Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new years eve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

2008 is much more fluid looking that 2007. I predict good things for the world with this number.

ME HOLE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I will sitting alone in my bedroom masturbating and quietly weeping.

More realistically though I will be down the local with my sister and my dad having a few beers and a bit of craic. Was gonna go to Belfast as Ocean Colour Scene are doing a free gig but not sure if I can be arsed tbh. New Year's Eves are crap often because they simply remind me of the goals I set myself 365 days earlier and how far short of these I fell.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 marcomolo

ANyone know what exactly is happening here?
    I heard The Kings of Leon or the Top selling 8 Irish bands of the year will be playing in temple bar or something?

Can anyone confirm..don't want to make the trip from wexford for nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I get more miserly every year, and after working new years for the last few years I'm not sure i can justify the expense.
    House parties are one thing, but the clubs are overpriced and overcrowded and it's nigh on impossible to get a taxi home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 abbie

i have 2 stay in tomorrow night. all my friends are doing things with their other friends so im alone. as if new years eve wasnt miserable enough im now gonna be alone.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dunno what the plans are, if i can shake off random puking and this sore throat i'll venture somewhere.

i like the look of that phantasm party in the village, pitty it's sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

workin! 7pm - 7am. lucky me.....

last year spent the night fishing in thailand.... much better than this year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

justshane wrote: »
    The one and only club in Roscommon burnt to the ground today.....:mad: Plans out the wondow:):)

Turns out it has a very robust construction-was there last night, craic was 90

Anyway, going to a houseparty tomorrow night-wish I was out tonight =(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Afraid i'll be doing sweet FA again, as usual :(

Ain't been out on a NYE yet, not likely i'll be out this one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Still mourning Joe Dolan you inconsiderate baxtards! How can anyone think of fun at a time like this?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Cremo wrote: »
    dunno what the plans are, if i can shake off random puking and this sore throat i'll venture somewhere.

i like the look of that phantasm party in the village, pitty it's sold out.

I know how you feel, I have a pretty bad sore throat which I can't shake off either, so drinking is a troublesome.
    New years is overrated anyway :P
    Bahhh humbug:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

A gang of about 20 of us are going to a party in a hotel tonight. It should be good.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Sitting in I reckon I'm flying away @ 7 in the morning and have to drive to airport so reckon I'll just be dying in the am if I stay up drinking;

Anyone see the Sydney fireworks there? Quite impressive I thought but it does stink of a great waste of money at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

conky_05 wrote: »
    heading into mcgruders on thomas street

there shall be a big oul session there !
    Deadbots are playing there, right? I was thinking of heading there, but then I thought town would be too packed and decided to have a party in my house. I planned for about 30 people, but loads of people are away or otherwise engaged, so it's looking like it'll be a group of 10-15 of us having a session in mine with far too much alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Nothin. Got a cold so I'm not feeling up to doing anything but I don't usually do new years anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

tis just another day, ice skating with the little brother and daughter this afternoon and a party with them tonight.. the other half and everyone else is out ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Well don't think that you'll be welcome in carrick on shannon.....we started constructing the moate this morning. :P

apparently rockfords is still open

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm on call - whoooppeee :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

despise nye so im doing diddly squat

ill have a few cans, play some guitar and watch a dvd, then get up for the footie tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tk123 wrote: »
    I'm on call - whoooppeee
    in case that nasty Y2k8 bug is true yeh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

What time do pubs close tonight? Is it still 11.30, kicked out the door at 12? Seems like a joke if it is.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Nothing. I'll probably be in bed reading a book before I realise its the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Chinese take away, nachos, ice cream and board games with mammy and my boyfriend! The rest of the family have abandoned us for skiing and parties and I'm sick so I can't go out! :(

Wouldn't like it anyway, everywhere will be packed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Davstrom

First new years that i'm single and I get a kidney infection:mad:.
    Roll on 2008 so I can get this bloody year over with.

meal in ranelagh with my man followed by drinks in ranelagh or rathmines

i refuse to go barcode and even worse spend 25 euro into barcode
    my mates are pissed with me but i don't care:p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

meal in ranelagh with my man followed by drinks in ranelagh or rathmines

i refuse to go barcode and even worse spend 25 euro into barcode
    my mates are pissed with me but i don't care:p

Exactly. Why should you care? It's New Year's. It happens every year. No biggie! Better off going out another night when places aren't charging over the odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

I want to go to barcode....may not get in tho! This fake id seems pretty dodge to a lot of bouncers! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    I want to go to barcode....may not get in tho! This fake id seems pretty dodge to a lot of bouncers! :rolleyes:
    I'm on the door there tonight.
    Just tell me who you are when you arrive and I'll let you in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Terry wrote: »
    I'm on the door there tonight.
    Just tell me who you are when you arrive and I'll let you in.

ha ha! Yea rite!!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    ha ha! Yea rite!!!! :rolleyes:
    Fair enough.

I'll have you know that I am on the door.
    I'm huge.

Advertisement