Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic Women...?

Options
  • 17-12-2007 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭

alright, we have a thread about how our menfolk spoil us, so let's turn the tables...

what do we actually do for them?

Comments

Everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

hah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

*cough*

such as....?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Pen a bit of poetry, lacing it with things personal of him and you together.

Make him a candlelight dinner of his favourite foods and drink, with you as dessert.

Share an ocean sunset with him after a walk hand-in-hand on the beach.

Sing a ballad of love to him while snuggling at his side before a night beach fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Make him a candlelight dinner of his favourite foods and drink, with you as dessert.

Sing a ballad of love to him while snuggling at his side before a night beach fire.
    Man....you totally 'get' men.

• Advertisement

Good lord! I have to side with Sangre. Think Blue_Lagoon... think what you're suggesting, would you think it romantic if he brought you to a football match?

No. 2 is the only one there that is in any way half decent (not just because sex at the end, any of them could have that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Only the meal impresses me! But you should have him for dessert, if you get me! ;)

Actually I'm sure the ocean would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

What about steak and blowjob day eh ladies? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Good lord! I have to side with Sangre. Think Blue_Lagoon... think what you're suggesting, would you think it romantic if he brought you to a football match?
    Yes! If it included a pre-game tail-gate party with B-B-Q, he brought me cool ones on a hot day, and we cheered, hugged, and kissed when our team scored!

narco wrote: »
    *cough*

such as....?

Now I am going to make a massive generalisation here, I don't expect it to apply to everyone, so don't shoot me :D.

We nurture men. We demonstrably care for them everyday.
    In hundreds of little ways that they tend to neglect when they are just looking after themselves.
    That is romance. Exclude the whole competitive element. That’s what your bunch of roses; candlelit treasure trail etc is doing for you. Letting you know they actually care.

• Advertisement

Yes! If it included a pre-game tail-gate party with B-B-Q, he brought me cool ones on a hot day, and we cheered, hugged, and kissed when our team scored!
    God, the cheese doesn't stop with you does it.

Kodak moments don't exist except retrospectively in the mentally deficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I had a girlfriend who made me a sock monkey once... that made me happy.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    We nurture men. We demonstrably care for them everyday.In hundreds of little ways that they tend to neglect when they are just looking after themselves.
    That is romance.
    I have to say, you make a point. It's pretty cool getting your collar/tie fixed by your significant other as you rush out the door. Infact, and this is kinda gross, most motherly behaviour a girlfriend exhibits is kinda nice. But if what you say is assumed true, then romance is very much dying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Happy how.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Awww Bless its the little things in life lol

Kodak moments don't exist except retrospectively in the mentally deficient.
    You are a qualified authority to make such assessments? From the "emic" perspective?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Actually.. now that I think of it.. I pretty much have some form of monkey given to me from every girl I've been in a major realtionship with...

I really don't know why they think I'd be into that sort of thing... but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oh please! i've seen you in a toyshop! anything even resembling a monkey and it takes hours to drag you away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Weren't you in, like, dawsons creek or something? :D

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Weren't you in, like, dawsons creek or something? :D
    Yes! But you haven't seen my scenes yet. They will be exclusively featued in the "bloopers" section when they release the uncut series collector's edition.

How is jet lag, by the way? Back to normal, or does your body still think it's halfway around the world?

• Advertisement

Yes! But you haven't seen my scenes yet. They will be exclusively featued in the "bloopers" section when they release the uncut series collector's edition.

How is jet lag, by the way? Back to normal, or does your body still think it's halfway around the world?

Hi Bluey :P

Jetlag is killing me.

.Been managing to stay awake until about 11pm every night. Then had an amazing close family and frineds christmas party on saturday. Was up til 3am. Since then my body clock has gone all over the shop.

It's 7.30am here, and I've been up since 4am!!!Thank god i have a DVD box set of "24" that I bought the other day. So, I've 24 hours of DVD TV to keep me occupied in the small hours.

Was in bed at 8pm last night.

I need to get back to the Southern hemisphere quick!!

tallaght01 wrote: »
    I need to get back to the Southern hemisphere quick!!
    Never been to NZ. Everyone tells me it's an island paradise in the Pacific. Lucky you! How could you leave it for our wet and cold island (then again, you are in Scotland, part of another wet and cold island)? I can just imagine the opportunities for romance* in NZ on the warm northern island beaches, or in a hot tub after skiing in the southern mountains?

Then again, someone is bound to accuse me of making some more romantic "cheese." That it is pure fantasy and not real... Oh, but what passionate fun they are missing! If life is but a stage upon which we all play our roles, I choose to be one of two romantic fools playing the game of love.

(*Oh, and I am not referring to the 10 million sheep and all the jokes between lads).

Never been to NZ. Everyone tells me it's an island paradise in the Pacific. Lucky you! How could you leave it for our wet and cold island (then again, you are in Scotland, part of another wet and cold island)? I can just imagine the opportunities for romance* in NZ on the warm northern island beaches, or in a hot tub after skiing in the southern mountains?

Then again, someone is bound to accuse me of making some more romantic "cheese." That it is pure fantasy and not real... Oh, but what passionate fun they are missing! If life is but a stage upon which we all play our roles, I choose to be one of two romantic fools playing the game of love.

(*Oh, and I am not referring to the 10 million sheep and all the jokes between lads).

I'm not in Scotland. Worked there until last August, but haven't been able to change the location on my profile, for some unknown technical reason. :confused:

I'm back in Tallaght for the christmas. Although New Zealand is amazing, it's not home. And you can't have a proper crimbo in the sunshine. It's just not right.

I do admire your romantic ways. It's not that I think it's neccesarily fantasy...it's just I'm no good at it :p

For, example, I don't do cuddling and kissing at football games LOL

I also spent my "romantic" time on the warm northern Island beaches trying to kidnap penguins :D

Take the OTness to PM please.
    You are a qualified authority to make such assessments?
    Yes. In my final year thesis I compared people's rationale to their ability to empathise with hollywood drip. Come off it... It's a cyclic and subjective definition, like "all people who take heroin are fools".
    From the "emic" perspective?
    Less of the linguistic jargon. I'll classify it a little more generally for you if you wish.
    Let's define a Kodak Moment: An unfathomably garish, mutual display of sentiment; such that one would have to be of deprived mental capacity (i.e. drunk or otherwise lacking in reason) not to recognise it as such and automatically stop taking it seriously.
    If life is but a stage upon which we all play our roles, I choose to be one of two romantic fools playing the game of love.
    *vomit*

Look... I'm not saying romance doesn't exist, just that I wish your trite unrealistic version of it didn't pollute people's minds as much as it does.

Yes. In my final year thesis I compared people's rationale to their ability to empathise with hollywood drip. Come off it... It's a cyclic and subjective definition, like "all people who take heroin are fools".

Less of the linguistic jargon. I'll classify it a little more generally for you if you wish.
    Let's define a Kodak Moment: An unfathomably garish, mutual display of sentiment; such that one would have to be of deprived mental capacity (i.e. drunk or otherwise lacking in reason) not to recognise it as such and automatically stop taking it seriously.

*vomit*

Look... I'm not saying romance doesn't exist, just that I wish your trite unrealistic version of it didn't pollute people's minds as much as it does.

Dude, just coz you don't do kodak monent romance, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It also doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

Like I said before, I'm ****e at it, but I know lots of couples who are mad into it. Poems and roses and all that stuff flying through the gaff.

LIve and let live, as they say.

And the ,erm, "mentally deficient" are entitled to their kodak monents ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

*vomit*

Pollute peoples minds? Come off it! There is nothing wrong with being able to have such moments and to enjoy them for exactly what they are, moments of sheer romanticism and love. For you to say that such a thing is trite and only enjoyable by the "mentally deficient" simply because you don't like them is insulting to everyone who likes to do something that is simply old fashioned romance at it's core.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I always snuggle into him every night and kiss him good night and tell him I love him.

I let him watch the football on the widescreen instead of sending him into the playroom to watch it....

I send him I love you texts to him....

and sometimes I even get the oul kinky gear out for him:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

I:

-wash/iron his creased jeans
    -give him some kind of pleasure if I'm not in the mood for a shag
    -mop up his sick whenever he stumbles in from a night out
    -buy him lovely pressies

Oh there's probably loads more, but yeah, I'm the best gf in the world lol.

Jaysus, there's a lot of this romanticks stuff goin on, isn't there??

I must have been dating total dragons all my life :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Quality wrote: »

I let him watch the football on the widescreen instead of sending him into the playroom to watch it....

WoW. Romance isn't dead. :rolleyes:

Advertisement