Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do for FUN?

Options
  • 04-01-2008 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭

So what do you people do for fun that doesn't involve going down to the pub, getting pished and trying to dance and forgetting it all the next morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I do YORE MA for fun! (just to get it out of the way)

Train in MMA, although thats only fun when you're not getting injured or your ass kicked, go to the gym, enjoy chilling at home infront of the TV / XBOX after training.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Archeron

Bouncy castles. I may be in my thirties, but those things still rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Drink and ****

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Explore Burren/Connemara

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Play Singstar with my girls and howl the night away! Go away for weekends, shop, play my ds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Archeron wrote: »

Bouncy bouncy ooh such a good time
    Bouncy bouncy shoes all in a line
    Bouncy bouncy everybody somersault
    Somersault summertime
    Everybody sing along
    Bouncy bouncy white socks slipping down
    Bouncy bouncy stilettos’ are a no no
    Bouncy bouncy ooh
    Bouncy bouncy ooh
    every time I bounce I feel I touch the skyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Archeron wrote: »

Agreed! Altho I'm in my 20's! Still great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ok bouncy castles aren't really an every day occurance. So if a friend was feeling down and you wanted to cheer them up by having some fun with them, what would you do?

I wouldn't really class tv and video games as "fun" either?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

get together with the lads and crack out the wii and a havea few drinks.

and if that doesnt work then i get together with my band and jam and hav a few drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

i'm a drummer...*cough*see my sig*cough*

teach scuba diving too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

IMO thats the problem with this country, Theres nothing to do really except to go to the pub. If ur goin all the time it doesn't seem tike a nite out at all. I've been trying to think of different things to do but havent had much success.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I go cycling(not competitively) when the weather permits. Some very nice countryside out my way.

cormie wrote: »
    Ok bouncy castles aren't really an every day occurance. So if a friend was feeling down and you wanted to cheer them up by having some fun with them, what would you do?

I wouldn't really class tv and video games as "fun" either?

You're entitled to your opinion :)

Cheering up a friend I'd bring round a bottle of wine to her place and have a chat.

You could bring your friend dancing, maybe to a comedian, try the laughter lounge maybe!

Make them a gift. My friend made me a gift a few weeks ago to cheer me up, it helped!

Or go-karting (I'm assuming you're male)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ehhh hmmmm well I like the fun I can have with the missus. Ehhh I live about 5 mins from Cineworld so have the card for that, cycling is always good, oooh and cooking and baking. Yeah I know that last one is sad.

phi3 wrote: »
    IMO thats the problem with this country, Theres nothing to do really except to go to the pub. If ur goin all the time it doesn't seem tike a nite out at all. I've been trying to think of different things to do but havent had much success.

ah dude(or dudette:p)

There's tons of stuff to do here. what wud ye like to do that u can't find?

Ok, drumming and cycling although fun (I cycle myself) aren't exactly things you do with friends.

I agree, there's not a lot to do in this country for fun. Like hang out at the mall :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Einstein wrote: »
    ah dude(or dudette:p)

There's tons of stuff to do here. what wud ye like to do that u can't find?

Well somewhere to go i suppose. I mean theres pubs n the cinema, after that i'm at a bit of a loss.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ever since I bought a boat a few years ago, I suddenly have lots of good friends! The fun is seeing their faces turn green once we leave the shelter of the harbour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Quasar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Im doing maths for fun right now
    how much better can it get than transposing equations?

• Advertisement

cormie wrote: »
    Ok, drumming and cycling although fun (I cycle myself) aren't exactly things you do with friends.

I agree, there's not a lot to do in this country for fun. Like hang out at the mall :p

my best mate is in my band...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

Paintballing.
    Pool/snooker.
    Bowling.
    Track days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Bouncy bouncy shoes all in a line
    Bouncy bouncy everybody somersault
    Somersault summertime
    Everybody sing along
    Bouncy bouncy white socks slipping down
    Bouncy bouncy stilettos’ are a no no
    Bouncy bouncy ooh
    Bouncy bouncy ooh
    every time I bounce I feel I touch the skyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

An 11 line rhyme and not one mention of monkeys, I smell an unauthorised account access...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's really more of a crimp than a rhyme...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I like to work on things, mechanical stuff, never electronics, no interest beyond wiring my airsoft stuff.

Working on and improving stuff I find very enjoyable.

Time spent down in cork etc, restaurants with the GF, taking her out even just to abrakebabra and paying for it, dossing at work on boards, time spent with friends outside the pub is usually more fun for me.

Computer games a but if theres one worth playing out, zelda etc.

Oh I used to buy and sell, on the... buyandsell..., That was strangely satisfying.

Getting a bargain is always great craic with the haggle etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Me and the lads grab a camera, go shoot some hilarious scenes for a movie - usually an American Pie type effort - grab cans, edit it, watch whatever we've thrown together, then hit a pub/party/club...

That's a regular enough occurance!

Back in my wild days of going out to pubs and clubs, the most enjoyable part of the night for me was always the journey home. Whether this was my friend doing his regular get naked trick, or popping into a 24 hour shopping centre at 3am and my friend robbing a jumper "just for the laugh".

I thin things used to be much more fun before the age of pubs and clubs, I mean every night was that walk home, just hanging out with friends and getting up to whatever. Much better than a ****ty nightclub where you can't even hear eachother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Archeron

Dyflin wrote: »
    Ever since I bought a boat a few years ago, I suddenly have lots of good friends! The fun is seeing their faces turn green once we leave the shelter of the harbour :D

Green with envy or green with sea sickness?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

lift heavy stuff, play 360 or go to the pics and watch a crap action flick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Poker: The solution to all your problems

Advertisement