Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tree

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but does anyone have the phone no. for this place/is it open for this year?

Thanks.

unfortunately i dont have their number but iv been going here for the past 6 to 7 years and judging by the amount of trees they had last year, i cant see them not doing it this year. It really is the best and most fun way to find a tree esp if you have younger kids. As said in previous years, the staff are also very friendly. Free lolypops too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

unfortunately i dont have their number but iv been going here for the past 6 to 7 years and judging by the amount of trees they had last year, i cant see them not doing it this year. It really is the best and most fun way to find a tree esp if you have younger kids. As said in previous years, the staff are also very friendly. Free lolypops too :D

I'm sold so!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

I'm sold so!:D

I called Rolestown Garden centre today in an attempt to get a contact number for Wades. Lady says she heard a rumour that Wades wouldn't be operating this year. Any truth to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I called Rolestown Garden centre today in an attempt to get a contact number for Wades. Lady says she heard a rumour that Wades wouldn't be operating this year. Any truth to this?

dunno, but Rolestown Garden center must have lost a fair whack of trade to wades over the years, so....y'know.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

tbh wrote: »

dunno, but Rolestown Garden center must have lost a fair whack of trade to wades over the years, so....y'know.

I hear ya. Will someone post if they've been down to Wades this year?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 emerlorraine

Drove past wades yesterday and no sign of it being open yet. I'm
    Hoping it will by the weekend. Still a bit early maybe (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Just a quick update regarding Wades Christmas Tree Farm...it's very much open!!! We were out there today, got 2 gorgeous trees and they were only €35 each. Kids had a great time! Loads to choose from and the guy was really friendly! And the kids got their lollies!!!

New spot for us from now on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

€35 seems a reasonable(ish) price. I enquired with two traders selling trees in the town and the lowest price seems €40(with out a stand) upwards to €60. Seems a wee pricy considering the climate.
    Or am I a grinch!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

I think €35 was very cheap - my mam usually pays in and around €50 - €60 for her tree! They are fab trees too!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Julianstown on a saturday morning side of the road, thats my dad who sells veg etc from the tractor! he's got loads of trees for sale, think its 45 euro but comes with a stand, ill confirm the price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Went to Wades today (Sat) around 2pm, and was a little disappointed not to be able to find a tree. Spent 1 hour searching with the family. I think we left it too late this year for this option, as a lot of others seemed also to leave empty handed. Yet there were 1 or 2 trees chosed,but they were either very tall, or too small. Nothing in between. Headed to Jones in Donabate, and bought a medium one for EUR50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Went to Wades today (Sat) around 2pm, and was a little disappointed not to be able to find a tree. Spent 1 hour searching with the family. I think we left it too late this year for this option, as a lot of others seemed also to leave empty handed. Yet there were 1 or 2 trees chosed,but they were either very tall, or too small. Nothing in between. Headed to Jones in Donabate, and bought a medium one for EUR50.

Negative comments in the Garden forum too about the standard of trees in Wades this year.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Khannie wrote: »
    There's a guy between skerries and lusk who does trees for around 25 euro (from memory), delivered to your house. We got one of them last year. Couldn't be happier with how it went to be honest.

Here's a google maps link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=53.555147,-6.159124&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=14&sll=53.553006,-6.144619&sspn=0.039619,0.103941&ie=UTF8&z=14

We got ours here again this year. 35 euro. Didn't have a massive selection, but we got a good one within minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

We got a good one in Flower Power in Barnagheera. Mrs Billy picked it out during the week so I can't comment on the overall selection of trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Rashers72 wrote: »

Went to Wades myself with my two children. They had a great time running through the muck looking for trees but unfortunately I couldn't find a suitable tree either. There was plenty of trees there just none that I liked. In the end I got a nice medium sized tree from Woddies for €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭keithrus

Does anyone have a contact number for this person on the skerries road?? or a name?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭aledoux

Any good spot to find some this year around Rush. Doesn't seem to be as many shop selling trees this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I'd say Ikea is probably as good an option as anywhere if you're prepared to wait until this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

seagull wrote: »
    I'd say Ikea is probably as good an option as anywhere if you're prepared to wait until this weekend.

30 quid for medium trees in ikea today. Wanted something a bit bigger and got a monster off a guy in killalane for 35, he had trees for 20 that were about the same size as ikea trees

30 quid for medium trees in ikea today. Wanted something a bit bigger and got a monster off a guy in killalane for 35, he had trees for 20 that were about the same size as ikea trees
    Nearer Balcunnin, signposted on the Skerries road

• Advertisement

Nearer Balcunnin, signposted on the Skerries road

seagull wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭thegrowreport

A new spot for Xmas trees has opened up at the carpark in the new Lusk Utd football ground on the Lusk Relief road (opposite Lusk Village - close to the new secondary school).
    Has got a good selection available starting at 35 euro. We got a lovely one which was priced at 50 euro but he gave it to us for 45.

They do a free delivery service as well. Also offered to come and collect them on the 6th Jan for 5 euro if required!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Anyone seen any quite small trees - maybe a metre high but real?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

A guy on the main street of Balbriggan had them the other day. He was in the parking area in front of the dry cleaners, there is a new vegetable stall/shop there as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I got one yesterday in superquinn for €20! It's in a pot, almost like a bush rather than a tree, but perfect for my little space. I'll be sending it to my parents' garden in January. Needles were very spiky though. I actually wore gloves while decorating.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement