Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi R8

Options
  • 15-12-2007 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

I popped into Sheehy's Audi showroom in Naas today and they had not one but 2 R8s on display. I asked them how did they manage to get 2 and they said that they actually had 4 sold for delivery in January! Not bad for a motor costing between 180 and 190k!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭speedfreak

yeah they are one of the very few allowed sell 'em. one passed me today around there. some lucky focker out for test drive i guess. those LED front lights really stand out. will become more popular in other models no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

speedfreak wrote: »
    yeah they are one of the very few allowed sell 'em
    Any delaer can get them but obviously they're not going to order any unless they reckon they can sell them.
    Sheehys, Frank Hogan and Turners Cross are the main dealers outside of Dublin taking them and from what I've heard Annesley are the only Dublin dealer that haven't ordered any yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

According to the salesperson theirs is one of only 3 dealerships that are selling R8's. I cant see why they would restrict the sale of them to just 3.

Its amazing I was in another Audi dealership trying to wrangle a test drive in an S5 but the guy said they were very difficult to get. He reckoned theirs was the largest Audi dealership in the country at most times of the year and they only have 2 on order so far for next year. Could the R8 at 190k become more common on our roads than the S5?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Lovely car alright, i'd say it moves too.

The LED front lights are an extra on the new A4's i think. They will filter into the other models soon!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I'd say the registration will be along the line 08 XX 48

Their going to make the 4 look like an R.

One of the one's in Sheehys had a 07 KE 48 i think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Yeah its 07 D 48

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 edwardh55

Any delaer can get them but obviously they're not going to order any unless they reckon they can sell them.
    Sheehys, Frank Hogan and Turners Cross are the main dealers outside of Dublin taking them and from what I've heard Annesley are the only Dublin dealer that haven't ordered any yet !

Audi have very strict conditions for both selling and servicing the R8 and A8, most audi dealerships arent up to spec to cater for them, so Audi don't supply the cars. I think its just a way i think for Audi to get their dealers to buy equipment and stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Only 3 dealers in Ireland are contracted to sell them. Sheehys in Naas, Frank Hogan in Limerick and Park Motors in Dublin.

Huge set of t&c's come with selling the car. You need a certain dedicated showroom area just for R8 etc etc.

It was originally thought 30 will be sold next year but this will probably fall now due to the vrt changes coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Frank Hogan himself is currently driving around in a "demo" R8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

RedorDead wrote: »
    Only 3 dealers in Ireland are contracted to sell them. Sheehys in Naas, Frank Hogan in Limerick and Park Motors in Dublin.

Huge set of t&c's come with selling the car. You need a certain dedicated showroom area just for R8 etc etc.

It was originally thought 30 will be sold next year but this will probably fall now due to the vrt changes coming.

I seriously dont believe that as look Orwell motors are selling one and there will be quite a few from other garages in 08 guaranteed.
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=835434

• Advertisement

drdre wrote: »
    I seriously dont believe that as look Orwell motors are selling one and there will be quite a few from other garages in 08 guaranteed.
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=835434

Any garage can import one from the UK dre, but trust me only 3 irish dealers are contracted to sell new cars. Anyway that ad looks dodge to me. They say the car is in stock but at the same time that you can spec your order yourself? Its either one or the other?:confused:

Any garage can import one from the UK dre, but trust me only 3 irish dealers are contracted to sell new cars. Anyway that ad looks dodge to me. They say the car is in stock but at the same time that you can spec your order yourself? Its either one or the other?:confused:

They would mean they have one but more can be put on order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Any garage can import one from the UK dre

And pay VAT twice.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 edwardh55

ha ha pay the vat twice....

testicle wrote: »
    And pay VAT twice.........
    No you can get export cars from uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I hear a V10 R8 is on the way(the R8 that went on fire in the Nurbergring was in fact the same V10 found in the Audi S6) and a diesel is too apparantly. Has anyone heard the R8's V8? The sound of it alone justifies it's existance!

drdre wrote: »
    They would mean they have one but more can be put on order.

For a car thats sold out in the UK until 2009, that would be pretty amazing. They must have some contacts.

For a car thats sold out in the UK until 2009, that would be pretty amazing. They must have some contacts.

They must have some contacts.How the hell do i know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

speedfreak wrote: »
    those LED front lights really stand out. will become more popular in other models no doubt.

Good God I hope not, awful skanger-y looking things.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Frank Hogan himself is currently driving around in a "demo" R8.

I would love a job like that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gavquinn

I've been living with the R8 about 3 months now, and it is very nice indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

why would you bother getting one in Ireland though for 180k

here's one - http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/477038.htm
    85,000.00 GBP = 107,384.28 EUR
    VRT is €49,897

so you'll land a 08 in Ireland for less than €158,000 and save yourself 22k

I don't know why, I like a nice car, and I bought it here.

sorry wasn't directed at you, it was just a general question. Do you feel a little hard done by that you could have saved €22k or are you bothered?

Yes, it does. The R8 in the UK is c, £77,000 (€97,081.26).
    This country is a rip off, a shameless undeniable rip-off. But I took the R8, I got a nice discount cos it had 4300k and was an ex-demo, and it it came to €189,450. It's a disgrace that we're charged so much here for no reason. And the VRT thing is a load of crap too. You wana penalise someone for emissions? Pick on airlines, pick on Iarnroid Eireann, shipping companies? But no! This is capitalism, so the consumer takes the hit, bloody absurd.

Cars only make 5% of the greenhouse gases worldwide.
    I feel that this is just an easy way to cash in on people (just like the TV licence), no more, how much of that extra money is going towards cleaning the environment here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

There is an R8 in Lucan?!

Must have a spin about, see if I can spot ya! :D

Still havent seen one in the flesh.

ouch, you could have had an 08 R8 with less than 1k miles and an exige for that money... sorry dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

steve06 wrote: »
    sorry wasn't directed at you, it was just a general question. Do you feel a little hard done by that you could have saved €22k or are you bothered?
    You wouldn't save on the VAT at all. Buy in the UK and you pay their VAT, bring it here and if the car is under 6 months old and you pay VRT AND VAT again(and at our higher rates too) thanks to the SIMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

I had one of these in last week for a quote, could have been you, gav?

It was local owned anyway...they are a truly stunning car in the flesh. The lines are perfect, ride height and stance make it look mean. Lovely sound from them too.

I'm not looking forward to doing the work on it though, it'll be a back breaker for sure.

• Advertisement

E92 wrote: »
    You wouldn't save on the VAT at all. Buy in the UK and you pay their VAT, bring it here and if the car is under 6 months old and you pay VRT AND VAT again(and at our higher rates too) thanks to the SIMI.
    I never mentioned VAT.... and if you get a Jan reg car and import in June it's 6 months old so no VAT anyway! or you could get a 07 and save what... another 10k or so?

So no point in mentioning the VAT thing because it doesn't apply here.

Advertisement