Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacWorld 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the tension is killing me. i've an exam at 2PM, and i'll need to know what new macbook pro i'm buying :D (if they update)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The homepage is after changing to invite customers to watch on the page.

Interesting tagline, "There's something in the air." Wireless? TV? Machine name? Damn, so many possibilities :)

Interesting tagline, "There's something in the air." Wireless? TV? Machine name? Damn, so many possibilities :)

i actually have the keynote here.

it's an invisible mac. it's actually 100x more powerful then the most powerful supercomputers in the world. all of them. together.

only €2500...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Maybe jobes blew off.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

i've an exam at 2PM, and i'll need to know what new macbook pro i'm buying :D (if they update)

Students with MBPs! Pish! Dya ever hear the likes of it. In my day a pencil and a ruler if we were lucky! Kids today eh!

So... who is super super excited then? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

They made time machine real. No need for an external hard disk anymore, it actually travels back in time. Using a new Intel Chipset, goodbye Centrino hello Intel TARDIS.

The internet is gonna get slow when that broadcast is turned on. Can't wait, I know someone going to that states next week so all I need is something for my shopping list. Come on Steve!

440Hz wrote: »
    Students with MBPs! Pish! Dya ever hear the likes of it. In my day a pencil and a ruler if we were lucky! Kids today eh!

fine, mod of the mac forum, i'll go off to laptops. HP pavilion, here i come :D

(i keed i keed, i want something i want and will make good use of)

*raises hand*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

You forgot the red Bic pen. We had to draw the lines with a red pen. It is really not that long ago and yet it is, scary. Well it only seems like yesterday.

But if some super super computer is coming to the world i am going to get it. I will give my current computer away to one of my brothers. It is killing me too the wait for this mac world. I reckon something big will come. I was playing football tonight and a few times during the game mac world jumped into my mind. Christ.

OR maybe we will all be let down. Maybe we are expecting a lot. well ...... i do not think that is likely. We are in for a treat. It was only while playing football earlier that this Mac World thing really hit me.

Im bloody hoping nothing big comes along! My spending for this year is well and truly over lol! Whatever about thinking about MacWorld when you were playing football, I should have been thinking about it when I traded the car, traded the camera and bought a ridiculously over-priced DAB last week! haha! Ahhhh crap, no MacTreats for me :( Oh and the minor issue of needing to find somewhere to live! :eek: Arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I'm really starting to think that something that noone will be prepared for will be announced and will leave us about stunned. I also was offered a job today that will require moderate video editing so now might need (:p) a MBP. Bah, can't wait no moar!

• Advertisement

Gonna be AFK for the day, but enjoy the excitement and catch ye all later. Be good now ;)

Oh and the minor issue of needing to find somewhere to live! :eek: Arse

you can live inside the new mac pro!
    Gonna be AFK for the day, but enjoy the excitement and catch ye all later. Be good now ;)

UPRISING

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

UPRISING

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Looking forward to this, MacWorld keynote is in... 6 hours, 10 min,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'm a lot more excited about this than I should be, seeing as I only started using a Mac last Wednesday.

The suspense! :F

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

More rumours flying around!

http://laughingsquid.com/flying-macbook-pro-to-be-announced-at-macworld/
    It all makes sense. We’ve all been expecting the MacBook Pro line to get a radical overhaul this year. While Apple was busy spreading misinformation about an ultra-slim notebook they were secretly putting the finishing touches on the new MacBook Pro’s dilithium crystal-powered nano warp drives. Insiders close to Apple have revealed that although the new notebooks are theoretically capable of Warp 9 speed, Apple will be artificially clamping speeds at Warp 1 for the initial run. We have, however, learned that Philip Torrone and his elite Make ninjas are close to perfecting a trans-dimensional time machine which they plan to use to go back in time, hack the new MacBook Pros before release to remove the restriction and create the world’s first pre-hacked product release in the process (good luck guys!)

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

here are 5 reasons why Chris Pirillo is not going to mac world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWXVJI2Y0Jc

how true this is can be decided by yourself, but here's what wired apparently has info on. looks awesome, but still not a replacement for the MBP.. naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

So, is this streaming live from apple.com?

I get off work at 4, home and comfy by 5 to watch the proceedings :)

(What will you be doing?)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No live stream. The video will be uploaded by Apple several hours later. But there'll be live updates with pics at macrumors as always. I usually read them via IRC, the chat channel is always a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

triple h wrote: »
    here are 5 reasons why Chris Pirillo is not going to mac world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWXVJI2Y0Jc

All we need now is one good reason to watch the jumped up twat, or give a monumental for what he thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭dubmick

No live stream. The video will be uploaded by Apple several hours later. But there'll be live updates with pics at macrumors as always. I usually read them via IRC, the chat channel is always a laugh.

could you recommend a good irc client?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

colloquy not the right spelling though.

I think last years Engadget feed was meh, might stick with macrumors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

yeah macrumours is the best of the blog sites, i've used them for the last couple of events.

adam

Well, there goes the store.....

title_backsoon1.gif

Ah.. memories of when the Touch was released.. spending an hour trying to order it when the store came back online.

how true this is can be decided by yourself, but here's what wired apparently has info on. looks awesome, but still not a replacement for the MBP.. naturally.

:eek:I hope that's not it, I'd have to explain to people why my laptop looks anorexic.

I think it looks pants... Bit too thin...

Id like a macbook like my woman, something to hold onto and comes with boobs...

Hrm, imagine the cost factor. I've 2.5k saved up for this (not going to use it all) and have mentally set my limit at 1.8k.

• Advertisement

Well im heading to the NYC on fri so hopefully whatever it is will be in stock..... So I can at least play it, if not buy it...

Advertisement