Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lounge Beers 18th January!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Stop acting like a child and people might consider putting the toys back in your pram.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if I'm stuck in a pram, acting like a child is probably the least of my worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Touché! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Honestly don't see the point of excluding the guys, Or at least the guys that actually post in here!

Still, because it's the first beers some people may be more comfortable with girls only.

I doubt I'd be able to make it, I've a week off on the 24th so I can't see them given me that weekend off too! But I will ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I would respectfully like to ask to join the girls on this event as I am fairly new to Ireland and would like some friends to have sensible conversation with. Now don't get me wrong I enjoy guys company, but as I am not into sport at all, in fact I hate football!, then I find that making converstaion with guys is difficult.

I also don't know enough about Ireland's political situation to have a discussion about that. I would say I am what is called a 'mertosexual' (metrosexual (met.roh.SEK.shoo.ul) n. An urban male with a strong aesthetic sense.
    —metrosexuality n.) I have also been told I am in touch with my feminine side.

So if you think I would be welcome, please would you let me know? Thankyou.

Oh and all the best for 2008, may your heart be full of love and you home full of laughter.

DJ Spider
    AKA Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Howzabout if any men show up they're forced to buy rounds and compliment us all night?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Howzabout if any men show up they're forced to buy rounds and compliment us all night?

Alright fine then I wont go:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    I would respectfully like to ask to join the girls on this event as I am fairly new to Ireland and would like some friends to have sensible conversation with. Now don't get me wrong I enjoy guys company, but as I am not into sport at all, in fact I hate football!, then I find that making converstaion with guys is difficult.

I don't like football either, nor any sports for that matter. I was going to suggest you come along to the next BGRH Beers, until I saw this....
    I would say I am what is called a 'mertosexual' (metrosexual (met.roh.SEK.shoo.ul) n. An urban male with a strong aesthetic sense.
    —metrosexuality n.) I have also been told I am in touch with my feminine side.

.... so there goes that idea. :)

Ah no, in all seriousness, keep an eye on the BGRH forum, we seem to be having regular beers of late, in keeping with the spirit of the forum.

Just remember to bring a can of condensed milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

If the Beer Gut beers was a men only thing, I would respect that and not make a big deal about it. But it wasn't stated as men only, so I went along. However, if the Ladies event is a free for all, I would almost put money on there being more guys at it than girls.
    I'm nearly thinking of suggesting we have two events, one for everyone and one for Ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The poor male gender... when will the years of subjugation end?

Makes sense to have it as a ladies only event... Most boards events are usually at least 90% male. If it was opened up it would just be like any other beers.

If you want a cross gender beers then post something up in events. I'm sure you'll get many attending from here.

• Advertisement

WindSock wrote: »
    If the Beer Gut beers was a men only thing, I would respect that and not make a big deal about it. But it wasn't stated as men only, so I went along.

The wimmins are always welcome at the BGRH beers, even if they bring their Kiwi boyfriends.
    WindSock wrote: »
    However, if the Ladies event is a free for all, I would almost put money on there being more guys at it than girls.

That's actually a good point.

So what if a 'camp' but not gay guy goes? Which one does he go to? The one just for the ladies, or the butch guys one where he would feel out of place? I would prefer to go to one with ladies, not to hit on them, I just find female company more relaxed. I had more female than male friends when I lived in the UK, so would like to expand my network here. Most guys I have met are only into football, (UK teams I notice???!) and GAA or politics. As I know very little about any of them, I would prefer to talk about shopping! Yes I am a shopaholic!

Oh and I like cooking, and can wash, iron, clean, and make beds! probably due to me being in the Army for 12yrs.

Which one does he go to? The one just for the ladies, or the butch guys one where he would feel out of place?

I am ROFLing quite loudly at the idea of the BGRH men being butch and manly. Despite the image we like to portray, it's not a kind of beer-swilling, back-slapping, testosterone-laden forum. We are very down to earth kinda guys, who talk about anything. If you have a look around the forum you will see there is quite a mixture of men, wimmins and in-betweeenies (I kid you not).

Ask Winsock, she'll tell you what we are really like. :)

I'm pretty sure the topics of football and politics didn't come up at all at the Beergut beers last friday.

Lots of talking about fudge and monkeys that I'm pleased to say I helped initiate...

^Yore Ma! When I first saw your nick, I thought it was a referance to fudge packer! LOL I know different now, and have met you so I know the truth!

I brought fingers of fudge for everyone to enjoy.

And windsock brought the monkey... I was supposed to bring one of my monkeys along so they could have a playdate... but I didn't make it home after work that even to collect him.

I brought fingers of fudge for everyone to enjoy.

And vibrating cockrings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Oh and I like cooking, and can wash, iron, clean, and make beds!

I think you would feel more at home at a beer gut beers than a ladies one so :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

So what if a 'camp' but not gay guy goes? Which one does he go to? The one just for the ladies, or the butch guys one where he would feel out of place? I would prefer to go to one with ladies, not to hit on them, I just find female company more relaxed. I had more female than male friends when I lived in the UK, so would like to expand my network here. Most guys I have met are only into football, (UK teams I notice???!) and GAA or politics. As I know very little about any of them, I would prefer to talk about shopping! Yes I am a shopaholic!

Oh and I like cooking, and can wash, iron, clean, and make beds! probably due to me being in the Army for 12yrs.

get yourself over to the BGRH forum, topics are not restricted to GAA and politics. The lads are great craic and manage to keep the chest beating macho outbursts to a minimum.

tom dunne wrote: »
    And vibrating cockrings.

oh yes... how could I forget...? I think most people left after I got them out...

Now... where did I put those photos...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,008 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I cant believe some guys are complaing about this been girls only.

I mean come on its the female section of the boards and its there first ever meet up *as far as i know*.

I say its nerve wrecking at most meeting people from the Internet unless you know them 1st, it would be far more relaxing atmosphere if it was just the girls meeting up and not worrying about what guys are going to show up.

As for those suggesting just turning up at the location they are going to meet thats just bordering on creepyness unless you go to the place often.

I say go for it girls and i say a change of location and only let be known to girls invited though pm's

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

TBH, if you wanted a private, girls only beers, you should have either requested that the Lounge was private or you organised the beers in HOLL. Can't really complain about blokes wanting to turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

maple wrote: »
    get yourself over to the BGRH forum, topics are not restricted to GAA and politics. The lads are great craic and manage to keep the chest beating macho outbursts to a minimum.

I'm open to correction to this one but to the best of my knowledge there has never been a thread on either type of football in the BG&RH! As for the beers thing meh! If you want a girly only one go ahead and enjoy! Maybe those guys who are upset should organise their own "Ladies lounge men only beers" where they can meet up and discuss manbags and why magenta is a real colour;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

tom dunne wrote: »
    I am ROFLing quite loudly at the idea of the BGRH men being butch and manly. Despite the image we like to portray, it's not a kind of beer-swilling, back-slapping, testosterone-laden forum. We are very down to earth kinda guys, who talk about anything. If you have a look around the forum you will see there is quite a mixture of men, wimmins and in-betweeenies (I kid you not).

Ask Winsock, she'll tell you what we are really like. :)

+1

i have been to the last two BG+RH beers and never once was there a mention of football and anything overtly manly tbh

you should come to the next one, it just a group of cool people sitting around getting sloshed and laughing alot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

irishbird wrote: »
    +1

i have been to the last two BG+RH beers and never once was there a mention of football and anything overtly manly tbh

you should come to the next one, it just a group of cool people sitting around getting sloshed and laughing alot :)

Yayy! I always wanted to be one of the cool people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Well it's the Ladies lounge and it's our first meet up....so if it goes well and we have other ones then whoever wants to come can come but a lot of us haven't met eachother on here and just let it all be girls for the first one? I know I and I think a few more would prefer it that way? Not being a biatch about it lads, just for the first one I think it'd be better to just have all girls.

SW81 wrote: »
    Not being a biatch about it lads, just for the first one I think it'd be better to just have all girls.

If that's what the ladies want, then that's what it should be.

I think we are due a BGRH beers soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

So where are the drinks going to be ? ? ? ?

cazzy wrote: »
    So where are the drinks going to be ? ? ? ?

Oh.. it's bound to be in a secret location now.

Where ever it is... I bet it will be frilly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Let us know where so we know where to go !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement