Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do for FUN?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Dyflin wrote: »
    Ever since I bought a boat a few years ago, I suddenly have lots of good friends! The fun is seeing their faces turn green once we leave the shelter of the harbour :D

+1

I never get bored on my boat. Spend most weekends on the lake. Granted most weekends involve a few bevvies but i've done it a few times sober. So basicly BOATING is what I do for fun that doesnt (always) involve alcohol

When I want to pass time I work on the boat/car.. but that's not really fun and isint exactly sociable. I also have hobbies, I swim, walk some places etc but I don't consider that actual fun... I can have 8 people on the boat so is always good craic

-Edit-
    Actually now that I think about it, I shoot some weekends. That's brill craic and is pretty sociable ie. "Watch your fcuking head or it'll be blown off mate" :D
    I do be ridin the horses the odd time too - Fun times when the chick you're riding with has an arse of an angel and is in front ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Archeron

I like to get really large women, like Ricky Lake show big, to lie naked on huge plates of glass which are suspended from the ceiling.
    I then stand underneath and paint the view above. Its like a big fleshy Sistine chapel, and it beats those boring landscape pictures by a long shot. Its a very soothing and calming exercise too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Read, sing (not too much any more, though), think, go to see a gig/play, have nice long in-depth chats with interesting people, art galleries, drawing, writing, go for a quiet drink with friends, generally relax (the doing nothing kind), internet, music, coffee shops...

God, I sound incredibly dull for someone of my age... oh well!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I spend a lot of my day training and thinking about training in a similar way to Mairt. I spend a lot of time talking to people online and looking at message boards (too much tbh). I like making dinner. I like going on the piss. I like going to gigs, friend's bands and proper bands (no offence guys!). I like listening to music while on the internet of course. From time to time I get an idea for a project into my head. Like replacing the coaxial cable with newer, better stuff or putting a new network cable into a room, put lino down in the kitchen. General DIY stuff I do with my Dad for the craic really. I like reading books and watching films, from the classics to the latest action flic/airport novel. I play rugby every other weekend these days too.

What I don't do which I'd like to make more time for over the next year is either some kind of water sport like sailing or surfing or try and practice skiing/snowboarding at one of those pretend places for practice for next winter (hopefully). Pool, snoooker, Go-karting, and paintball are all deadly craic too but only done the last 2 once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

www.boards.ie ftw!

when im not working i tinker with my computer stuff. gadget mad i am.

also enjoy bowling. not that clonic irrigation type of bowling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement