Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manly Injuries

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ruthiedv

smashey wrote: »

I now have a nice 's' shaped scar as proof and I will not be posting a pic.

How can you possibly see a scar on one of those things, they're all wrinkly anyway:D
    You'll just have to post a pic to show us;)

It sounds kinda like my fella's vasectomy which he would be only too happy to describe in all its glory if he weren't so busy...shame eh:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Couple of footballing ones from when I was younger.

Playing a tribute match for one of our players who drowned against a local club. Things started getting a bit hairy and I ended up on the ground. Someone came in and stamped on my face, the stud of their boot wedged in at the side of my ear canal where the jaw connects to the skull. Riot broke out and game abandoned. Couldn't open my mouth for ages.

Playing in the Leinsters colleges against some team from Dublin. Ended up on the ground and some ****wit stamped me in the groin. Knob was black and blue for ages, hurt to piss and couldn't even have a **** :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Brother(ette?) smashey, that was a horrible story.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

DesF wrote: »
    Brother(ette?) smashey, that was a horrible story.
    Des, I'm all brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

jester77 wrote: »
    Knob was black and blue for ages, hurt to piss and couldn't even have a **** :(

Bloody hell..........I'm glad you did'nt post any pics :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Fell off the bannisters as a kid pretending to be Colt Seavers,The Fall Guy. Broke my arm.

Out cycling one day and cycled into the back of a car, broke front tooth.

living in Italy about 8 years ago and out on the lash one night, one of the lads tripped and bumped me. Stumbled down about 10 of those old rough hewn stone steps. Stood up and thought i was ok. Woke up the next morning with my ankle ballooned up, black and blue everywhere. On crutches for a month.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The only time I've given myself a decent injury whilst drinking was on the way down to the beach with a bottle of brandy in my hand. I was in an advanced state of refreshment from a long session and my foot slipped in the rocks.

I twisted knee ligaments and fell flat on my face, thus giving a rather fetching black eye.

I never spilled a drop.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Robbo wrote: »
    I never spilled a drop.

Bravo Brother Robbo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Robbo wrote: »

I never spilled a drop.

*quake voice* modlike ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Drunken dancing like a lunatic has resulted in my right knee-cap travelling two inches to the right on five separate occassions. The first time was in Whelans, to Here Comes Your Man by the Pixies. Absolute agony; ambulance, ice, etc. The second time was in Bakers Corner, to Bulls on Parade by Rage. Ice, taxi home. The third time was in Whelans again, to Killing in the Name again by Rage. I saw down for about ten minutes and got up dancing again! It was like for the subsequent ones too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

v sore!:)

wound!!.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

my prob now is i got arthritis, and i can barely walk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

mox54 wrote: »
    v sore!:)

wound!!.JPG

Thats what happens when you tell your crazy girlfriend to "speak to the hand"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Dun laoire wrote: »
    Thats what happens when you tell your crazy girlfriend to "speak to the hand"
    That was no wimmin bite!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Just remembered this after smashey's story

Was out one bank holiday Saturday after been drinking since the afternoon that day. Was in a horribly drunk, yet horny state by the time we went to the nightclub. Went out to 'work my magic' on the dance floor, and pulled some random girl, who then dragged me outside and up an alleyway, and proceeded to 'feel nuts' and pet the snake, etc. After I somehow got rid of her and met up with my mates again, we all went to the local Supermac's, where I decided to take a piss. While standing at the urinal, I noticed my white t-shirt had some blood stains on it, but I assumed it was ketchup.

Woke up the next morning and Mini LordChessington was feeling quite sore. Stumbled to the bathroom, went for a piss, and noticed there was quite a lot of blood there. After a highly confusing, yet panicky clean up of the area, I found the source of said blood. An elongated graze from the 'eye' down the side of the top was the answer. It didn't stop bleeding for a few days, as I was unsure how to treat it.

Well, met the girl out the following night... Well, she met me, as I hadn't a clue of what she looked like, as I was so sh1tfaced. Well, she had a crazy massive jagged ring on her finger, which I assume is to blame for my injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I have a scar on my chest from when someone tried to murder me via a stabbing.

Luckily I have a concave ribcage so none of my internal organs were ruptured. I tend to heal up pretty well, so the scar isn't overly impressive unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

got a spike from one of those security fences through the palm. goalie in a soccer match-dodgy slide tackle- fractured elbow and forearm played last twenty mins with only one working arm tankfully it didnt go to penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Slightly crunchy pelvis after a sub-genius decide to turn right while looking left creaming me and my bike!

pelvis-2_cr.jpg

Still bloody sore and makes airports and Hodges Figis at christmas interesting!

On the plus side reading certain books while on morphine lead to interesting visions, with the bonus that most of those books seem to end completely differently now!

Advertisement