Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patrick's Day 2008

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

g'em wrote: »
    What's happened to the Fireworks display - do they still run it?

Yes it was cancelled last year due to high winds or something making it too dangerous. I rememeber them saying they were going to use the fireworks for something else though. Cant remember what.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

truthfully I don't care what happens here for Paddy's day as I am off to New York for Paddy's day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

jsb wrote: »
    truthfully I don't care what happens here for Paddy's day as I am off to New York for Paddy's day:D

Yeah I don't care either. I hate town on Paddys Day and usually try and avoid it at all costs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

I heard the cult(church) is celebrating it on the 15th. So like all good people we will attend mass then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

this is for religious purposes only - nothing to do with the civil celebration of St. Patricks day. So, the bank holiday, parades etc will all be on the 17th, but if ye want to get St. Patrick's mass, you have to go on the 15th.

It's all bollocks, if the truth be told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

davyjose wrote: »
    Proof that religion is a sham. They expect us to rigidly stick to our beliefs, then change a holy day due to 'scheduling'! "Sorry Saint Patrick, we're fully booked up on the Monday - we've already got a holy day there. Let me check my diary ... hows Saturday for you?"

Couldn't have been said better

New Years Eve, St Stephens Night and Paddys Day are when I try and avoid town at any cost. I'd rather stay at home than be shoved by some drunken lunatic, do the obstacle course of people to get to the bar, and have to walk through the puke and piss that covers the pavements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

New Years Eve, St Stephens Night and Paddys Day are when I try and avoid town at any cost. I'd rather stay at home than be shoved by some drunken lunatic, do the obstacle course of people to get to the bar, and have to walk through the puke and piss that covers the pavements.

Think thats a bit of a stupid comment to be honest. I was in town on both New Years Eve, and Paddys Day this year/and previous and found none of the above to be true. It depends on where you go, there are places in town that aren't as you describe.

Advertisement