Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gas for HFC M9

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Pm'd, its funny i bought it for this time of year when my Gbb's are struggling but i just cant stand glocks :p

On topic is anyone considering getting some red gas? might be worth a few people going parts on a canister or 2 for use in the winter months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

im gonna give the red gas a bash, ill use it in the bell before i try the HFC though.,lol,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Wise,
    let us know how it goes [i just basically want to use my hfc's reliably all year round] were ya getting the gas?

i havent really looked into getting it yet., im gonna check it out now., i dont think any of the irish retailers have it so looks like its searching online again for me.,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

might put in an order from redwolf next week for some if anyone wants to go in on it? probably take a few weeks to get here by surface mail though

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    so does anyone know what exactly red gas is if its not propane like the green?.,

all that info i posted and you still didn't read it!!! bah!

red gas is hfc22 or Chlorodifluoromethane

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

kdouglas wrote: »
    might put in an order from redwolf next week for some if anyone wants to go in on it? probably take a few weeks to get here by surface mail though

il go in on it ,would be ok to order a metal upgrade kit for my glock with the order ,anit putting red in with out proper mods

kdouglas wrote: »
    all that info i posted and you still didn't read it!!! bah!

red gas is hfc22 or Chlorodifluoromethane

:o
    lol.,sorry K it got a little confusing but i know someone who understands all this chemistry jargon so im gonna take your info and bleed his brain a little to see if i can learn something usefull.,:D.,
    Ill go in on the order wth ya also,;)

edit:gatling, dont metalise a glock, its a sin.,lol, and you have a metal slide on it dont you? i think the body will take the increase easily.,

ive no choice if im going to use red gas ,the slide is polymer and the barrel is aluminun i think,

oh right., i thought it was metal, i was looking at a few different glocks that day.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

The 030 is a lovely piece, i have a jieke M93R AEP it's almost as good

it looks metal alright ,it will be soon enough ,even if its ajust a slide conversion will help the G18C last longer

it has the same internals doesnt it? there way better than GBB in my opinion, there not as powerful but thats the point, you can hit someone with it at close range without them getting pissed off about it.,

Edit: go for one with glock trade marks gatling, they look class,. id go for the silver one aswell because the paint eventually comes off the painted metal ones where as you can just polish the metal one if its gets roughed up a bit.,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Yeah i think so, accurate enough too plus full auto is always good lol

zero19 wrote: »
    Yeah i think so, accurate enough too plus full auto is always good lol

yeah and with a 9.6 i think it beats my M4, G36c and MP5 on rate of fire.,:D

Gatling wrote: »
    il go in on it ,would be ok to order a metal upgrade kit for my glock with the order ,anit putting red in with out proper mods

the gas will be shipped by surface mail whereas the metal slide for the glock would be air mail, so there's no saving to be made there on shipping, this order will be for cans of red gas only, nothing else

Gatling wrote: »
    it looks metal alright ,it will be soon enough ,even if its ajust a slide conversion will help the G18C last longer

no one makes a metal body for a glock, the real thing doesn't have one

some glock models in real steel do have a metal slide however, hence the reason why a metal slide is available for airsoft version

Bahumbug

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Someone mentioned wondering if green is propane, what is red?

Could it be ethane?

Thats the next step down the alkane list, and I know butane sort of works but doesnt, but is less powerful.

Red could be a mix of propane and ethane but I'm wondering if this would work?

I havent done chemistry in a while, but theres my half assed theory!

Edit: difluoromonochloromethane, looks like I mashed the keyboard. Try and get that in a hardware. They use it in air conditioners in the US anyway.

Motosam wrote: »
    Someone mentioned wondering if green is propane, what is red?

Could it be ethane?

Thats the next step down the alkane list, and I know butane sort of works but doesnt, but is less powerful.

Red could be a mix of propane and ethane but I'm wondering if this would work?

I havent done chemistry in a while, but theres my half assed theory!

Edit: difluoromonochloromethane, looks like I mashed the keyboard. Try and get that in a hardware. They use it in air conditioners in the US anyway.
    Yet again, all that info I posted and nobody read it!!!

• Advertisement

Sorry KD, was just a quick skim on my part, at work, I promise to read your post now.

On your blog right?

We all appreciate you dont worry :D

Edit: read it, thought black gas was an airsoft urban myth.

Lol, i was only joking Motosam, I dont actually expect people to pay any attention to me :)

Black Gas is an urban myth, It doesn't exist, it likely came about because co2 canisters (the large 1kg+ ones) are black

Someone said black gas was darth vaders breath, cant remember who though!

lol., me,.:p

as for KDs post, what i was asking was if there was some other, mare simple name for the red gas, difluoromonochloromethane is a bit too "geeky".,lol

yea, HFC22 is the other name

looks like there now is a black gas:

guarder_new_gas_0401.jpg

from airsoft-news.eu
    Guarder: 1000 ml Powerful Gas-2008 New Version
    First news from Guarder in 2008. Their gas just got bigger, and well, more pleasing to the eyes. New bottle sure looks pretty:

Weight: 350g
    36 Bottles/Box
    Material: CH2, FCF3, CH3
    Under 24∘C the Pressure is 10kg

Don't inhale directly or spray in the eyes.
    Don't expose at temperature upper 40?C, because it contain under pressure.
    Don't blazz or perforate the can neither if empty.
    Don't vaporize on flame or incandescent.
    Don't use in improper way and keep out from childern.

Item No.: GAS-1000
    Suggested Retail Price: USD 11.00

Pressure is 10kg?? Not sure how that translates to psi, but propane is 120psi at 24 degrees, so hopefully a little higher than that for winter use

nice find K., god you must trawl tinternet reading every bit., always have the breaking news.,lol

nah, just know a few select sites ;)

thought that was just a snazzy lable design, seen it yesterday didnt think there was a difference

• Advertisement
Advertisement