Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outing Boardsies

Options
  • 12-12-2007 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Would you ever out a fellow boardsie? Not in the way yiz are thinkin with teh gayness and all. But say if you know one in real life (and they dont know u know who they are on here) and they are one of the popular kids, cool, sarcastic, funny, referring to themselves as some kind of extraordinarily good looking god. But you know that in real life they are the complete opposite of what they make themselves out to be. Would you be tempted to spill if they were being particuarly arrogant? Same applies to boys pretending to be girls or vice versa. Or oldies pretending to be young? Or do you think whatever character people dream up for themselves is fair enough and just secretly snigger at the truth while they show off?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You know Terry in real life ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Peared is really a 45 year old sex offender, and he likes to wear hats on his feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Peared wrote: »
    referring to themselves as some kind of extraordinarily good looking god.
    I'm thinking Karl Hungus. Oh and myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

WindSock wrote: »
    Peared is really a 45 year old sex offender, and he likes to wear hats on his feet.

Which sex does she offend?

You should know what feet hats are called, given your username.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

WindSock wrote: »

I take most offence to the 45 bit being more than one third younger, the rest I can handle. Im a girl so the fellers on here will enjoy the sex offender bit. As for the hats on feet, sure who doesn't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

I take most offence to the 45 bit being more than one third younger, the rest I can handle. Im a girl so the fellers on here will enjoy the sex offender bit. As for the hats on feet, sure who doesn't?

I'm sure you will be outed soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oddly enough I just realised I went to college with one of the more veteran boardsies after stumbling across his flickr site. He was a sound bloke then and seems to be the same now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I take most offence to the 45 bit being more than one third younger, the rest I can handle.

Please stop making me do simple math.

homah_7ft wrote: »
    Which sex does she offend?

All of them
    You should know what feet hats are called, given your username.

Windsocks are completly unrelated to human socks. And theyre called fehats.
    Im a girl so the fellers on here will enjoy the sex offender bit.

Ah, but how do we know you are really a girl? I just outed you, sorry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There's gotta be at least one boardsie serial killer with mutilated, decomposing bodies stacked in their basement. I know it's not me because I haven't got a basement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

If I liked the person then I'd let them carry on......If I hated them then who knows!

Windsock I know you are desperate to see pictures of my boobies but Ive told you before it aint gonna happen :p

I can think of some other users that have nothing to hide that will happily oblige though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I once used a RL description of someone here on boards against them in an effort to make them out to be more of an idiot than they are. Didn't go down too well though, understandably. But in my defense, nobody here has anything good to say about said boardsie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i know...........

caball,swiss,catsmokinpot,meadows

their all a$$holes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

ejmaztec wrote: »
    There's gotta be at least one boardsie serial killer with mutilated, decomposing bodies stacked in their basement. I know it's not me because I haven't got a basement.

As your neighbour I find you are very quiet and always keep yourself to yourself. I'd be highly surprised if you turned out to be a serial killer. I would be more than willing to tell any news reporters this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I do it all the time.

You know who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

There's gotta be at least one boardsie serial killer with mutilated, decomposing bodies stacked in their basement.

Hmm, is the basement that obvious? I gotta find a new hiding spot for those bodies. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Anyone i know in real life who posts on boards is exaclty what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

I once used a RL description of someone here on boards against them in an effort to make them out to be more of an idiot than they are. Didn't go down too well though, understandably. But in my defense, nobody here has anything good to say about said boardsie

Did said boards member, that we both know, win Muppet of the year? He won the muppet of the century in my book...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Outing you say? well theres a funny concept....

Let me try...
    krazy_8s wrote: »
    Please stop making me do simple math.

Ken wears a nightdress* to bed

*ken may not wear a nightdress, assumptions have been made having never shared a bed with ken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

i wish i choose a cooler username as i screwed - but glad nobody knows who i am anyway - hehehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

LouOB wrote: »
    i wish i choose a cooler username as i screwed - but glad nobody knows who i am anyway - hehehehe

You chose your name as you screwed... I think I've a good enough picture of you as it is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ponster wrote: »
    You know Terry in real life ?

I think I've seen him for real. If his named his phone after him its defo him

Windsock I know you are desperate to see pictures of my boobies but Ive told you before it aint gonna happen :p

Not just your boobies. Any man boobies will do. Or Moobies, if it were.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Playing poker with some friends one night (many moons ago) two of them were going off about how they had found this great new site etc... Neither knew my involvement and I played dumb because I was enjoying the praise! At the end one then said "yeah but we acted the dick and the admins are bastards so we got banned, we probably deserved it."

I dont know who was more surprised when I let them know my username...

Second one was in a meeting in Eircom where I was negotiating a deal. One of the younger tech guys recognised me and was about to mention my involvement with Boards when a swift kick to the knee shut him up!

I've had a couple of other situations when its arisen awkwardly too but I wont go into those :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Hang on.....people who post on bulletian boards are now considered cool?

Score.....

No, I wouldn't out anyone, I'd laugh and probably talk to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Outing them would be technically outing yourself (i.e that you use internet forums regularly), which is something I certainly wouldn't do.

Don't forget now;
    The first rule of Boards is don't talk about Boards.
    The second rule of Boards is don't talk about Boards
    etc.

Except at Boards events.

Ah yes but DeVore being outed is kinda different to some little geek lording it over everyone and talking about how many chicks they are fighting off and how everyone is an assh*le except them being outed.

Windsock you are quite obsessed. If you really really want me to be a man as much as you seem to I can give it a go. Not sure about my lack of equipment but where theres a will... Shall we say midnight at Pont Neuf? I'll be waving a newspaper with carnations in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ah yes but DeVore being outed is kinda different to some little geek lording it over everyone and talking about how many chicks they are fighting off and how everyone is an assh*le except them being outed.

Windsock you are quite obsessed. If you really really want me to be a man as much as you seem to I can give it a go. Not sure about my lack of equipment but where theres a will... Shall we say midnight at Pont Neuf? I'll be waving a newspaper with carnations in my eyes.

Isn't Windsock the one-legged, albino pygmy with a lazy eye and a stutter?

Ah go for it, lfe's too short to worry about insignificances!

• Advertisement

... Shall we say midnight at Pont Neuf? I'll be waving a newspaper with carnations in my eyes.

Yess. Erm code sentance is I like to bite off kittens heads and use their whiskers as dental floss.
    Isn't Windsock the one-legged, albino pygmy with a lazy eye and a stutter?

Wrong! I have a lisph.

Advertisement