Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Memorable Moment

Options
  • 27-12-2007 11:29am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, i'm in work, totally bored, and i was wondering what was your most memorable Warcraft moment. What event, or series of events, stands out in your mind as the most memorable, be it in a good or bad way. Anything from an enjoyable dungeon run, to your first mount, to the opening of the Dark Portal.

A few that stand out for me are...
    1. When i first got my Paladin mount at level 40. Running through Elwynn Forest was so much cooler that day. (i'm easily amused)
    2. The 4 hour long running battle we had in the good old days of STV. Logging on to find the horde had overrun Nessingways, only to retake it and drive them back to Grom Gal. Our (pitiful) attempt to take the town, and the subsequent retreat to Booty Bay. Great times.
    3. Since i never actually quested there, i loved the pvp in Southshore. You were guaranteed a good fight, pretty much anytime. Now the only pvp there is getting ganked by the random lvl70's that stay there.
    4. The warlock epic mount quest with 2 of my friends. One of the coolest and most tense quests i've done. Enslaving those lvl60+ demons, and using them to (barely) survive the encounter. Super fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

recruiting 1k + members into a guild on the test realms and having 500 or more online at one time. All using premade chars we went to Kalimdor as Alliance.
    The guild menu never showed more than 500 members and would only show the first 500 into the guild. Anyone recruited after that would not be shown in the guild roster. Weird bug.
    Made the guilds name Horde Population Control.

About 12 hours later the PTR was down and the forums were destroyed with complaints and premades were removed thereafter and have only been recently reinstated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

in the good old days fighting raggy in molten core, about 1 min from raid end time we wipe again on the boss. So i bubble and HS, say goodnight. Followed up by the guild leader saying "MALEK!! wtf are u doing, if we wipe everyones dies u bastard followed up by a /guildkick malek!
    HAHAHA! dead funny! especially caus he wasnt jokin

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

heh, I'm at work too but luckily getting out of here at 1. ;)

eh, haven't played that extensively, have a main char at 66 atm. The bombing quest in Hellfire Peninsula was a bit of craic. The instances usually have some good elements in them at some point or another. I find teaming up with people the most enjoyable element, even if it's just for a regular quest.

Making enough money for my lvl 60 mount was good, had a sense of purpose and progression was decent. That AH is addictive as fook, a game in itself. I have an alt there I post things back to, it's a good move if anyone doesn't do it. an alt with 4-5 netherweave bags and the bank for storage, with a slot or 2 bought for extra bags also.

one of my buddies selling a purple item on the AH and sending me some cash, totally unexpected but very welcome at the time.

currently getting enjoyment out of levelling my leatherworking, it's slow going towards the top and each item takes a bit of doing, so everytime I get one together to make is good.

yes indeed, that's a few of the many ways this crazy game keeps you coming back for more. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

best moment so far was soloing stockades with my lock and winning feet of the lynx 5 times in 1 hour. At 75g starting bid and 150g buy out i made a shed load. I wouldnt mind but the item is fairly **** anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

Anti wrote: »
    best moment so far was soloing stockades with my lock and winning feet of the lynx 5 times in 1 hour. At 75g starting bid and 150g buy out i made a shed load. I wouldnt mind but the item is fairly **** anyway.

See some people hate twinks! i love em caus they make us rich! hehe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Selling a single Aquamarine for 85G :D

Honest mistake - I just put the 85 in the wrong box but someone bought it. It was Nov 2006 so I was an L60 raider at the time so the money was welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Downing Chromaggus on our first night attempting him. After getting him to 80%, then 75%, then 70%, then wiping cos i aggroed him while trying to res the MT, followed by more wipes. Ended up spending 35g in repairs (a lot for a clothie in vanilla WoW) among two repair bots before we finally got him on our last attempt. Incredibly fun fight

2-manning Murmur in normal Shadowlab. Rogue, mage and lock got themselves killed at 90% and myself and the tank eventually killed him. Fight lasted about 15 mins and I used too many mana pots. Once fight was over, tank decided to ninja hearthstone, and I was the idiot leader who forgot to turn on ML. I couldn't help but laugh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

Hmm, i think most memorable was lying beside my guild leader in old strat. We were waiting for the other 7 members to show up so we took a snooze beside the post box just inside back entrance to strat. Only really memorable because a week later the EU servers launched and i moved over. Last time i did anything with that guild.

On top of that are of course first kills, Nef, Rag, the Queen bug in aq40 (god i hated that fight) and spider boss in naxx. Can't recall name but was always interesting fight. O and constant wipes on first boss in bwl even though we had the rest on farm. Was really weird, think it was due to the bad latency the guild had as a whole.

The one event i remember most vividly however is my first ever lvl 60 ding. I was in BRD on way to Bael. We pulled an extra pat and i had just run oom and everyoens hp was dropping and i ding 60 and manage to keep everyone alive thanks to getting full hp and mana bars. Good times.

I miss being a noob, always went around with so much wonder.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

- Being one of only 3 people left standing when we made our High King Maulgar first kill. My crit LoH on the MT saved the day.
    - Logging in last night to a mailbox full of gold from selling 2 blues and being able to buy my priest's epic mount
    - Hearing in AV that horde had pulled Vanndar, we still had 3 warmasters up - my inner protadin says to herself "Drek, 3 warmasters, 2 dogs - no problem!". Wings, Captain America, ironshield potion and a lot of walking backwards - "Alliance Wins" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Gotta be getting a flying mount for the first time for me. Zooming around Shatrah thinking I was the coolest :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Gotta be getting a flying mount for the first time for me. Zooming around Shatrah thinking I was the coolest :p

so true but then u get put down by those feckers wit flyin epics :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Getting an epic mount is way more fun than getting a normal flying mount. Though if you want to talk "put-down", I got my quested epic land mount at level 62 on my Belf Paladin which I rerolled on the launch of Burning Crusade. On the same day, a friend from work got her epic flying mount and was giving me a hand to do some quests in Zangarmarsh, while leap-frogging me the whole time. And I was so proud of my shiny golden horse :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Getting seriously owned by Somnus (or whatever the dragon in the swamp of sorrows is called...)
    For ages after that, the main reason I kept playing was to get to a level where I'd be able to get revenge on the bastard all by myself:p
    Almost tempted to pick it back up now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

- Getting both my Priest and Rogue to level 70 :D

- Getting my epic flying mount for my Rogue, its funny as i have my priest at level 70 nearly a year now and he cant seem to save due to raiding ;p

- Defending Gold mine in AB the other week with my GM (Huntard) and my priest (disc spec at the time) We managed to last and wtfpwn about 7 horde at once, they just couldn't take me down and my hunter friend does imba dmg. Was just a great feeling lasting against that many and seeing 7 horde corpses after the dust settled and two Nelfs sitting down to drink for the next wave :D

- Getting the killing blow on Hydross after the MT died, it was just a dps race to get him down and there was only like 3 people standing and i finished him off with a mighty smite. Healbot specc ftw ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

first Lucifron kill was my most enjoyable experience by miles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Most memorable moment for me is downing Nefarian for the first time. Was just so incredibly satisfying. Another one that I thought was leet was getting my epic flying mount on my druid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

nix wrote: »
    - Defending Gold mine in AB the other week with my GM (Huntard) and my priest (disc spec at the time) We managed to last and wtfpwn about 7 horde at once, they just couldn't take me down and my hunter friend does imba dmg. Was just a great feeling lasting against that many and seeing 7 horde corpses after the dust settled and two Nelfs sitting down to drink for the next wave :D

kicking his ass in a duel. :D

kicking said gm's ass at 60 in hellfire. Him in full pvp epics and me in azeroth blues... man he got so angry.

oh and getting over 10% more dps than any other raid member on the first lurker kill, nerf locks.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Faylum

1. Guild vs Guild, 40 vs 40 outside BWL main entrance. I only ganked here with my guild towards the end, but use to watch my bro getting rocked by the big guilds!

2. Outland's big monster, server crashing world war. Was awesome fighting hundreds of alliance in the Barrens while hundreds more were running by us and fighting going on all over the place, despite the world server down crashes. This was an event never seen before by our server.

3. Bladefist to Outland free migration. Need i say more?!

4. My old guild The Holy Half Deads, guild wedding, fun raid into the Ironforge Trams. 200 or more people of all levels getting slaughtered and creating chaos on the streets of Ironforge.

5. And lastly. The day i Deleted my stupid Gnome Warlock and created a Undead Mage. No regrets whatso ever!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Definitely some of the bigger fights at South Shore, Tarren Mill, Blackrock Mountain, STV, and the Crossroads (Arthas, US PVP).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭boss^is^dead

it'd have to be,working for Blizzard for the last year and realizing what a grinch the company has become. this ultimately leading me to sharding my 70 priest and never looking back.Should be starting up with warhammer soon so no worries. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

mine is defintely waltzing out of Tarren Mills towards Alterac & anhilating 3 alliance lvl 55 douchebags who were camping a lower level guild member (lvl 38) with my lvl 49 twink mage ...... priceless watching them just drop dead .... see kids, camping corpses can get you your a$$ handed to you ....... esp if you get pwned by a twink who loves PVP ;)

oh yeah .... FOR THE HORDE

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

it'd have to be,working for Blizzard for the last year and realizing what a grinch the company has become. this ultimately leading me to sharding my 70 priest and never looking back.Should be starting up with warhammer soon so no worries. ;)
    Technically you werent working for Blizzard, but yes, the point still stands ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Without a doubt killing Kael Thalas. Best boss event in the game no doubt. Illidan and archi dont compare.

- Hearing in AV that horde had pulled Vanndar, we still had 3 warmasters up - my inner protadin says to herself "Drek, 3 warmasters, 2 dogs - no problem!". Wings, Captain America, ironshield potion and a lot of walking backwards - "Alliance Wins" :D

Gratz on getting no honor for winning av:P

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

AoE tanking Heroic SH for the 'Trials of the Naaru' quest chain - was a big deal for me as many of my guildies didn't believe it could be done in T4/equivalent gears :)

Tbh the 25 man content never excites me as much as 5 man done well, despite being the guilds RL and getting some impressive SSC/TK progress recently.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Evac101 wrote: »
    AoE tanking Heroic SH for the 'Trials of the Naaru' quest chain - was a big deal for me as many of my guildies didn't believe it could be done in T4/equivalent gears :)

Best way to do it tbh <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Funky wrote: »
    first Lucifron kill was my most enjoyable experience by miles

do i remember it right? was like 4 or 5am a la warsong, oh how we wasted plenty of our youth with that tool avatar bern, the politics were funny to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

ahah barry you lurker, i had the screenshot of it on my boards webspace but i can't get at it any more :(

we wasted alot of time with him alright but it was soo much fun ! he's still around apparently, playing some warrior

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I guess he can wear every bit of gear now so it makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

I've quit the last couple of weeks, I'm going to wait till warhammer comes out cause i've exhausted the game now on my mage and loladin.

Most memorable moment would have to be my first rag kill.

roll on warhammer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

poh.jpg
    that was fun ^^

mageweave.jpg
    that was even more fun >_>

Advertisement