Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

CiaranC wrote: »
    Did you tip it to slip at the last bend?

If a horse slips on its way to winning its hardly a bad tip

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Tips win, donkeys fall!

I'll happily keep posting 7/4, 4/5 and 9/4 winners all season long, is that ok with everyone on here who won money on them or will I stop because Colly doesn't think they're "the best tips in the world"?

Opinions welcome.

It was 11/4 SP btw, not 9/4.

Gavin your record speaks for itself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Are you actually serious? A winner is a winner and 3 comfortable winners. I backed all 3 and i lurk in this thread everyday waiting for Gav to post his next tip. Keep them coming mate.:cool:

I'll try, should have at least one this month Nuts, stay on the ball.:D
    colly54 wrote: »
    If a horse slips on its way to winning its hardly a bad tip

Double_Facepalm_by_ScotlandForLife.jpg

Nearly winning and winning are two different things Colly. You're nearly in China with this hole digging!

magherakid wrote: »
    Gavin your record speaks for itself :)

Hopefully it stays at 100%.:cool:

I'll try, should have at least one this month Nuts, stay on the ball.:D

Double_Facepalm_by_ScotlandForLife.jpg

Nearly winning and winning are two different things Colly. You're nearly in China with this hole digging!

Hopefully it stays at 100%.:cool:

Next time i get a tip i wont pass it on too you gav, because at the end of the day i cant be 100% it will win, as its a horse!!

colly54 wrote: »
    Next time i get a tip i wont pass it on too you gav, because at the end of the day i cant be 100% it will win, as its a horse!!

Then it's not a tip! Tips win! 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Come on lads it's not a competition to see who posts more winners. It's about beating the bookies.

Were all in the one boat here, any winning tip/info is great for the forum.

Awful pressure on ya for your next one now Gav with a statement like that :D

Hope your right though!

ft9 wrote: »
    Come on lads it's not a competition to see who posts more winners. It's about beating the bookies.

Were all in the one boat here, any winning tip/info is great for the forum.

Awful pressure on ya for your next one now Gav with a statement like that :D

Hope your right though!

Awh me and Colly are in college together, he's just winding me up as usual and vice versa.

I know, balls on the line job on my part ha!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sliderman

QUOTE=GMROCKS;74697190]winns at 10/1:D[/QUOTE]

please keep posting, I love beating the bookies:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Got word for much acclaimed in the 4.15 and bideford legend in the 4.35. The person is hit and miss but said i would post it. Hard enough to get one tip to win besides two, but i done them in doubles and trebles with efton rifles in the 3.45 who i think will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Got a tip for He's Cool in the 3.50 at Punchestown. Should be in the first 4 (so the trainer says) back each way around the 9/1 mark.

• Advertisement

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Got a tip for He's Cool in the 3.50 at Punchestown. Should be in the first 4 (so the trainer says) back each way around the 9/1 mark.

Leading jumping the last just ran outta steam to the line !! Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭skydish79

Leading jumping the last just ran outta steam to the line !! Sorry.

No worries was leading all way around til last, as you said just ran outta steam, thought he was hanging on to 4th beaten by a head

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Edit -

Thread cleaned up and previously banned person given another chance.

This thread is for information/tips only, general fancies go here (click) only.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Hey GavinShels any word for Henry de Bromhead's only runner today in Uttoxeter. Only asking because all your tips seem to come from that stable. Its strange he doesnt send many horses over and the winning prize is only 3 grand. Surely taking into consideration the cost of sending just one horse abroad and doubled up with the fact McCoy is booked to ride looks like a tip in itself. But his forecast price is 3/1 and you can get as big as 5/1 so thats putting me off a little. I know should be happy with a bigger price but the drift is putting me off. I will probably back him anyway just not sure how big a bet i will have yet.

Sorry for the late post but not even meant to be posting this. Carleton Place 4.40 Utt. Good chance but a tough race.

Sizing Symphony in the 4.25 Fairyhouse. I got 3/1 last night on Boyles, suppousely into 9/4 now.

Sizing Symphony appears again tomorrow in the first at Cheltenham. That race I tipped him in which he won was a prep run for Cheltenham tomorrow, he'll probably win, but he'll be a muck price no doubt. No official word on him but all must be well if he's still on the card.

Might do a reserve forecast with him and Bold Addition, get some value.
    Sorry for the late post but not even meant to be posting this. Carleton Place 4.40 Utt. Good chance but a tough race.

Sorry about that, he was looking well, faded over. I was told he was a cert a while back and to keep it on the qt hence the last minute post, disappointing finish.

My post vanished?

Sizing Symphony appears again tomorrow in the first at Cheltenham. That race I tipped him in which he won was a prep run for Cheltenham tomorrow, he'll probably win, but he'll be a muck price no doubt. No official word on him but all must be well if he's still on the card.

Sorry about that, he was looking well, faded over. I was told he was a cert a while back and to keep it on the qt hence the last minute post, disappointing finish.

Got 7/4 on pp last night. Cheers. Ok got a tip for tonight Lady Fashion in the 8.30 at Dundalk. Same person gave me a tip last friday at Dundalk from the same stable that won (couldnt get on to post) so it is decent info coming direct from the yard.

Sizing Symphony wins and the reverse forecast wins.

4 out of 5 now. 80% hit rate. Hopefully will get back on track now.

Got 7/4 on pp last night. Cheers. Ok got a tip for tonight Lady Fashion in the 8.30 at Dundalk. Same person gave me a tip last friday at Dundalk from the same stable that won (couldnt get on to post) so it is decent info coming direct from the yard.

Clipped heals in the straight and came down. Disaster. Got word for GRIESENAU in the last race (5.45) at Downpatrick today. Hopefully it runs better then the last one !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 pat321

dont want to spoil your party but this horse needs good ground minimum, to act to his best ability. although on the flipside frontrunners or toe ins have a decent record in this race.

pat321 wrote: »
    dont want to spoil your party but this horse needs good ground minimum, to act to his best ability. although on the flipside frontrunners or toe ins have a decent record in this race.

Whats this now ???

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭GMROCKS

my ban is over:eek:

Ok got a tip for tonight Lady Fashion in the 8.30 at Dundalk. Same person gave me a tip last friday at Dundalk from the same stable that won (couldnt get on to post) so it is decent info coming direct from the yard.

Runs again tonight Dundalk 7.35 stable thinks she is on a decent mark with more to come from her. think 6/1 is best price at the moment.

Runs again tonight Dundalk 7.35 stable thinks she is on a decent mark with more to come from her. think 6/1 is best price at the moment.

funny enough i was looking at that ones form last nite on attheraces and i thought it has a decent chance. one at more speculative odds is giving orders 6.45 dun 33/1 with boyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭GMROCKS

just looked at dundalk 7.35 in my opinion the best handicaped horse in it would be IRON MAJOR @10s...but im not backing in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

GMROCKS wrote: »
    just looked at dundalk 7.35 in my opinion the best handicaped horse in it would be IRON MAJOR @10s...but im not backing in it.

No offence GMROCKS but you need to read the thread title again.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sliderman

Robbie, please don't upset GM as his knowledge and tips are very useful:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I got a tip for a greyhound tonight :D I don't know anything about greyhound racing but the man i got this from is very high up in the irish greyhound scene.Mt leinster hill in the 8:32 in shelbourne.

• Advertisement

hey guys. i only put one decent size bet on each week and i have 50 ew on shark hanlons runner in chepstow 2moro. 4.40 super collider. ive taken 7/1 with boyles so fingers crossed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement