Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that seem great when drunk

Options
  • 21-12-2007 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Apart from fast food, ugly people or sh!tty nightclubs, what else seem like a great idea when drunk but when examined in the cold light of day proves to be, well. sh!ite frankly.

I find any writing (be it creative or songs or whatever) turns out to be mostly terrible but you don't seem to know this at the time.

Also, rash desicions like telling people what you really think of them.

Feel free to add your own experiences to this!

After all - we've all all done retarded things while flutered.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

talking to your boss *openly*...

am i glad for the christmas break :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

On Sunday afternoon's I usually wake up and then check the WTF was I thinking posts here. Then I start pm'ing apologies to ppl i insulted.

The system works, so does posting crapolea while pished.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Archeron

Random world record breaking plate spinning attempts have on two occasions proved bad ideas to me while drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭The Hacker

Gambling
    Cheating
    Smoking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Random nite-links

Posting on boards

Random purchases

Calling into work

sobering up

Worst thing I remember doing was, slipping behind the bar in a dodgy establishment and trying to put a refund on my credit card without getting caught. Yes it was reckless and stupid, but it made sense at the time.

• Advertisement

The Hacker wrote: »
    Gambling
    Cheating
    Smoking
    for a second I thought you meant cheating at gambling

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Smashing beer bottles. Also pming the admins is probably not the best idea in the world but the one time I did it, it worked out well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

"writing" graffiti on concrete walls, using streams of my own pi$$ ... I invariably try for too many letters, or mis-spell something critical. :(

also ... cooking, never a good idea when you're buckled, can cause fires.

finally, thinking you have supernatural powers and attempting to scale walls, buildings, quarries, double-decker buses on your push-bike, it will all end in tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TheRenegade

LMAO!!!

me and my friends had the exact same convo today...

GO KARTING!!!

we were drinking in town today and went go-karting twice absolutely PRICELESS!!! you have to try it! seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭weemcd

"She's gonna get the drunk texting of her life, let her know what i really think of her"

wake up, oh right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

weemcd wrote: »
    "She's gonna get the drunk texting of her life, let her know what i really think of her"

wake up, oh right.

Too true mate. I always do the drunk text thing, to my eternal shame!

juggling eggs ... ftl when scuttered.

sending text messages on your mates phones, to randomers or exes ... lost a pal over that one. Kev, if you read this, I am sorry :(

thinking you are a pleasant, witty, sweet natured induhvidual, suitably refreshed or merely "merry", when in fact you are really a steaming, obnoxious, foul mouthed loud farting drunken sweaty oaf, and people around you are in fact laughing AT you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'm always far too honest.
    I tend to cross the line too much.

wake up, oh right.

Ha, I remember calling some girl a few years ago at a christmas party, my boss grabbed the phone and bo!!ocked her for calling me at my work party. Priceless!!

Oh yes; speaking your mind ... rarely wise when sober, always a bad idea when you are stinking.

Jeebus, this thread is making me so morose, thinking about all the dumb-ass things I have done with drink on me. What's worse is the knowledge, deep down, that the drink is no excuse ... I did those things because I have it in me to do those things.

Think I'll have a nice cup of tea now. :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Den_M wrote:

After all - we've all all done retarded things while flutered.

What, do you feel better about it by trying to justify it like that?
    And no, we haven't all done them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭The Hacker

bluewolf wrote: »

Yes, yes we have. Especially you.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

bluewolf wrote: »

So you've never done anything embarassing or silly while drunk? Then get out of this thread and go to mass or something you lifeless individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Walking completely unrealistic distances home.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Oh god woke up this morning thinkin wtf did I do that for.

Went out last night cause I finished my exams yesterday, got **** faced, made a move on one of my friends who is a girl....she was my neighbour last year. Obviously it wasn't the best idea, although I'm not sure exactly what I did, couldn't even remember when i got home. Anyway I got home and sent her the whole i'm sorry txt...but I sent it to her other no. so she wont get it til she uses that phone again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Terry wrote: »

I saw Terry running down Lexlip main street with his top off tonight*

* may not happen till tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

wake up, oh right.

:D
    Walking completely unrealistic distances home.

That one's funny, I once ran 2 miles home locked and was grand. What's wrong with that, you say? The fact that (at the time) I could barely run 100 yards without getting a stitch normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Terry wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TheRenegade

HavoK wrote: »
    :D

That one's funny, I once ran 2 miles home locked and was grand. What's wrong with that, you say? The fact that (at the time) I could barely run 100 yards without getting a stitch normally.

LMAO!

with enough vodka ive been known to run faster than sonia o sullivan to get away from the shades haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I have to mention fast food. Garlic and cheese chips from a chipper. Ugh... nothing like garlic breath in the morning
    Den_M wrote: »
    So you've never done anything embarassing or silly while drunk? Then get out of this thread and go to mass or something you lifeless individual.

Bluewolf is a Buddhist, I believe. No mass for them!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Going to sleep on the ground or some odd shaped object. The back does be in bits the next day but I still never learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

climbing buildings would be mine. it always happens when at a house party, and years ago when on the knack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

One nightclub I went to had an ATM, I was already steamed and I *think* I had brought €60 in already. Apparently I thought it was a good idea to take out €100 more and piss it up a wall, didn't notice the €100 until a week later when my statement came in. Nightclubs with ATMs are more evil than Hitler and Stalin put together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

HavoK wrote: »
    I once ran 2 miles home locked and was grand. What's wrong with that, you say? The fact that (at the time) I could barely run 100 yards without getting a stitch normally.

This happens to me also. I used to run four miles to get home when pissed. I can barely walk to the bathroom sober.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

I do the walking huge distances home too. Although I can't say that I've done the running part.

Sitting on stairs at house partys.

Advertisement