Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth Whitening?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Hi - just in relation to ordering them from Ebay I had them within a week and received an email the same day I bought them saying that they had posted them... Haven't tried them out yet though so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Is there anywhere else to get them apart from ebay where you don't need a credit card. All I have is a laser card at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Thanks for posting all those links. Just ordered a box of 84 strips on ebay. €33 including postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

jcsmum wrote: »
    Thanks for posting all those links. Just ordered a box of 84 strips on ebay. €33 including postage.

They will probably make bits of your teeth if you use one box straight after another

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

colly10 wrote: »
    They will probably make bits of your teeth if you use one box straight after another

Says on the website that you can use them back to back ie one set for half an hour and then another set for a half hour straight after and I did that and I was in agony for the night :( have been afraid to put them on again since.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Thanks for the word of warning . I had planned on sharing with the hubby :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭andyred

Yea, I used one after the other too for a couple of weeks and my teeth were in agony. I have whiter teeth now so guess it was worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

What about the eBay kits like:

12 SHADES 35% LASER TEETH TOOTH WHITENING WHITER WHITE

35% Carbamide Peroxide with Blue Laser Accelorator??

Has anybody tried these?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

What are the downsides of using these white strips? Surely they can't be good for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Smiles Dental Spa opened in Galway in the last few months and they regularly advertise 2 for 1 specials on whitening (generally for inappropriate occasions.Their recent Valentines Day "say it with half price teeth whitening" promotion springs to mind).I think they have "dentals spas" all over the country. Might be worth keeping an eye on their deals if you want to get it done professionally and could drag along a friend to shoulder E300 of the burden! Their site is www.smiles.ie .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I went to Smiles in Galway for the Take Home Kit. They take impressions of your teeth and make you a little seethrough teeth-shaped shield that fits over your teeth perfectly. You put some gel on the fronts of the mould and slip it onto your teeth for an hour a day for 12 days.

I'm on day 2 now and people are already noticing a change.

Some of my teeth are sensitive from it at the moment though. I'm going to skip tonight and go back onto it again tomorrow. It's not agony, but I want to be careful all the same.

I'm using Sensodyne Enamel Strengthening Toothpaste at the moment to counteract it a bit.

The advantage of this way is that after 12 days you're done and you only have to top up rarely after that (about once every 18months for 2 nights or so).

It cost me €300 but I had a voucher for €100 I got for Christmas, so I paid €200

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Das Kitty wrote: »

Some of my teeth are sensitive from it at the moment though. I'm going to skip tonight and go back onto it again tomorrow. It's not agony, but I want to be careful all the same.

I'm using Sensodyne Enamel Strengthening Toothpaste at the moment to counteract it a bit.

I had a friend who had it done and her dentist told her to put Sensodyne in the shield and wear it for 10 mins after she'd finished the whitening and washed the shield clean of bleach.She found it completely fixed the sensitive teeth problem.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thanks! I have been doing that in the mornings but I reckon I'll start directly afterwards from now on.

Advertisement