Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite food after a nights drinking?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

anybody ever go the manhattan on the south circular? lovely. the gigs on richmond street, now thats another story

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DesF wrote: »
    QFT, they do a great Thai Red, and also, their Duck dishes are quality.

Oh yes and the best curry fried rice around. When I worked on Grafton Street I was a regular. Coupled with a good night out I could often have Charlie's twice in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

anybody ever go the manhattan on the south circular? lovely.

yea that place is class after a night on the booze.
    Otherwise a Ricks Burgers on dame st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Rick's burgers rock. I also love sausage sandwiches with ketchup and 3 cups of tea but that's for the morning after.
    My fave is a nice chicken burger or BK big king burger

nyom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Was in Edinburgh on the weekend and no food establishments were open at 3/4am, except for a bakery :eek: And all they had was meat pies... so had a turkey pie and a steak pie.

Edinburgh is cool but cruel man. That takeaways sell Jack Daniels but the close early. Pitchers ftw though!

For me, after a few hours solid drinking you can't beat a subway.

****ing yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Cheese burger and a cheese & mushroom chip out of Spuds (Belfast).

Nothing hits the spot like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Mmm....

Garlic Cheese chips, a normal bag of chips, a hamburger or a chicek fillet burger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Manhattan or gigs place breakfast at 3 or 4 in the morning after quaffing pints for hours and then rashers sausages runny eggs toast and a pot of feckin T E A.

Life Just doesn't get any bettter and then you feel super when you wake up feckin super and you have already had breakfast so the sleep in is bonus round

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Love a cheese burger but dont do it very often!

Tea and toast when I get home is good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mimi3637

Best 4am food is chips cheese and beans from the best chippie called Corfu in Dundee.

Best hangover cure is day old 4 lights (sligo only) hamburgers with just ketchup nuked in the microwave until piping hot and a glass of milk to line your bellies. delish!

hungry now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Mine is definitly Taco Fries and Donor Kebab from Abrakebabra.

Might just have a few tonight just to get me in the mood for it!! It never tastes as nice though without the few pints beforehand!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

Anything from Charlies in Westmoreland St hits the spot after a night on the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Subway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Whatevers left in the fridge that hasn't got hair on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Malteaser! wrote: »
    Charlies on Westmoreland Street, the one in Temple Bar is always messy busy at 2/2.30am.

There's a Charlie's in Temple Bar? Never seen it, only saw one in Westmoreland street and one near Dame Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

A nice juicy kebab :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    There's a Charlie's in Temple Bar? Never seen it, only saw one in Westmoreland street and one near Dame Street.

There are 4 Charlies.

1. Beside Bad Bobs.
    2. Dame Street.
    3. Westmoreland St.
    4. George's St, oppoiste The George

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Im eating healthy at the moment and have managed to stay away from fast food on nights out for the last while but before I changed my habits I was very partial to a chicken shish kebab from Zaytoon or a chicken burger and garlic cheese fries from The Harcourt Diner. Eddie Rockets can be the business when drunk too. Wing sauce all over your face when you wake up the next day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

If i'm out with the 'upmarket' crew we head to Eddie Rockets, usually get Buffalo wings and a half fries half onion rings, large coke, maybe a double burger instead of wings sometimes. If i'm around Rathmines with the crew that drink around there we usually go to Rico's in Portobello, don't even know what that tastes like though to be honest, never had it sober. If it's summer and i'm drinking til the next morning i usually wait for the local Londis or whatever to open and get fresh warm croissants with butter and a strong coffee, that's the best of all. Only thing is if you stay up that late you usually get totally fúcked up and have to interact with people who are just starting their day. actually that gives me an idea for a thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Junior box with a breast, curry sauce and a half pounder with cheese and mustard.

Failing that, a 4 in 1 from the red house (fried rice, chips, curry sauce and two chicken balls).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ah, this thread is making me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Tea and toast if I go home straight away after pub/club. (Would much perfer if there was cold pizza waiting for me tho!) If im hanging around after pub/club with my friends and the like, chicken burger from chipper goes down very well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

Doner Meat and Chip from The Istanbul mmmmmmmmmmmm

Couldnt have it that often though, heart attack in a box

halfinch wrote: »
    Doner Meat and Chip from The Istanbul mmmmmmmmmmmm

Couldnt have it that often though, heart attack in a box

Nah from Iskanders, Much better quality and worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I once ate 9 cans of ravioli when I was drunk as fu*k. I ate the first three cans so they don't count. I burned the next two cans. And then i kept eating. I'm ashamed of myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Howie Burger, now THATS a heart attack on a bun!

I once ate 9 cans of ravioli when I was drunk as fu*k. I ate the first three cans so they don't count. I burned the next two cans. And then i kept eating. I'm ashamed of myself.

You fat fcuk.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

taco fries, sorry but i'm weak and impressionable:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Anything from the Charcoal grill in Galway. They do this thing where they put the kebab meat and salad on top of your chips. Yum:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Davei141 wrote: »
    Howie Burger, now THATS a heart attack on a bun!

Are you from Ballymun?

The Macari there is the only chipper I've ever seen that calls them a howie burger.

It's called a wurly burger!

Advertisement