Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Kenny is a tw@t

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

ejmaztec wrote: »
    What are the pre-requisites for a nobody to get a non-celebrity job at RTE? Do you have to impersonate Data from Star-Trek without the intelligence and humour? They must have a defective android shed that they draw on from time to time.

Nope. You just have to have the perfect mix of obnoxiousness, self-importance, ignorance of that which does not affect you, and the drive to back-stab anyone who stands in your way. Also, being a complete @$$hole can help you on the way to victory in this country.

I hate Ireland and what it's come to. Our media icons are nothing more than big, overpaid and underachieving wasters who preach to us like we're gombeens, yet they don't bear a word of truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,993 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

IamBeowulf wrote: »
    Nope. You just have to have the perfect mix of obnoxiousness, self-importance, ignorance of that which does not affect you, and the drive to back-stab anyone who stands in your way. Also, being a complete @$$hole can help you on the way to victory in this country.

I hate Ireland and what it's come to. Our media icons are nothing more than big, overpaid and underachieving wasters who preach to us like we're gombeens, yet they don't bear a word of truth.

I think that sums it up nicely, except you haven't mentioned that they think of themselves as gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I saw the interview that night alright and thought it was painful, just like most Pat Kenny interviews.

My problem with him is that he seems to have a set list of questions, lets say 10 for each guest. The guest comes on and all he can focus on is getting his ten questions across. Where as most good interviewers try to relax the guest and get them to talk themselves/lead the interview.

He cuts people off way too much by cramming too many guests onto the show. Where as other shows would get a big star in and have them present for the night, Kenny gets a number of guests in and gives them each ten minutes.

The really sad part about all this, is that Ive watched the late late for a number of consecutive weeks now.....that is a line I never thought Id say!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I saw the interview that night alright and thought it was painful, just like most Pat Kenny interviews.

My problem with him is that he seems to have a set list of questions, lets say 10 for each guest. The guest comes on and all he can focus on is getting his ten questions across. Where as most good interviewers try to relax the guest and get them to talk themselves/lead the interview.

He cuts people off way too much by cramming too many guests onto the show. Where as other shows would get a big star in and have them present for the night, Kenny gets a number of guests in and gives them each ten minutes.

The really sad part about all this, is that Ive watched the late late for a number of consecutive weeks now.....that is a line I never thought Id say!

That's it exactly. It's like he doesn't even listen to what his guests say, he justs waits for them to stop talking to ask another planned question.

He has no people skills. Working in radio only increased his ability to detach from humanity. He's more machine now, than man *strokes Jedi beard ruefully*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Weeks later and people are still talking about the Seinfield incident. And on Wikipedia too, where millions of people will read about it! Maybe RTE will finally get a clue!

And while we're on the subject of Pat, did anyone see his interview with Richard Atanborough? Boooo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

while i think Pat is an absolutely woeful interviewer, i actually think that Jerry Seinfeld is an even worse interviewee. I've seen a few interviews with him now and he always seems to make it his personal agenda to try and make the interview as difficult as possible for all and sundry involved, he's just weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'm sure you meant "Pat Kenny is a tw@"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

while i think Pat is an absolutely woeful interviewer, i actually think that Jerry Seinfeld is an even worse interviewee. I've seen a few interviews with him now and he always seems to make it his personal agenda to try and make the interview as difficult as possible for all and sundry involved, he's just weird.

I agree with this. Even on Jonathan Ross I thought he came across as an awkward arrogant bugger. However someone accepting the amount that Kenny gobshite is getting paid should be able to handle that sort of guest with ease. Simple truth is that he's pretty crap at his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    That's it exactly. It's like he doesn't even listen to what his guests say, he justs waits for them to stop talking to ask another planned question.

Exactly! And dont even get me started on the toy show!

• Advertisement

Pigman II wrote: »
    I'm sure you meant "Pat Kenny is a tw@"

Was gonna, but PC-illiterates wouldn't get it:) It'd all be "Wha'?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Absolutely shocking stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

IamBeowulf wrote: »
    Seinfeld later stated that he found the entire incident "highly perplexing."

I wouldn't have thought an unfunny and awkward to watch few minutes on TV would be a new experience for Seinfeld.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

FFS the toy show was on a month ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

ejmaztec wrote: »
    What are the pre-requisites for a nobody to get a non-celebrity job at RTE? Do you have to impersonate Data from Star-Trek without the intelligence and humour? They must have a defective android shed that they draw on from time to time.

Those life forms do do do do, those tiny little life forms.

That no talent arse hole Seinfeld can feck off. He unfunny and a bigger plant and Kenny. (Thats very hard to do)

Advertisement