Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VCPoker.ie Poker League for Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I thought the levels were grand. It was a good game and left lots of time for play. 1st and 2nd getting paid would have been better but with only 8 runners, you cant complain too much. I tried to get into the head of my opponent when HU..think i got him to make a couple of mistakes and i managed to take it down...enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

KevIRL wrote: »
    I was joking about the points, I would have registered, but I wasnt. Splitting the points between the 6 that actually were registered is fine by me,

Thanks for your PM

about the only way a deise player will get points :D:D

happy new year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

KevIRL wrote: »
    Unfortunately (and despite the best efforts of the VC poker guys) Im still having problem in getting to the page to enter my details to set up an account. Looks like I'll miss out on tonights tourney. :(

don't worry you'll get more free points, better off not connecting :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

kakak1 wrote: »
    about the only way a deise player will get points :D:D

happy new year

Easy now

2008 is gonna be a great year for the Deise.

One big poker tourney win, and an All Ireland.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

A bit off topic, but its a question i want to ask. Why is everything to do with this in US dollars?

• Advertisement

Eh, because the buyin and prizes are in dollars...pretty much like every other online site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 VC Poker.ie

Happy New Year folks. Just a brief one to remind all that the second tourney in the $5 Series is kicking off tonight at 20:20 GMT. Password is bie5ds and with our current 7 way tie for first, it's still anyone's game ;) Good luck on the tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Telepee

Hi Guys,

Signed up just to bring your attention to a Portuguese forum who are intending to gatecrash your freeroll tonight - they publish your password, with their VC affiliate link and award their own league points - pokerinfo.pt exist solely as a forum it seems to publish passwords to other peoples tourneys - I am from another forum and we had one event totally ruined when they gatecrashed!!

This is the post on their forum - it looks like there are 58 of them so far in your game tonight (I dont speak Portuguese, but you get the idea!!):

VCPOKER - 10 DLLS Gratuitos sem qualquer depósito - Obrigatório usar o banner no canto superior Direito da VcPoker que se encontra na nossa homepage
    3.FEIRA 08 JANEIRO AS 20.20H
    NOME : Boards IE Freeroll Series
    Premio : $1.000 Leader Board Event
    PW : biefrs
    Registo ja aberto no site
    Arrow.gif PONTOS DOBRAM

ESTA SALA É NOVA NO CPI POR ISSO TODOS DEVEM MENCIONAR AKI O NICK PARA CLASSIFICAÇAO
    Nick Forum
    Nick VCPoker
    aDORAvel
    ladydora
    Afugon
    Afugao
    anabesa
    aanabesaa
    DragonFCP
    mimi33333
    drps
    TuxManVC
    fermasa
    fermasaaa
    Iznogood
    Iznog00d
    Jomafer
    Jomafer68
    JPaulo10
    JPaulo10101010
    Iron Man
    ironelson
    m4k5
    m4k5FCP
    maxlogan
    maxlogan7
    Matsuki
    Kikas69
    mimirogers
    mimirogers1
    MrPocketSevens
    CCampos61
    sancty007
    sanctypetra1
    trimaran
    ramelas1
    zocor
    zocor13JJ
    Eclipse
    EkplisePro
    EuroSortudo
    Eur0Sortud0
    El-Gancho
    Nuno15
    Firemamgaia
    Fire38
    JCMM
    odss
    JP
    JPDelgado1
    miranda833
    OmahaNL
    NELQUIM
    JOKKA1978
    TugaMatos
    EagleEye1978
    Xp3rt
    Xp3rt
    freitich
    tizascat
    marmur
    ourico
    freshly
    freshly4
    azorean
    azorean1983
    riper99
    20Com3r
    Pazdalma
    Pazdalma66
    Xaruto23
    Xaruto01
    mesuras
    mesuras
    bodinho
    bobinho44
    Kroko
    krokoxp
    DAVIDEOF
    DAVIDEOFVC
    jvmvilela
    neotuga
    chukienuno
    chukienuno1
    LordDogs
    castanheiraneves
    $$$Mangas$$$
    ruimangas
    mesuras
    mesuras
    Xaruto23
    Xaruto01
    Britjorge
    britbet
    ncardeira
    ncardeiraVC
    pioneiro
    pioneiro7
    tmconitro
    master1nitro
    j_o_r_g_e
    sgemil
    pileka
    telmoSs
    joaospirit
    joaospiritzen
    firelivemoment
    cbsgaia300
    MeckNight
    MeckNight88
    filipebap
    baptistafi
    Pedras
    msr9
    doctor house
    doctorhouse4
    samonteiro
    monteiros

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Fight!!!

Hi folks,

Thanks for the headsup on the gatecrashers.

The good news here is that this is covered in the terms and conditions on the site with eligibility for vc poker.ie exclusive prizes and bonuses restricted to those players originating from Irish IPs or otherwise able to provide proof of Irish ancestry. If any competitors finish in the top ten and fail to meet the eligibility requirements, they simply won't be awarded those points and those points will revert to the player(s) below them that do meet the eligibility criteria. Best of both worlds really. You can beat them for God, Country and bragging rights and if by fluke or fate, they do win, you'll get the points anyway if you're on the bubble.

Only other option is for us to change the password shortly before the freeroll kicks off and that's a potentially confusing and irritating practise for all.

FYI - We've updated the Leaderboard with Sunday's results and to date these are the current players leading the way:

Freeroll Series
    KaiserKlaVC - 15 points

$5 Series
    TheyWereSooted - 24 points

$10 Series
    NotABoardsie - 27 points

Kudos to our early leaders and good luck to all in the tourney tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Telepee

Wow - your Portuguese friends took 15 of the top 30 positions - don't you know how to play poker in Ireland? :p

They were in positions 4, 5, 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Telepee wrote: »
    Wow - your Portuguese friends took 15 of the top 30 positions - don't you know how to play poker in Ireland? :p

They were in positions 4, 5, 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30!!!

Which 3 positions paid the best?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Telepee wrote: »

why dont you shut up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I'm havin a pop at the $5 tonight...anyone else in?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

I setup the software, deposited and then had my account suspended immediately cos of my IP address (i'm in france this week)

they want me to send a passport copy, household bill and a photocopy of my credit card before opening it..

account will be stay suspended!

^LOL, I'm in Belgium and I had no problem. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

they said it was because my credit card was Irish but the IP address i used to sign up was french and it was to stop fraud..

Did you use an Irish credit card or a Belgium one?

Bank of Ireland...very odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Telepee
    Wow - your Portuguese friends took 15 of the top 30 positions - don't you know how to play poker in Ireland?

why dont you shut up!

chd poker...take a joke man, he was doing yous all a favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shuffles

any leaderboard updates?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blucky

i find this a gd site joined it a while back gl all in the lg

Hi lads and ladies,

The leaderboards are updated with the current results to date.

The players currently at the top of the table are:

FREEROLL SERIES
    KaiserKlaVC 15 Points
    shades1109 15 Points

$5 SERIES
    golly6 36 Points

$10 SERIES
    NotABoardsie 37 Point

Tourney 3 of the Freeroll Series kicks off tonight at 20:20 GMT

Best of luck on the tables and don't forget to take advantage of our 2-Satellites-for-the-Price-of-1 offer to qualify for the Irish Open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

What happens if you qualify from both the $5 and $10 leaderboard for the grand final?

Double stack starting????:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shuffles

What happens if you qualify from both the $5 and $10 leaderboard for the grand final?

Its going to happen id say. A ruling will be needed early.

Hi folks,

In the event of one player qualifying through to the Grand Final from more than one of the Leaderboard Series', the additional seat won will be awarded to the player with the next highest point total across all leaderboards. In other words, across all 3 leaderboards, the player sitting on the bubble with the most points will take the seat.

Given that the bulk of the prizes are awarded for finishing in the top ten of each of the leaderboards, the incentives to play more than 1 series are A) to win as much prize money as possible from all 3 series and B) to maximise your chances of finishing atop an individual leaderboard to qualify for the grand final.

As we near the halfway point, the competition's still fairly wide open and there's ample opportunity for players to hit the top 10 even if you're only starting in the league now. It should be interesting as we get closer to the final touraments. As it stands currently, NotABoardsie is making a strong showing as one of the top tournament players on boards.

Good luck in tonight's $5 Series tourney.

Can't log into the client...just hangs on the 'logging in to the poker room' screen. Anyone else having trouble?

whats the password for tonight? links not working

Nothing is working...I finally logged in and I cant join the table...grrrr

zuutroy wrote: »
    Nothing is working...I finally logged in and I cant join the table...grrrr

So will I get any points given I had reg'd but couldn't log in? Also...I want my $5 back!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

zuutroy wrote: »
    So will I get any points given I had reg'd but couldn't log in? Also...I want my $5 back!:p

You get points if less than 10 players played. if you logged in.

Doubt your gonna get points and money back, would be a little unfair lol

Advertisement