Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeanne Assam, What a woman!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

There are about nine different things wrong with that story.

The fact that some crazy gunman started shooting up a church
    The fact that he was taken down by somebody in the church with a gun
    The fact that she was part of church security
    The fact that the church obviously needed security
    The fact that some people were killed for no real reason
    The fact that she praised the Lord for giving her the strength to do her job

But the biggest one is the fact that one poor bastard got shot in the groin and survived

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It was one of the victims that was shot in the groin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Dudess wrote: »
    Meh, she was just lucky. Her faith is admirable but it wasn't a good idea to take a risk like that.

Exactly what point of assault rifle, 2 handguns, 1000 rounds of ammo and 100 people part of that was stupid. That much ammo with those arms meant he did not want anybody out of there alive. If any of the people on the 9/11 flights had done the same America would not be slaughtering Arabs right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

humanji wrote: »
    It was one of the victims that was shot in the groin.

Yes your point being?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

She was saying that she was at the end of a 3 day fast, she was probably starting to hallucinate at this stage. Hence the crazy actions she took to take down the gunner..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

she any relation to Jerry Yang?

I was wondering something similar. God's was probably too busy helping our Jerry out to save the two teens and their dad.

Mysterious ways ftw. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

What's the big deal? She was the armed security at the church, she was put there specifically to deal with this kind of thing and she did her job. Fair play an all that.
    It seemed like it was me, the gunman and God
    and of course my 12 gauge shotgun. Happy times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

Am I missing something? I didn't read the article in great detail, but basically she took down a gunman that proved he had no problem killing and most likely would have killed more people but for her. The women probably saved a lot of lives, how can anybody call her an idiot?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Tony Danza wrote: »
    Am I missing something? I didn't read the article in great detail, but basically she took down a gunman that proved he had no problem killing and most likely would have killed more people but for her. The women probably saved a lot of lives, how can anybody call her an idiot?

because of all the god stuff she talked about ldo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

because of all the god stuff she talked about ldo.

Amazing how the amount of lives this woman saved has become an insignificant factor with so many on this thread:(

• Advertisement

CLADA wrote: »
    Amazing how the amount of lives this woman saved

meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

IMO she can thank whoever the F she wants, God, Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, Batman..... bottom line is she had the courage/skill/composure to execute her duty under pressure and deserves all the praise that comes her way. Americans can be nauseating at the best of times, i have a feeling even if she didnt bring God into it the article she would still manage to irritate most of us!!!! Fair play to her.

meh, she was just doing her job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

IMO she can thank whoever the F she wants, God, Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, Batman..... bottom line is she had the courage/skill/composure to execute her duty under pressure and deserves all the praise that comes her way. Americans can be nauseating at the best of times, i have a feeling even if she didnt bring God into it the article she would still manage to irritate most of us!!!! Fair play to her.

She let the guy in to begin with. Just saying that god should have bought her a metal detector.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If god really wanted to help, a well placed bolt of lightning just before he opened fire would have been much more newsworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

kevmy wrote: »
    Yes your point being?

Ah, I missed the "one" in your post. Thought you were saying that the gunman was shot in the groin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Fair dews to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Jesus gave me the power to make this post and through the almighty guidance and grace of our lord and savior I can say... I FOUND JAAASIS BAIIII and he's feckin MIGHTEH! Up ya boy-ya!

Advertisement