Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭and2

bishops lane 2.25 down
    tip from Ted Walsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    Sky gate (USA) went off a 10/1 won, helped by the fav blowing the start.

Check out Commandingpresence (USA) in the 8.20 wolverhampton.

Came home second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ibanez777vbk

Sky gate (USA) went off a 10/1 won, helped by the fav blowing the start.

Check out Commandingpresence (USA) in the 8.20 wolverhampton.
    unlucky mike only beat a neck.went off a good price aswell 17/2,one to watch next time out for deffo.

2 for tommorow.punchestown 2-10 (ascot) im a decider 3-15 (ascot)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Nightowl84

Heading to Thurles on Sun

Any tips would be most welcome (sick of relying on Pat Keanes naps in the examiner)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Nightowl84 wrote: »
    Heading to Thurles on Sun

Any tips would be most welcome (sick of relying on Pat Keanes naps in the examiner)
    Solwhit in the Grade 2 hurdle. looks a super bet impressive form decent jumper and has speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Nightowl84

aya14 wrote: »
    Solwhit in the Grade 2 hurdle. looks a super bet impressive form decent jumper and has speed.

Thanks Aya, will check out the form and have a gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭avillan

buddy of mine gave me a tip last week for solwith ,was he to run in cheltenham ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Lone Wolf - Great Leighs - 4.20

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

avillan wrote: »
    buddy of mine gave me a tip last week for solwith ,was he to run in cheltenham ?
    Had 3 entries ones in cheltenham,punchestown and thurles. they went for this race as its the softest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ElCrapula

Its not often Noel Chance brings runners to the all weather and his Mister New York caught my eye when down to run at Wolverhampton on Friday.Over 7 furlongs he ran on to be a credible sixth going off at 100/30.Hes turned out quickly again and upped to a mile at Great Leighs today,a distance he has won over in the past.Chance has a decent record on the AW when he runs and the very able Jim Crowley rides.Didnt shine when last seen at this track,something I'm willing to overlook and is a player today with each way odds of 7/1(Powers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Not big into betting but was just wondering how far did that tip on No.18 Quatorro go on 1st today at Navan.. Bookies in Ballybofey cleaned over it. rest of country know about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Bah! Backed a winner yesterday at 16/1. Knew I'd be busy yesterday so only had time to watch one race and this was the one I picked. He won and thought I was 200 up. Checked account and had only put ten cent each way on instead of ten euro.

USA debuts Lingfield

1.30 Lady Micklegate 8/1
    1.30 Premier Angel 11/1 finished second went off at 8/1

not a bad day for the u.s.a bred horses.musical script won 5/2 cavalry guard won 16/1 mutamared won 13/8 premier angel 2nd 8/1.1 or 2 out the frame aswell but you would still be well up on the day.

I've backed the two USA breds in the Kempton last, 1 euro e/w :p

I've backed the two USA breds in the Kempton last, 1 euro e/w :p
    ah well 5/2 winner:D

I like this system! Got him at 6/1 on PP.

aye its not bad,wont make you a millionaire but does throw up some big priced winners.the only problem with this is sometimes theres 2-3 usa bred horses in the same race,what i do is back the one with best all weather form on that track,what i find best is horses with poor turf form that have there first run on all weather,ive seen this system through up some titanic priced winners.good luck all and a merry xmas and new year.rob

Ibanez,My record of giving winners on this thread is nothing short of shocking,so am loathe to say anything negative,but...................... can I just point out something about this "system".
    Its not a system.
    These American bloodlines are bred to run on the aw surfaces,whether it be fibresand or polytrack.Its the surface most akin to the dirt tracks that are so prevalent stateside.In a manner of speaking,they are genetically predisposed to run well on it.You will not get as many American bred horses running on the turf for the same reasons and certainly not in late summer when the ground is getting more rain and its got more give in it.
    If you keep your eye on the flat come the end of the season,September/October time,youll start seeing that the horses running and moreover winning are by sires or are out of mares that are more suited to getting their toe in to the softer ground.Kyllachy's progeny for example run far better on good to soft than they do on firm.Being aware of this is not a system,its just a fact.
    Many of the horses that win during the winter would not be players during the turf season because of surface issues.Its no great surprise to see American bred horses win on the all weather regulary.It would be kind of like saying that betting on a F1 car that has wet tyres during a downpour is a system.Its not,its just got a better chance because of its ability to handle the ground.
    Youve called alot of decent punts on this thread.Keep it up.

• Advertisement

ElCrapula wrote: »
    Ibanez,My record of giving winners on this thread is nothing short of shocking,so am loathe to say anything negative,but...................... can I just point out something about this "system".
    Its not a system.
    These American bloodlines are bred to run on the aw surfaces,whether it be fibresand or polytrack.Its the surface most akin to the dirt tracks that are so prevalent stateside.In a manner of speaking,they are genetically predisposed to run well on it.You will not get as many American bred horses running on the turf for the same reasons and certainly not in late summer when the ground is getting more rain and its got more give in it.
    If you keep your eye on the flat come the end of the season,September/October time,youll start seeing that the horses running and moreover winning are by sires or are out of mares that are more suited to getting their toe in to the softer ground.Kyllachy's progeny for example run far better on good to soft than they do on firm.Being aware of this is not a system,its just a fact.
    Many of the horses that win during the winter would not be players during the turf season because of surface issues.Its no great surprise to see American bred horses win on the all weather regulary.It would be kind of like saying that betting on a F1 car that has wet tyres during a downpour is a system.Its not,its just got a better chance because of its ability to handle the ground.
    Youve called alot of decent punts on this thread.Keep it up.
    i know what you are saying and yes i agree.and your correct it isnt a system.this is the result of months of observation of the all weather tracks.for years and years i picked my horses out of the newspaper NEVER AGAIN, MUGS GAME BETTING BLIND.im not saying im fantastic at tipping horses but i do know my stuff.ive no idea how other folk pick there horses but heres the way i do it.ok say cheltenham is on today the going is heavy (my fav for having a bet) now ill scan each race at a time,every runner is scrutonised, remember this can take up a lot of your time but its worth it and it narrows the feild down dramaticly,ok first off ill go right through a horses profile from first run to its last,looking for wins and places on soft or heavy (ok everyone does this its common sense) but more important than that is ITS RATING,heres a example redfox won off 100 on heavy going 5 starts ago, its last 4 starts ran on good to soft or good and been unplaced running off marks of 108-115,now then his mark has dropped between 95-100 and is next run is on heavy, thats what im looking for.if you eat your greens and do your homework you should be aware of all this,i use the sportinglife racecards to select my horses its totaly top notch check it out if you havent all ready.merry xmas folks :p

fancy this today HONOUR HIGH. loves it round fontwell 4 wins and places to its name all at fontwell,all on good/soft or soft.trading between 6/1 8/1 looks sure to be in the mix.

Have him in a place accu, seems to be a bit of a word for him.

fancy this today HONOUR HIGH. loves it round fontwell 4 wins and places to its name all at fontwell,all on good/soft or soft.trading between 6/1 8/1 looks sure to be in the mix.
    aaahhhhh that little shilling scores again.thought we were on a winner 2 out,was money about for honour high aswell was availible 8s this morning.

Great call

it looks very hard to oppose kauto star but i think ive found some value and give kauto a good race.OUR VIC has a outstanding first time out record.december 2002 1st.december 2003 2nd.december 2004 fell at the last when 2 lengths clear.november 2005 1st.feb 2006 1st.jan 2007 2nd.the going is good for the king george,kauto star is a better horse with a bit cut as all 17 of his wins and places have been on good/soft or soft/heavy,hes only raced on good going once and won by 8 lengths,but he is a better horse on good/soft soft/heavy.the same can be said about our vic but does have better form than kauto star on good going,proving this last time they met at aintree last season,where our vic won in a photo,going that day good,good/soft in places.kauto will take some beating but 8/1 is a cracking price about our vic,ew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

just to let ye all know lad and lassies have a tip for a horse today at 3 25 in doncaster BIG FELLA THANKS comes from a good source sorry for postin so late just got it there he is about 9 to 2 best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

sorry for postin the thread so late hope so one backed it

sorry for postin the thread so late hope so one backed it
    i had it on a lucky fifteen but nothing to go with it.good call though biscuits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mitsubishi

I am backing Simple rythm today 2.30 woverhampton 12,s E/W Small stakes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement