Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackadder

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

II, III, IV, I. My preference in that order. One of the best comedies of all time. I still think Ben Elton is a bit of a tit, but he and Curtis struck gold with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

I find it bizarre that Ben Elton and Richard Curtis wrote this considering they've gone on to write some of the most awful cringeworthy stuff in subsequent years. Still, Blackadder is an absolulte classic. Series 2 and 3 are my favourites. Very difficult to decide between them. I avoid series 4 a bit just because I find the final episode so sad. The rest of that series is fabulous though. Nothing much wrong with series 1 either. It's just so different from the rest of them that I can never quite get into it.

Fave bit. Series 3. (I don't remember this word for word so forgive me.)
    Blackadder: I shall be back before you can say "anti-disestablishmentarianism".
    George: Well I wouldn't be too sure about that. Antidiscntn... Antisnictinin...
    [2 days later]
    George: Anti-distinctly-minty...

Has me cracking up every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Bought the box set a few years back and watched series II, III and IV loads, but the series I DVD has never seen use. On account of me catching an episode ten years ago on rte2 and being really really disapointed in it.

Wasn't it due for the chop after series I? Just as well they kept going with it. It's brilliant, top of the tree with Fawlty Towers.

Advertisement