Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 1 Joint Question

Options
  • 14-12-2007 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

Thought of this last night and managed to wreck a few heads with it. If you were offered a joint that would get you the most stoned you could ever be in your whole life, with the downside being it would make you permanently immune to the effects of weed afterwards, would you smoke it? :) Obviously you have to smoke the stuff to be able to answer this. I personally wouldn't. I enjoy it too much to throw it all away on one smoke!!

Comments

How many drugs related topic does this forum need?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

IDGAF - I don't give a f**k.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Depends on the chronic....

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

No, I detest being stoned!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I had that in Amsterdam. Well, it didn't make me immune to it. It was just such a bad experience, I haven't done it since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,689 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ditto.

I wouldn't though: to be fair i've gotten proper fcuked in my time and i just dont like going to that extreme anymore; i like my cruising altitude at a cool 10,000ft. No thanks. you can have the stratosphere to yourself my young court jester.

(not much interesting happens above 10,000ft ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Being really really stoned isn't actually more fun than being, say, very stoned. So no.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    No, I detest being stoned!

Same here, I don't smoke but was given it in a yoghurt once and hated every second of it, couldn't wait to get back to feeling normal again, made me feel very depressed and paranoid :o.. Don't think it suits me at all.. I think I'm just one of those people who just shouldn't do it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Not a hope if it made me immune for life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No, I'd never give up the ability to get stoned just to get really stoned once. I prefer to be able to do things while stoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

last time i got more stoned than i've ever been in my life, i ended up genereally unable to control my body for several hours. well, not that extreme, but my legs wouldnt really work, and the vomit, diarrhea, blackouts (it was worst cos i KNEW id jsut blacked out) would make me say no.

one or two, now and then... but definitely nothing too extreme at all again ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Have to say I wouldn't. I enjoy being stoned and, while I do get completely mashed from time to time, I usually just prefer to get a nice buzz going and leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

indica or sativa? body or head? actually no way in any case, getting stoned is just too big a part of life to give up :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Support the Drugs/Narcotics forum.

Lets keep AH clean

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

narco wrote: »
    but my legs wouldnt really work, and the vomit, diarrhea, blackouts (it was worst cos i KNEW id jsut blacked out) would make me say no.

Crikey, vomiting and the scutters, awful time for the legs to give out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah it'd be cool wanting to go asleep while having a slight headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

keen wrote: »
    Not a hope if it made me immune for life.

Me too - but it'd be hard to resist any reefer that was passed under my nose.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

drugs -1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Why not just smoke a lot of normal weed?

There's a point with weed where you don't notice getting any more stoned, a bit like drunkeness, except you won't die if you keep on smoking it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sleepy wrote: »
    Have to say I wouldn't. I enjoy being stoned and, while I do get completely mashed from time to time, I usually just prefer to get a nice buzz going and leave it there.

Likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Blisterman wrote: »
    I had that in Amsterdam. Well, it didn't make me immune to it. It was just such a bad experience, I haven't done it since.
    Thats what you call a whitener.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭kg703

Try smoking so much that you actually build up a serious immunity to it. Basically iv done what you asked except instead of just 1 J its been a lot. I dont drink or smoke cigarettes so that became my vice for a while but after some serious smoking im now taking it easy. Try going to amsterdam and barely being able to get stoned(even buying barney rubble and all sorts) no stuff over here does it for me anymore even straight off de plant....so im off it now until i become a complete lightweight again and soapbar starts to do the job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I know someone and he's mad into it. He is real slow now and has temper problem. We just laugh at him and call him a sick man and tell him we know a few doctors we recommend.
    Smoking too much will end bad, believe me, I have seen this, Nothing to be boasting about;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Everything would be a downer after that perfect joint so it's a no-brainer.

It's like telling someone to consider the latest revision of their 'top10 burds list' and then asking him "would you rather shag burd#1 nine times or burds#2-10 one time each?". Deep down we all know the right answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Petey2006

Overheal wrote: »

I wouldn't though: to be fair i've gotten proper fcuked in my time and i just dont like going to that extreme anymore; i like my cruising altitude at a cool 10,000ft. No thanks. you can have the stratosphere to yourself my young court jester.
    Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Pigman II wrote: »
    It's like telling someone to consider the latest revision of their 'top10 burds list' and then asking him "would you rather shag burd#1 nine times or burds#2-10 one time each?". Deep down we all know the right answer.

This deserves a thread in it's own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Nope, not a chance.

I'd rather get a small bit stoned whenever I want than get really ****ed up just that one time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

kg703 wrote: »
    Try smoking so much that you actually build up a serious immunity to it. Basically iv done what you asked except instead of just 1 J its been a lot. I dont drink or smoke cigarettes so that became my vice for a while but after some serious smoking im now taking it easy. Try going to amsterdam and barely being able to get stoned(even buying barney rubble and all sorts) no stuff over here does it for me anymore even straight off de plant....so im off it now until i become a complete lightweight again and soapbar starts to do the job :D
    That's impossible, you mustn't be putting enough in or something. I live in Amsterdam and Barney's is my local, i'd see rastas and locals come in all the time and get absolutely fúcked, guys i smoke with who've been doing it all their lifes. Although, Barney Rubble isn't actually the best, next time try Helter Skelter, it's got way more THC in it, it's just not as 'clean' so it's cheaper and the hash snobs don't take to it.

Advertisement