Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babys with piercings

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I saw a baby boy with a gigantic gold hoop in one ear. It was... weird.

But yeah, not a fan, why wouldn't you wait until they're old enough to decide for themselves whether they want their ears pierced or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

Knackerism of the highest order!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Its wrong and shouldn't be done on a child who has no say, I got mine done at 11 and that was after years of begging my parents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

might also be worth mentioning that in some cultures an ear piercing is thought to help sick children to get better, particularly in some asian cultures.
    Also id imagine the people who mentioned it being painful must not have ever had a piercing done or wnet to a butcher to do it. I used to have one ear pierced and it didnt hurt at all, no more than someone flicking your ear really, just gets that warm feeling afterwards.,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Moonbaby wrote: »
    How did I miss that connection of course it is EXACTLY like starving, beating, molesting and destroying a babys sense of self esteem all rolled up into one!:rolleyes:

actually, did you know that most professional piercers have age limits and will often demand to see ID before they pierce someone potentially under 18? that's because they can actually be charged with assault of a minor otherwise.

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    I used to have one ear pierced and it didnt hurt at all, no more than someone flicking your ear really, just gets that warm feeling afterwards.,
    Not sore at all really, but there is a risk of infection, and those buggers hurt, couple that with a baby who can't tell you whats wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They should go the whole hog and have a dinner-plate wedged inside their bottom lips, in a similar style to some of the indigenous tribes of South America. Now, there would be a fashion statement

And become best mates with Sting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Its tacky as hell to do it. Where I used to work had a jewellery department, and all of the women who came in to buy "baby earrings" were either travellers or just chavs in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

saw a 1-year old lookin baba eatin a big orange pepper in one of those baby pounches on oconnel street... that is so much more bizarre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

All piercings and modifications should be SSC, Safe, Sane and Consentual, in the case of babies I doubt they are consentual. Also the safety factor comes into play as no reputable parlour will pierce kids so they end up getting them done with a gun in somewhere that isn't the cleanest. Imagine if your 6 month old got celluitis from a dodgy piercing. ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

In town today and saw a baby, couldnt have been more than 6-8 months old with her ears pierced:eek: and her brother of about 2 had his ear pierced too. what do you think?

I think the world would be a great place if everyone minded their own business

Is the ear piercing hurting anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

well, lets just say we have many more important issues to worry about than piercing a childs ear.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭peachesxcream

My mum got my ears pierced when I was 2 and it's not like I resent her for it, because I know when I went to get them peirced a second time, I was bricking it! I see what that woman some posts back meant by the baby forgetting it...howe many things do you remember as a baby??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I think the world would be a great place if everyone minded their own business

Is the ear piercing hurting anyone?
    I'd say it hurt the child...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

God I think it's a terrible thing to do to a baby! I know they'll forget it immediately but it's still so painful - what's the point/rush?

And yeh, I think it looks fuppin' rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

LovelyTom wrote: »
    saw a 1-year old lookin baba eatin a big orange pepper in one of those baby pounches on oconnel street... that is so much more bizarre
    Six times as much vitamin C as an orange.
    No harm there.

Advertisement