Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tree

Options
  • 04-12-2007 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi all,

Going to get a Crimbo tree tonight ,
    just wondering if anyones knows a good place to buy a real tree near Skerries?

Thanks

ocj:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Bit late in responding (I've been board-less for the past week), but the chap down by the laundrette at Dowling's Corner has good quality trees for €40 & he delivers FOC (AFAIK).

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

Thanks for the reply Hill Billy,

i got one that day in the garden center on the Skerries side of Lusk.
    Nice big tree it takes up a good bit of room , but hay! It's Christmas.

:D:D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

just following on from this, and maybe to give a heads up for next year, as i realise most people will have theirs by now - I went out to a Christmas Tree farm near Rolestown in Swords and I have to say - it was excellent. When we got out of the car, the owner came over and shook hands with us - always a sign of someone who is proud of their business. You go wandering off, pick out your tree, and they come and cut it down and trim it, get it ready for the stand etc. Very reasonable prices too. I swear I've no affinity with this place at all - can't even remember the name, but it's a great little business and deserves a bit of success. First left after The Rolestown Inn (or Kettles as it's called now) and follow the signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

B & Q Airside are selling nice trees for a reasonable price.I got a beauty yesterday for €28.It wasn't a large tree,about 5,11 but they have larger ones for €38.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

tbh wrote: »
    just following on from this, and maybe to give a heads up for next year, as i realise most people will have theirs by now - I went out to a Christmas Tree farm near Rolestown in Swords and I have to say - it was excellent. When we got out of the car, the owner came over and shook hands with us - always a sign of someone who is proud of their business. You go wandering off, pick out your tree, and they come and cut it down and trim it, get it ready for the stand etc. Very reasonable prices too. I swear I've no affinity with this place at all - can't even remember the name, but it's a great little business and deserves a bit of success. First left after The Rolestown Inn (or Kettles as it's called now) and follow the signs.
    @Tbh ... how do you get to the place in Rolestown? Do they have smaller ones (about 4foot?) - because we're thinking of having a smaller tree this year so it doesn't take up the whole living room :).

Thanks

• Advertisement

hey FB -

If you drive along the Rathbeale road (so that JC's/dunnes is on your right), keep following that road down past the turn-off for Applewood, through the lights and out into the country. Keep going straight, and you'll see a big pub (called Kettles, used to be the Rollestown Inn) on your left. The farm is the next left after the pub (you'll see the signs). There is a garden center first, you go past that - it's well sign posted anyway.

They have a section of trees that were planted just last year, it was getting dark when we were there, but I saw trees from 1 foot to about 16 feet.

If you need any more directions, feel free to drop me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Great stuff - Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Would like to go here, Do they open late? How much was your tree?
    Any Name phone number?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

That place is only 10mins from me... Will be heading down in the morning, will post a name n number when I get home...

egan007 wrote: »
    Would like to go here, Do they open late? How much was your tree?
    Any Name phone number?

we went down at about 7pm last sat, still going - tree was 30, stand 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

All tree's are €30 from what I could see.... Prob more if its one of the really big ones. Went out earlier and I'd highly recommend it. Guys that work there are dead sound, had a chat with the owner about boards, he said he'd had a few people out that had mentioned it. Its a great way to get a tree, would be great for kids n that... They have 100's of trees left, loads of different varieties... Bring some warm clothes as its a bit chilly out, we spent about 30 mins walking around...

Cheers TBH, you've just started a Christmas tradition.... Will deffo be back next year.

It's great to see an honest, decent irish business getting raved about - everyone I know that has been there has had a really positive experience - and funny, I was thinking it'll be a real christmas tradition from now on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Yrthilian

hey just found this post

is this place still around?
    if so can someone give directions to it
    or a google map point for it.

As i dont know that area at all.

thanks

Yrthilian wrote: »
    hey just found this post

is this place still around?
    if so can someone give directions to it
    or a google map point for it.

As i dont know that area at all.

thanks

not sure if it's still around - I'm heading out this weekend tho, will let you know. Let me see if I can find a map.

tbh wrote: »
    not sure if it's still around - I'm heading out this weekend tho, will let you know. Let me see if I can find a map.

Have a look on google maps for "Kettles Pub Rolestown" and follow the directions below from there.

If you drive along the Rathbeale road (so that JC's/dunnes is on your right), keep following that road down past the turn-off for Applewood, through the lights and out into the country. Keep going straight, and you'll see a big pub (called Kettles, used to be the Rollestown Inn) on your left. The farm is the next left after the pub (you'll see the signs). There is a garden center first, you go past that - it's well sign posted anyway.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Fingers crossed they're still there, I'll be heading out this Sat too to check so i'll let yis know.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

If it's still there I'll give it a lash. Don't forget to report back Ginny! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

anyone know of a plan B just in case?

anyone know of a plan B just in case?

What area/town are you thinking of?

In & around Skerries there are Christmas trees usually on sale at Dowling's corner, beside Keane's Bus Bar on Thomas Hand Street, at Murtagh's Nurseries (can't remember the proper name) in Barnageeragh, Skerries Hardware (also on Thomas Hand Street) & also on the road from Balcunnin (on the main Skerries/Lusk road) to Man O' War.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Bird of Paradise
    Main Street
    Rush

Famed for its flowers and Vegatables. This shop has a great Christmas feel to it and usually have very good trees and they will deliver them for you also. They also have big box's of tree decorations and you just pick what you want. Fresh Veg straight from the fields. It really feel like christmas when you go in there, after the 8th of December.
    Your 1 stop shop for Christmas. No I dont work there but buy a lot of stuff there and its good value.

Could not believe the amount of houses that have tree up already, a bit early?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

There are some guys I know going to sell Christmas Trees at the corner of the BUS BAR, 4th DEC - onwards, ALL TREES 35 EURO - 1 Euro from each tree being donated to ISPCC…

I am not involved but I do get my tree from them most years.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Always get mine in Skerries Hardware on Thomas Street. Always have a good selection and they deliver too.

Christmas tree farm near kettles is open, its the first left after Kettles, past the Rolestown garden center, it's called Wades Christmas tree farm.
    All trees are €30, staff are so friendly and happy, wear wellies and waterproof gear as it's quite wet and muddy, kids will love it!!
    We got the biggest tree in the world, its fantastic.

Thanks Ginny. I'll probably head up there tomorrow so.

I saw a sign as I was driving towards lusk (from Skerries) today for trees for 25 euro with free delivery. I'm guessing that's "from 25" euro.

Lads and lassies its nearly that time of the year again, is wades open again this year??

Just a word of warning - no advertising or shilling.

Recommendations from regular DCN posters are welcome.

Ho-Ho-Ho!

HB

There's a guy between skerries and lusk who does trees for around 25 euro (from memory), delivered to your house. We got one of them last year. Couldn't be happier with how it went to be honest.

Here's a google maps link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=53.555147,-6.159124&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=14&sll=53.553006,-6.144619&sspn=0.039619,0.103941&ie=UTF8&z=14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

the cobwebs have really been blown off this thread.

christmas trees before december :eek:

there is an online shop that delivers trees. ( not sure i can say any more without it being an advertisment) its in "dublin" and its a "christmas shop"

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

The 23rd of November and we're talking Christmas Trees..... :confused:

I'd hate to see what they'd look like on 25th Dec!! :eek:

Even Brian Cowan wouldn't try and sell us that :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Ginny wrote: »
    Christmas tree farm near kettles is open, its the first left after Kettles, past the Rolestown garden center, it's called Wades Christmas tree farm.
    All trees are €30, staff are so friendly and happy, wear wellies and waterproof gear as it's quite wet and muddy, kids will love it!!
    We got the biggest tree in the world, its fantastic.

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but does anyone have the phone no. for this place/is it open for this year?

Thanks.

Advertisement