Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that seem great when drunk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

I find the running drunk thing is more a case of gained momentum.

Usually if I'm doing a trip home, I will walk a bit faster, stumble and try to compensate my stumble with an extra step, and then another, until I'm running full sprint with a fear of what will happen. You know the fear, when you run down a hill and you don't quite know how to stop.

Yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cream cracker racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Learning to ride a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

bluewolf wrote: »
    What, do you feel better about it by trying to justify it like that?
    And no, we haven't all done them.
    Is it lonely up there on your high horse?

kearnsr wrote: »
    I saw Terry running down Lexlip main street with his top off tonight*

* may not happen till tomorrow
    Definitely wasn't me. I was in bed at 11.30. Sober.
    Actually. Never mind that. There's not a hope of me running in the first place.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Pissing in ppls gardens
    Knick Knacks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

It has to be texting.

It's always a stupid thing to do ..... but never seems like that at the time.

There should be a brethalyser fitted as standard to all mobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Cerbera wrote: »
    It has to be texting.

It's always a stupid thing to do ..... but never seems like that at the time.

There should be a brethalyser fitted as standard to all mobiles.
    Internet has to be worse.

Instant and total access to almost everyone you know in every possible medium while pissed is not a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

mp3guy wrote: »
    Walking completely unrealistic distances home.

+1 FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

christmas night out last night, told my boss when drunk that i was drinking all day yesterday in work, bad idea i know he is going to hold it against me from now on:(

other bad ideas drinking shots of half mickey finns and sambuca all night knowing i had to get up today and go into work, which will be really busy BAAAAAAAAHHH HUMBUG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Your phone should ask you "Are you drunk?" when trying to send a text message, and if you say you are - it says "Piss off to bed and try again tomorrow".

I've texted all the wrong people about the wrong things while under the influence! This should also be applicable to MSN, IRC and whatever other medium you can use to really tell people what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Having sex with your ex girlfriend's younger sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

Naos wrote: »
    I find the running drunk thing is more a case of gained momentum.

Usually if I'm doing a trip home, I will walk a bit faster, stumble and try to compensate my stumble with an extra step, and then another, until I'm running full sprint with a fear of what will happen. You know the fear, when you run down a hill and you don't quite know how to stop.

Yeah...

Haha that one made me laugh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I've done them all at one stage or another. Texting is probably the worst though. I was half seeing a girl a few years ago, woke up after a very late night and checked my messages.
    I had sent her "I am not a nice person, you shouldnt get involved with me". WTF was that about???? And I'm always texting ex's.

Right now I'm in bed and have a huge (really its very very big!) lump on my head/forehead. No idea how I got it. Not a clue. Sore ass as well (as in a bruise, not internal activities). Again, no idea.

Should I give up drinking??? Yes, yes I should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Forky wrote: »
    Right now I'm in bed and have a huge (really its very very big!) lump on my head/forehead. No idea how I got it. Not a clue. Sore ass as well (as in a bruise, not internal activities). Again, no idea.

Yeah, I used to get that too - I'd wake up after a night out with a dead arm/leg, bruised ribs, scratches on the arm, dirty shirt - like I've walked through a field, or bruised fists :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Da Bomber

Buying all my friends ridiculousy expensive drinks and wondering where all my money went the next morning.

Making an ass of myself on the dancefloor.

Whipping out the lad whenever im with some girl who i didnt previously know.

Spending copius amounts of money in the chipper.

Never do the texting thing though thank god, but i do do quite alot of stupid things:)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Texting anyone....about anything....especially if there's a "history" there.
    I absolutey HATE looking in my "sent" folder if I've been out the night before. Nothing ever makes sense :(

Hopping into an opened van/tour bus, without permission, belonging to a band you've just been to see, coz you're waiting for a taxi and it's freezing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I text all my mates and tell them how much they mean to me. Very embarrassing - even though they are my closest friends and they know how much I care about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭irishgeo

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    I absolutey HATE looking in my "sent" folder if I've been out the night before. Nothing ever makes sense :(

turned off my phone from saving my sent messages for just such a reason

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Sometimes merely talking can be a bad idea when drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    Sending web texts is worse.
    You don't remember until that person confronts you. Then it all comes flooding back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Rhyme wrote: »
    Sometimes merely talking can be a bad idea when drunk.

i agree, this is a bitch for me when im drunk, last night being a great example:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Smoking.

Then you smell like tobacco and have a rank taste in your mouth the next morning.

Drinking more always seems like a good idea even when you have to be in work in 4 hours.

One-night stands seem great when you're drunk. Well, no, I seem great when I'm drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

One-night stands seem great when you're drunk. Well, no, I seem great when I'm drunk.

But you are great ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Da Bomber wrote: »
    Whipping out the lad whenever im with some girl who i didnt previously know.
    QUOTE]

Charming! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

Stealing trollies from Shannon Airport and riding them home. Damn the airport police. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Flirting with your hot cousin.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

/\ :eek:Redneck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Myself and a friend found out that the noise that zippers on jackets make is highly amusing, especially if you do it really fast when someone walks past you on the street... In hindsight it was a little stupid:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Texting...cooking half the house...repeating yourself 10000000 times..the usual.

Advertisement