Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man-lit

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Eh JSB I think you may want to change the 2nd link in your sig.

You won't find many takers in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Eh JSB I think you may want to change the 2nd link in your sig.

You won't find many takers in here.

you'd be surprised at how many people here would have all the good intentions of getting fit. So what would you prefer to go to a gym or workout at home so that you can have a beer betweens sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I'd stop digging if I were you.

People have been slagged off for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I know but I don't care, weightlifting is great:p (seriously why did they have to make the sticking the tongue out pink).

weightlifting has been the single best thing that I have done that has helped me eat good food. I am nearly always hungry and can easily eat more food now then I have ever done before and get to have eggs, steak, a few chicken breasts. mince in one day (and that would be an easy day), so I would say don't knock it till you have tried it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

The only weight lifting you'll find brothers in BG&RH doing jsb is letting a lady with a few extra pounds go on top during the sex :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

jsb wrote: »
    you'd be surprised at how many people here would have all the good intentions of getting fit.

If it's anything other than zero I will be surprised, amazed, shocked, flabbergasted and most likely dumbfounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I don't see Max Barry mentioned in here. Good read, especially for anyone who is exposed to the politics of the big bad corporate world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Tom Sharpe, very funny esp Riotous Assembly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sarsfieldsrock

Recently read the first of the Travis McGee novels. "The Long Blue Goodbye" by John D Macdonald. A cynical private eye type but very well written.
    Dated in certain aspects but still very enjoyable. I seem to remember reading some of his stuff when I was about 13 or 14.
    Can't get the books on this side of the Atlantic. All still in print in the US though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sarsfieldsrock

Oh and the Angel series by Mike Ripley has always been quite good.
    Harry Harrisons Stainless Steel Rat and Deathworld series were a joy as well. Still are actually.

Tim Dorsey's character Serge Storms is also a brilliant creation. Even if the books do borrow from Carl Hiaasen.

I like a good series. Pity the Spenser and Jesse Stone series are almost done now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Irvine Welsh
    Joe Esterzhas
    Stephen Baxter
    Brett Easton Ellis
    Ian Rankin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Robert Rankin is great man-lit. Look him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

big b wrote: »
    Stephen King & Michael Crichton

I love Michael Crichton, i just finished "Andromeda Strain" this morning actually. Pretty good. Incredibly nerdy though :D Jurassic Park, Congo, and Prey are worth reading too.

Huge Stephen King fan too, ive read heaps of his stuff. Havent read the dark tower series though. i must get onto that.

Bill Bryson is great too. i laugh my head off every time i read one of his.

Ill add Dean Koontz, he's like a poor mans Stephen King, but still very good.

Advertisement