Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Newsreader now lives on park bench

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

kelle wrote: »
    I only vaguely remember him, after seeing those images. That's upsetting to read. With the good job he had, he should have been set up for later in life with a generous pension as a reward for his dedication and hard work. But it's amazing how it can all go wrong through carelessness.
    If he had never worked a day in his life, he would have been provided with a council house so he wouldn't now be homeless at such a vulnerable time in his life.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

kelle wrote: »
    I only vaguely remember him,
    If he had never worked a day in his life, he would have been provided with a council house so he wouldn't now be homeless at such a vulnerable time in his life.
    He was last seen selling the big issue in Brighton so wonder will that scupper his chances of getting a council house now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

What ever happened to that Partidge guy who got the sack from Sky News a few years ago for clobbering Kay Burley(I think it was her)? He must be on a bench further down the beach. That would have been a blooper worth watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

latchyco wrote: »
    Typing errors due to crappy keyboard ,but your right ,one should be corrected on ones grammer however it didn't stop most if not all the posters understanding the thread topic in question and i have noticed how some people (loike yerself ) are really hung up on spelling mistakes .I'm sure you have made more than a few ....er yerself .....yawn :rolleyes:

Hang on... you didn't just copy and paste from the daily express website?

OK, I thought it was a journalist with the bad English. That's a different matter, obviously...

• Advertisement

QUOTE=dublindude;54670160]Hang on... you didn't just copy and paste from the daily express website?

No ,although i have being known to do so .
    OK, I thought it was a journalist with the bad English. That's a different matter, obviously...

thinking about it now it might have being but i threw the cutting out so cant confirm LOL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

marcsignal wrote: »
    lmao

but would you give em any of yer change???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The story of Ed Mitchell on BBC South made me sit up straight. Mitchell was a high-flying TV journalist (BBC, ITN, Sky, CNBC, Reuters) who interviewed six presidents, five chancellors and three prime ministers.

Picture

TV3 should give him a job or something, for de craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

i have noticed how some people (loike yerself ) are really hung up on spelling mistakes .I'm sure you have made more than a few ....er yerself .....yawn :rolleyes:

Yeah, loike talk about being disowned.....

Nah, I'm not really bothered about that. It was just that it was the only other place i saw the whole 'space before a full stop/comma instead of afterwards' thing (you are still doing that btw:D).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Was that yer man on fr ted who every time he had drink forced on him turned nasty as in '' ya shower of bastards , ya shower of bolloxs ....tis that him ? :)

The very same.

I loved that episode.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

harsh

The very same.

I loved that episode.
    Yeah , thats the one i remember the most ,craked up laughing at that episode and also the one with the tough smoking priest (brenden grace ) '' i'll put yer face tru the wall '' episode
    Nah, I'm not really bothered about that. It was just that it was the only other place i saw the whole 'space before a full stop/comma instead of afterwards' thing (you are still doing that btw:D).
    Well i'm not mr Micro god bless his cotten socks and i honestly addmited to the typing errors when in hindsight i shoulda blamed the the jurno who wrote the article .:D

I have actually noticed my comas ' before ' instead of ' afterwards ' but then errors amoung members is quite common .

It's just i dont always feel the need (or can be bothered ) to point them out . ;)

Advertisement