Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outing Boardsies

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

WindSock wrote: »
    Yess. Erm code sentance is I like to bite off kittens heads and use their whiskers as dental floss.

Wrong! I have a lisph.

Finally a statement of fact about me.

A lisf?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Isn't Windsock the one-legged, albino pygmy with a lazy eye and a stutter?

Her boyfriend is the albino...

I'm never going to get tired of making jokes at the expense of his name, am I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

No :D
    I still do, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Peared wrote: »

A lisf?

Thorry, I meant lithsp.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ponster wrote: »
    You know Terry in real life ?
    Hey! :(

kearnsr wrote: »
    I think I've seen him for real. If his named his phone after him its defo him

Gimme back my phone.

If it was before March of this year and it was a drunk fat guy, then it was probably me.

I'd out someone if they were being a dick. I'd probably out one of my friends if they used boards and make up stories about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Would you ever out a fellow boardsie? Not in the way yiz are thinkin with teh gayness and all. But say if you know one in real life (and they dont know u know who they are on here) and they are one of the popular kids, cool, sarcastic, funny, referring to themselves as some kind of extraordinarily good looking god. But you know that in real life they are the complete opposite of what they make themselves out to be. Would you be tempted to spill if they were being particuarly arrogant? Same applies to boys pretending to be girls or vice versa. Or oldies pretending to be young? Or do you think whatever character people dream up for themselves is fair enough and just secretly snigger at the truth while they show off?

i dont know where to begin. Ive been aksing this my whole life and noone has ever given me a good answer. Why
    But say if you know one in real life (and they dont know u know who they are on here) and they are one of the popular kids, cool, sarcastic, funny, referring to themselves as some kind of extraordinarily good looking god. But you know that in real life they are the complete opposite of what they make themselves out to be.
    Why would someone not be themselves, how does it benefit them and why would they go to all the trouble of creating a false persona when they could just be themselves, i used to ask people in school but they thought it was a weird question and never gave a answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

cance wrote: »
    Ken wears a nightdress* to bed

You said it looked pretty.

I suppose I could out Seamus's secret. But I don't think you are all ready for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

User45701 wrote: »
    i dont know where to begin. Ive been aksing this my whole life and noone has ever given me a good answer. Why Why would someone not be themselves, how does it benefit them and why would they go to all the trouble of creating a false persona when they could just be themselves, i used to ask people in school but they thought it was a weird question and never gave a answer.

I don't think that anyone is ever themselves, even away from the internet. I put this down to mutual lack of trust and a lot of pretence. The more information a person has on someone, the more power they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I don't think that anyone is ever themselves, even away from the internet. I put this down to mutual lack of trust and a lot of pretence. The more information a person has on someone, the more power they have.
    I'm always myself.
    It tends to freak out people whgo don't know me too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Terry wrote: »
    I'm always myself.

I'll believe you - my lips are sealed;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

biko wrote: »
    I'm thinking Karl Hungus. Oh and myself.

But I resemble a troll. :confused:

What is the big deal?

My friends know I use boards, my boyfriends knows I'm addicted to reading it.

If a colleague came up and outed/said it to me, it wouldn't be a big deal at all really and vice versa :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

magick wrote: »
    i know...........

caball,swiss,catsmokinpot,meadows

their all a$$holes:D

who's this caball you speak of?

pfft you don't know me, you only think you do

I've met a fair few boardsies to date, most are fine and don't have any issues with them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Even on the net you should be yourself especially if your views are different or unique
    Terry wrote: »
    I'm always myself.
    It tends to freak out people whgo don't know me too well.

Em, yes it can freak people out but i always thought the whole point of being yourself was well being happy and all, if you are always yourself you are greatly increasing the chances that you will meet the right person but if you are not yourself, if you are a fake personality when you meet someone even if you fall in love they are not in love with you more than liekly a fake you and that just seems pointless.

It makes sencse just to be you becuase you might meet the perfect person for you instead of the perfect person for your fake personality

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kaimera wrote: »
    I do it all the time.

You know who you are.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo. Don't tell them i'm a lizard person

LouOB wrote: »
    i wish i choose a cooler username as i screwed - but glad nobody knows who i am anyway - hehehehe
    is that so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

magick wrote: »
    i know...........

caball,swiss,catsmokinpot,meadows

their all a$$holes:D
    just found this while searching for one of my posts!

you useless git! :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

WindSock wrote: »
    Yess. Erm code sentance is I like to bite off kittens heads and use their whiskers as dental floss..

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=zS8EIpAZybg&feature=related

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Same applies to boys pretending to be girls or vice versa.
    I vow to out all I find.

Advertisement