Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new years eve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

whats a new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Hopefully I will be in the delivery ward of the local hospital with my wife :D , course I hope he/she isn't born until after midnight (the 1st).

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

house party. used to hate new years, but have gone to a friends house for the last 2 years, and had a great time each year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, house parties are great for new year's. Wish someone was having one actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

I think it's the most overrated night of the year. Just can't understand the fuss. Hopefully, I'll be at home, watching whatever crap happens to be on television and listening to **** letting off fireworks outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Last year myself and my friends had a house party that eventually spanned the length of Galway city and then hijacked a podcast radio chat my friends flatmate was doing. Listening to the mp3 still makes me giggle at the ridiculous behaviour of it :D

This year, no major plans, might not go out at all, not bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I wont be doing anything....
    But New Years day... I will go out that night. Apparently, you might get seats and a chance of actually getting a drink at the bar opposed to other nights in question...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm working practically every day from now until next Saturday including New Years Eve and Day. And I'm still recovering from all the ****ty hours I got xmas week so I can't see myself having the energy to do anything come Monday night. I'm not too bothered anyway tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,205 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm going down the local...to work! Meh, tis nothing special, but when friends/gf all live dowm the country, I'll wanna be anywhere but work, despite not liking New Years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm off to an 18th/gaff party.....should be good its giving all the girls a chance to dress up!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Im going to see the Frames for new years whoooooooo i thin this will be the fifth time i have seen them on new years eve

hard luck man, everyone has their bad nights i guess ;)

seriously though, i think parties are the best way to go for new years. pubs are crappy and overpriced at new years. The worst is those who head out new years and act like total idiots in the pub. ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Going to local pub, then home to be with kids for the new year - WOW now I see it in print I realise how boring I am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

The one and only club in Roscommon burnt to the ground today.....:mad: Plans out the wondow:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

That wasn't the castle or something was it??

Edit: Just looked up RTE news..was the royal hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    That wasn't the castle or something was it??

Edit: Just looked up RTE news..was the royal hotel.

Wow.. You're a fast mover:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

May be doing security in cork. I could do with the money :( - but then again could be in for some abuse that night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Ruu wrote: »
    Try to take over the world, etc.

Not if I get there first :p

Seriously though I'll either be at a house party in a friends house or at home in my parents house....I've never been a huge fan of going out on new years as it's always been a very messy night so I prefer to have a few quiet drinks at home or at a friends house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

rmacm wrote: »
    Not if I get there first :p

Seriously though I'll either be at a house party in a friends house or at home in my parents house....I've never been a huge fan of going out on new years as it's always been a very messy night so I prefer to have a few quiet drinks at home or at a friends house.

+1
    Ugh the thoughts of having to queue for a taxi in this weather at 3am - no thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Party in a big house with a free bar.... oh and I can roll home as it's only about 200m uphill from my house... sweet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

^^ you can roll uphill?? job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Well if the house he going to is 200m uphill from his, then I guess he is 200m downhill from that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

emo!! wrote: »
    ^^ you can roll uphill?? job!

Try reading that again :D
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    Well if the house he going to is 200m uphill from his, then I guess he is 200m downhill from that :)

^^ What he said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

oh right i get it now!! i saw uphill and roll and put two and two together and got 7!

Rewatch Schindler's List and gently weep.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

Not sure, heading into one of the pubs in town, or a house party if it's on.

Going to Letterkenny tonight, woo!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Times Square in NYC with boyf. We get there that day and midnight will be Irish 5am so I'll be so tired!
    Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭hairyfish

Greetings : )

Will be going to an overpriced set menu at a chinese restaurant and staying there till late - New Years is over rated :-\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

See and people argue that boards isn't full of losers..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

What do y'all think.. for those in Dublin

• Advertisement

justshane wrote: »
    The one and only club in Roscommon burnt to the ground today.....:mad: Plans out the wondow:):)

Well don't think that you'll be welcome in carrick on shannon.....we started constructing the moate this morning. :P

Advertisement