Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Kenny is a tw@t

Options
  • 31-12-2007 4:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

Read this:

On November 30, 2007, while promoting Bee Movie, Seinfeld appeared on The Late Late Toy Show in Ireland. However, when Seinfeld came out on stage presenter Pat Kenny seemingly had no clue who Jerry Seinfeld was and engaged in an awkward interview for about five minutes. Kenny would go on to call Seinfeld "Jerry Seinfield" twice before the interview was over and then handed Jerry a cheaply made Superman action figure as a Christmas gift. At first, Seinfeld believed this to be a joke, due to the cheapness of the doll, but soon realized that it was meant to be a genuine gift and seemed somewhat confused. Kenny then asked Seinfeld "what's next for him?", a question generally asked to up and coming actors, not world renowned stars, such as Seinfeld. Seinfeld later stated that he found the entire incident "highly perplexing."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Seinfeld

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Tee hee hee! Fantastic!

It is one of the great unsolved mysteries: what exactly it was that prompted the bigwigs in RTE to decide "let's give that really serious current affairs journalist a light entertainment show - yep, that would be a great idea."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

... am I missing something?

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    ... am I missing something?
    It's on Jerry Seinfeld's Wikipedia page, not Pat Kenny's. And apparently Pat was so awkward and so out of his depth that Seinfeld later commented on how "perplexing" the whole episode was. Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

But Jerry is a huge Superman fan... so he got something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i'd've pretended i didnt know who he was to save the hassle of mentioning the sham that was bee movie.

• Advertisement

Oh it was a pretty bad film alright... The best bit in the film was when I fell asleep and dreamt I had the face of an ostrich.

That's pretty cool. Was it a generic angry ostrich face or a more pleasant one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Didn't bother watching Bee Movie myself... I'm just watching Seinfeld all over again. :D

Dudess wrote: »

I'd like to think it was rather calm. I was picking up gold coins with my beak and feeding them to a baby otter.

The otter's name was Talmaswitch.

Were the coins made of actual gold?

• Advertisement

I believe they were... They had Isambard Kingdom Brunel emblazoned on them. I recognised his big hat.

Talmaswitch really seemed to be enjoying them... the little scamp...

Lol! This is insane! I'm going to sleep. Good night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

damn was hoping I could find that on youtube or something.

FFS though, what is wrong with Irish TV?

Does anyone...anyone here actually LIKE Pat Kenny??????

Is Irish TV ruled by auld grannies or what??

Lol! This is insane! I'm going to sleep. Good night!

Yep... me too... I've off to dream of geese of who live in filling cabinets and invent tremendous new flavours of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I'd like to think it was rather calm. I was picking up gold coins with my beak and feeding them to a baby otter.

The otter's name was Talmaswitch.
    I believe they were... They had Isambard Kingdom Brunel emblazoned on them. I recognised his big hat.

Talmaswitch really seemed to be enjoying them... the little scamp...

Is TCN closed for maintenance or something tonight ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tee hee hee! Fantastic!

It is one of the great unsolved mysteries: what exactly it was that prompted the bigwigs in RTE to decide "let's give that really serious current affairs journalist a light entertainment show - yep, that would be a great idea."

I've often wondered at that little gem also.

What a wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

He got everything wrong on the toy show. Couldn't use any of the toys. "This worked in rehersal".

Way to sell a product by showing it doesn't work.

Tubridy is worse though. His carry on during the Teleton was ridiculous. Forgetting people's names, forgetting the number people had to dial. "oh, I left it on my desk, but it's above my head there!"

Worst thing about it is the wage that fool pat kenny is on. 2 million a year I hear and they try and make us feel ashamed of not paying it with their sneaky ad campaign. I say everyone should stand up and say no more. I'll never pay a tv licence out of respect for myself. I told a friend of mine from Canada about the tv license situation and he laughed in my face and thought i was pulling his leg, he never heard of such a joke as a license for a tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Worst thing about it is the wage that fool pat kenny is on. 2 million a year I hear and they try and make us feel ashamed of not paying it with their sneaky ad campaign.

Who told you that? :rolleyes:

It's around €900,000 and in fact Wikipaedia confirms this
    Kenny was the highest-paid presenter on RTÉ in 2004 [6]. His earnings of €899,000 a year were almost twice the earnings of his nearest rival Gerry Ryan. In the previous year of 2003 Kenny was paid €635,000 by RTÉ.

Sure it's high but it's less than 50% of the figure you just pulled from nowhere.
    And the reason it's higher than other RTE staff is he does TV and radio.
    I don't much about his performance on the Late Late show but he is damn good at politics and current affairs on his radio show.
    Possibly he should stick to that

Edit: Wikipaedia gives his 2004 salary but I'm certain it's still almost the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

micmclo wrote: »
    Who told you that? :rolleyes:

It's around €900,000 and in fact Wikipaedia confirms this

Sure it's high but it's less than 50% of the figure you just pulled from nowhere.
    And the reason it's higher than other RTE staff is he does TV and radio.
    I don't much about his performance on the Late Late show but he is damn good at politics and current affairs on his radio show.
    Possibly he should stick to that

Edit: Wikipaedia gives his 2004 salary but I'm certain it's still almost the same

I wouldn't qoute Wikipedia as fact. FACT :)

Now admit it, your chairman of the Pat Kenny apprication society?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I saw the Seinfeld interview and it was cringe worthy to say the least.

I see this turning into another tv licence thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Mairt wrote: »
    Now admit it, your chairman of the Pat Kenny apprication society?.

It's true:o

In fact, this gives me a new idea for a forum.
    Hell, if Chuck Norris can get a forum than Ireland's greatest presenter deserves one too!
    Must put in a request for a new forum later today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭jawlie

What is it about some guys that they love to hate Pat Kenny, yet they still watch him on TV. I don't like his style of interviewing and don;t watch his tv show, and don;t understand why some feel compelled to watch it while proclaiming how awful he is. A mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

TV Licence thread? Never!

/ Shamelessly points at sig /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

vid of incident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

Got it on rte website. My god, it was cringeworthy. Pat was so awkward and rushed it. The head on Seinfeld when he saw the superman toy lol

Is TCN closed for maintenance or something tonight ??

And her modship seems to have finally come through.... She should really know better than to be encouraging me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

IamBeowulf wrote: »
    Read this:

On November 30, 2007, while promoting Bee Movie, Seinfeld appeared on The Late Late Toy Show in Ireland. However, when Seinfeld came out on stage presenter Pat Kenny seemingly had no clue who Jerry Seinfeld was and engaged in an awkward interview for about five minutes. Kenny would go on to call Seinfeld "Jerry Seinfield" twice before the interview was over and then handed Jerry a cheaply made Superman action figure as a Christmas gift. At first, Seinfeld believed this to be a joke, due to the cheapness of the doll, but soon realized that it was meant to be a genuine gift and seemed somewhat confused. Kenny then asked Seinfeld "what's next for him?", a question generally asked to up and coming actors, not world renowned stars, such as Seinfeld. Seinfeld later stated that he found the entire incident "highly perplexing."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Seinfeld

While Pat should have done his research from what Ive heard Jerry Seinfeld is a twat anyway. He didnt even invite his co stars to his wedding iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

It's an animated movie though, he could have made the movie without even meeting his costars :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,993 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

What are the pre-requisites for a nobody to get a non-celebrity job at RTE? Do you have to impersonate Data from Star-Trek without the intelligence and humour? They must have a defective android shed that they draw on from time to time.

Advertisement