Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oiling up the Tape Players out in Montrose.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

padd b1975 wrote: »
    John Murray still trying to wedge himself into a round hole by interviewing Christy Moore about Ewan McColl did nothing to cheer anyone up...

Two manic depressives talking about how Euan McColl's father killed himself after he was let go from his job. That cheered me up no end this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Have to say I nearly 'shot the stones' when I heard McCoille on this mornings truncated MI.

"For the rest of the week MI wild start at 0800 for obvious reasons"

What forking obvious reasons pal ?

Does the news stop between Dec 26 and Jan 06? Does nothing of import happen?

It wouldn't be that RTE are too forking lazy to even try during that period, Cathal, would it.

Too lazy to even T R Y.

Never heard the like of it, talk about disrespecting the license payer big time .

These lads are riding us bareback and shafting us goodo.

And there are people who will try to defend that attitude.

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Fair play to Sean Moncrieff-he presented a full show yesterday. RTE presenters were constantly thanking contributors for being in on Christmas week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

If RTE deem that there should be live show on between 9am and 11am, then why should Keelin Shanley have to come in as replacement ? The regular presenters should be in doing their jobs.

Morning Ireland was a bit of a joke this morning. It felt like token broadcasting. It started at 8. Then at 8:30 Cian McCormack had a review of the year with Marty Morrissey etc.

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »
    Morning Ireland was a bit of a joke this morning. It felt like token broadcasting. It started at 8. Then at 8:30 Cian McCormack had a review of the year with Marty Morrissey etc.

It is token broadcasting in the worst possible way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What is not a repeat for this week?

Almost 30 minute report from Della(D4) Kilroy in a truncated Drivetime on climate change in Malawi.!!!

Complete joke.

Heroine of the dog days so far is

Keelin Shaaaaaanleeeeey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

The reviews of the year started in the week before Christmas, leaving us with - as others have pointed out - SFA for the week between Xmas & New Year. I crossed the country twice in the past 8 days and on no occasion did I grace RTE Radio 1. Sean Moncrieff can be a little too self-satisfied in his right-on sneering at texters who don't 100pc agree with his mindset but at least he showed up - without giving himself a big pat on the back.

• Advertisement

Have to say the arrogance of RTE is amazing.

All during the holiday period they have been advertising the benefits of the Licence fee and colouring it with excerpts from Tubridy, Darcy,O'Rourke et al and all these dudes sitting back on their Lazy Boy recliners while the C listers play records and repeats are rampant for 10 days.

Total disrespect for the license payer in my opinion,total disrespect.

I hope it's ok to ' bump' this one ....

Came across it this morning

So will be interesting to see how the tape recorders and the double doses of Collins work out over the school holidays.

Collins will get big exposure, god help us

Plenty of documentaries, and such.

Wonder who will be the backup #2

Conor Brophy might get a bit of exposure, Murray will be in there.

Interesting time for speculation as the A listers lie back for the full stretch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Paddy Porter

Could be a good time to suss out the jib of those fill ins and see if any serious contenders emerge.

Surely D'Arcy must be under some pressure ?

Interesting to see if Murray fills in again on Drivetime....they still seem to be figuring out how best to use him.

Probably hear more from the super culchies Lally and Lenihan as well as an antidote to the "noirmal" D4 drawls.....

Could be a good time to suss out the jib of those fill ins and see if any serious contenders emerge.

Surely D'Arcy must be under some pressure ?

Interesting to see if Murray fills in again on Drivetime....they still seem to be figuring out how best to use him.

Probably hear more from the super culchies Lally and Lenihan as well as an antidote to the "noirmal" D4 drawls.....

Good observations there Paddy.

A lad I would watch out for is Conor Brophy, seems to me making the step to the next level.

Only thing holding him back in my opinion is the Dalkey /DL auld accent which grates on me big time, y'know the pronouncing 'o' as 'U' as in 'cumpanie'.

If the lad could shift that or even tone it down a bit , he'd be quite acceptable.

Only lad who is omni-present seems to be Sean Rocks, like Odlum's flour ,never varies.

Interesting, not the content I hasten to add, the jockeying for position.

Only dead certain is Collins for the two hour stint in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The good news is that Joe Duffy won't present Liveline next week.

The bad news is that he will however be on air to present the annual year in review show.

The really bad news is that Funny Friday won't be on the obituary list in said show.

The good news is that Joe Duffy won't present Liveline next week.

The bad news is that he will however be on air to present the annual year in review show.

The really bad news is that Funny Friday won't be on the obituary list in said show.

You will probably find that the year in review will be pre-recorded so that Duffy can have a chew of the turkey drumsticks without any tiresome work commitments.

He, or his producer should have the stones to cut "Funny Friday" with it's coterie of clapped out has beens and Z listers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,445 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know this is about the content over Christmas in the radio equivalent of the big country house but I see that red fm here in cork are promoting the fact that non of their djs will be on on Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know this is about the content over Christmas in the radio equivalent of the big country house but I see that red fm here in cork are promoting the fact that non of their djs will be on on Christmas Day.

How depressing for the employees. I wonder are they really going to be there or is there just going to be a lot of fake live shows.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    How depressing for the employees. I wonder are they really going to be there or is there just going to be a lot of fake live shows.

"Going to be where"? You have lost me on this one James !

Why "Depressing for the employees" ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭DopeTech

"Going to be where"? You have lost me on this one James !

Why "Depressing for the employees" ??

Sorry I misread that post entirely, thought it said no djs would be off on Xmas day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

They could have done with a C90 this afternoon to take the place of Niall O'Carroll. In 30 seconds he told us that Wham's hits included Jitterbug and Wake Me Up and that they were formed in 1983 and 1984 :rolleyes:

How the mighty have fallen

I see poor Derek Mooney shoehorned into some obscure time slot with a recording of something or other today, I think.

Big comedown it would seem for him.

No sign of Jackson yet, from what I can hear.

However I ignore RTE radio this time of year, thank the Lord for Tune in, and digital

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

How the mighty have fallen

I see poor Derek Mooney shoehorned into some obscure time slot with a recording of something or other today, I think.

Big comedown it would seem for him.

No sign of Jackson yet, from what I can hear.

However I ignore RTE radio this time of year, thank the Lord for Tune in, and digital

I'd love to know who's cornflakes Derek took a slash in.

Prime radio show and regular television gigs to what you outlined above is some fall from grace.

Truth is despite all the pushing of personal hobby-horses, he's a very capable broadcaster and is generally likeable.

Possible sleeper bet for the Anton Savage/D'Arcy slot on Today FM unless his airtime improves drastically.

Uuuuuuhmmm........ It's mid term break next week.

Interesting to see who the A- listers who are working teachers hours are.

Hmmmmmm.........

Will be keeping a beady eye on the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

There is Baz in for Ray Darcy - but sure aren't they entitled to their annual leave?

robo wrote: »
    There is Baz in for Ray Darcy - but sure aren't they entitled to their annual leave?

Damien O Reilly in for the Dufficer.

Hmm teachers hours, not teachers pay.

Will be keeping a close eye on this as mid term breaks are staggered.

OMG ! OMG!!

Rocks is not doing arena, and who is in?

Kay Sheehy the one who got the junket to Japan for the World Cup last time it was there.

I'll have to go for a lie-down.

Conor Brophy was the Business news presenter on Morning Ireland yesterday and today he is the co-presenter of Morning Ireland. When co-presenting, I notice the Business content of the main programme tends to be higher. I think Brophy is good at business but not really suited to the main programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Aren't the contracted staff salaries for 2015 meant to be released this week? Maybe that's why Joe is gone into hiding this week

• Advertisement

Conor Brophy was the Business news presenter on Morning Ireland yesterday and today he is the co-presenter of Morning Ireland. When co-presenting, I notice the Business content of the main programme tends to be higher. I think Brophy is good at business but not really suited to the main programme.

He has done a bit of MI well before this, also news at one, in my opinion being groomed for better things.

Only thing which bugs me a bit about him is that accent.

Tends to pronounce 'companies' as 'cuumpanies' and so on.

Couldn't take that on a long show, OK for bulletins but that's only my opinion.

Advertisement