So tell us about Pony.

Michelle Desilets [Director of the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation]: Pony is an orangutan from a prostitute village in Borneo. We found her chained to a wall, lying on a mattress. She had been shaved all over her body.

I want to cry.

If a man walked near her, she would turn herself around, present herself, and start gyrating and going through the motions. She was being used as a sex slave. She was probably about six or seven years old when we rescued her, but she had been held captive by a madam for a long time. The madam refused to give up the animal because everyone loved Pony and she was a big part of their income. They also thought Pony was lucky, as she would pick winning lottery numbers.

Did the clients realize that they were in fact getting an orangutan?

Oh yeah, they would come in especially for it. You could choose a human if you preferred, but it was a novelty for many of the men to have sex with an orangutan. They shaved her every other day, which meant that her skin had all these pimples and was very irritated. The mosquitoes would get to her very badly and the bites would become septic and be very infected, as she would scratch them constantly. They would put rings and necklaces on her. She was absolutely hideous to look at.

How did you get her away from there?

It took us over a year to rescue her, because every time we went in with forest police and local officers we would be overpowered by the villagers, who simply would not give her up. They would threaten us with guns and knives with poison on them. In the end it took 35 policemen armed with AK-47s and other weaponry going in there and demanding that they hand over Pony. It was filmed by a local television crew and in the background of the film when we are unchaining Pony you can hear the madam crying hysterically, screaming, “They are taking my baby, you can’t do this!” There is no law enforcement in Indonesia so these people didn’t face any sentence or anything for what they had done.
    http://www.viceland.com/int/v14n10/htdocs/yo1.php?country=us

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

F*ckin hell

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Morlar wrote: »
    is that for real ?
    apparently so
    Cool_CM wrote: »
    F*ckin hell

my thoughts exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

They should all be shot (seriously).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Sweet Jebus that's wrong on so many levels..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Ick. I wonder does this happen a lot or is this an isolated case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

That can't be real.

if it is. I'm scared. I'm going to Borneo in three months!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Very weird. Kind of have to wonder about the standard of the prostitutes in the village if people are paying to shag the monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

watna wrote: »
    That can't be real.

if it is. I'm scared. I'm going to Borneo in three months!

tickets just booked this minute yeah? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye, shes not even that hot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

tickets just booked this minute yeah? ;)

Eww!

But I'm a lay-dee! I wouldn't be able to do much with her (this does not mean you dirty boys should suggest anything!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

watna wrote: »
    I'm going to Borneo in three months!

Coincidence....

But yea... You've got to be pretty messed up / drunk to sleep with a shaved Orangutan.

Reminds me of my student nights out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Shaved Orangutan... LOL!!! Ah no, that is absolutely terrible though. Imagine the stubble rash you'd get off her? LAWL!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

What kind of a sick **** would want to **** a orang?! Especially an orang that was diseased "They shaved her every other day, which meant that her skin had all these pimples and was very irritated. The mosquitoes would get to her very badly and the bites would become septic and be very infected"
    They would put rings and necklaces on her..
    If a man walked near her, she would turn herself around, present herself, and start gyrating and going through the motions
    The image of that is kinda funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Fucked up. So very fucked up.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Morlar wrote: »
    They should all be shot (seriously).

Agreed. Death to all whore-monkeys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

That is completely disturbing. They should be tied to a tree and bet with a 5 foot rubber mallot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

?? Dont understand the outrage, there is stuff like this happening in places like Sligo all the time, just replace monkey with farmyard animal. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

That was.....disturbing

Monkey sex slaves.

Whatever next

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Jesus. How bad would your life have to be that you could cheer yourself up by humping an orangutan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cellulite_sally

Very Disturbing.

I live in sligo and i resent the above, however some women herre do look like farm animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Jesus, that's sick.

Can't they ride monkeys for free in the jungle instead of paying for them :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    Jesus, that's sick.

Can't they ride monkeys for free in the jungle instead of paying for them :confused:.

As the nun said: Go and try ride a wild primate.

The chimpanzee, and many other primates in captivity would probably have no problem giving it up for free to man. It's 'socially' acceptable for them. Why not let them earn their keep? Even more so than for the women of Sligo. Maybe this is the way forward? How long before see chimpanzees on the streets of Sligo whoring themselves?
    I do disagree with the shaving part, at any rate. If the Sligo women don't have to, why should the chimpanzees?!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,173 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

wrong...just...wrong.

Don't call em the wilds of Borneo for nothin' i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I dunno whats funnier, the story or the comments above.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Karoma wrote: »
    The chimpanzee, and many other primates in captivity would probably have no problem giving it up for free to man. It's 'socially' acceptable for them. Why not let them earn their keep?

I think you're missing the point of the whole thread, since when is it acceptable to allow Orangutans to lower themselves to the level of sligo whores? This is outrageous :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Miss Sligo 2008 !!!

th_98269_monkey-lips_122_177lo.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa! Sligo women may be hairyier than a shaved Orangutan but at least most of them smell better!

oleras wrote: »
    Miss Sligo 2008 !!!

th_98269_monkey-lips_122_177lo.jpg

Pah, she needs a shave TBH...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    I think you're missing the point of the whole thread, since when is it acceptable to allow Orangutans to lower themselves to the level of sligo whores? This is outrageous :mad:

Orangutans - it's unfair. Chimpanzees are a whole other story.

... Where's monkeyfudge?!

Pah, she needs a shave TBH...
    OMG! SEXIST!!!1! It's OK to be hairy if you're a male primate but not if you're female?! ADMIRE HER FOR HER TRUE & INNER BEAUTY!
    I'm tempted to break your post away and move it to The Ladies Lounge. That'll learn ya...or them. Either way, I'd be amused.

Advertisement