Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malapropisms. Post yours

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

smokingman wrote: »
    I see what you did there - very funny but you're not standing up for the stupids really though, just looking down on their poor ignorance.....bless. :)

Can't believe it took so long to spot Pighead's (deliberate?) malapropism.
    Pighead may have a point about AH.

And yeah i'm sure it was deliberate as well, Pighead doesn't make mistakes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I used to think Ouija Boards were called "Luigi Boards".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Very popular (lately - for obvious reasons): Kris Kindle.

It's Kringle, obviously, seeing as the man is known as Kris Kringle.

Mordeth wrote: »
    was discussing an episode of star trek with a few friends at school years ago, and a friend of mine who was trying to be heard over the din said, loud enough 'and then they had to ejaculate the warp core'.

course, in keeping with the laws of physics the building quitened down just as he was saying it.
    Haha, love that one:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Slow coach wrote: »
    Very popular (lately - for obvious reasons): Kris Kindle.

It's Kringle, obviously, seeing as the man is known as Kris Kringle.

Kris Kindle actually is what the ritual is called though it can be called Kris Kringle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Santa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

My gran goes to the "saloon" to get her hair done! I think it's cute :) Everytime she mentions it I picture clint eastwood coming through the swinging doors, pistol in hand and whipping his hat off for a shave and trim!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

LadyJ wrote: »
    Kris Kindle actually is what the ritual is called though it can be called Kris Kringle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Santa

+1

Kris Kringle
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kris Kringle may refer to:
    an American (mis-)pronunciation of Christkindl or Christkindel, the German Christmas gift-bringer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    +1

Kris Kringle
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kris Kringle may refer to:
    an American (mis-)pronunciation of Christkindl or Christkindel, the German Christmas gift-bringer

Sh!t, you learn something new every day. Thanks, ladies. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I've heard the word waiver been pronounced "weever" and "wafter" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

when I was about 8 I wanted a viewmaster (http://www.cbs.umn.edu/ic/equipment/images/viewmaster.jpg) as a present, but through massive confusion asked for a masturbator instead (I must have heard the word at school)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

In school years ago we had to design a fake brand and present it to the class. One group designed an exotic fruit drink and one of the lads described it as "Delicious erotic flavour", cue the teachers and class rolling about the place :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement