Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breast enlargemnent on medical card??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

are you actually for real? medical cards are to be used for actual medical problems!! Not to enhance your appearance, if your are unhappy then save up and pay for it yourself and dont expect other people to pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I think the money would be better spent on phsychological treatment to get to the root of the problem rather than bigger tits and new shoes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

christ, free breast implants because of emotional stress

the very IDEA makes my blood boil!!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Seraphina wrote: »
    christ, free breast implants because of emotional stress

the very IDEA makes my blood boil!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Well if your boiling blood causes you stress and makes you emotionally vulnerable I'm sure your Medical Card will sort it all out for you.

Back OT now, I think it absurd that anyone would have their breasts enlarged at a cost to the State. Buy yourself a padded bra and that will do you fine. Also no risk from an operation either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

Gees the girl was only askin a question...

And the state are paying for a hell of alot more absord things than breast enlargements....!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

I think it's a disgrace the NHS is paying for boob jobs etc. yet some people are being refused certain cancer treatments because they're too expensive.:mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I think the money would be better spent on phsychological treatment to get to the root of the problem rather than bigger tits and new shoes...

Yeah. Seriously if you're going to top yourself because your titties aren't big enough you need to be sectioned.

If you really want them, get a blasted job and save up.

(This is not aimed at OP by the way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mattyboy20

Absolutely no way will the Irish government give u new tits for free-and it's a disgrace that the NHS do. Just save up yourself-spend less money on drinking or whatever....!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 animal79

Don't go all mad on me now please. I am wondering if they do breast reduction on the medical card. Before ye all say how big can they be I am a size 12 5ft 4in and size 38 k. I really hate my breasts:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

You can get a reduction, because big giant boobs can cause medical problems, sore back etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

how about a font size reduction to go with the breasts :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

animal79 wrote: »
    Don't go all mad on me now please. I am wondering if they do breast reduction on the medical card. Before ye all say how big can they be I am a size 12 5ft 4in and size 38 k. I really hate my breasts:o
    I don't know, but reducing font is free.

If you hate them so much, why don't you PAY to have them reduced? You know, save? Rather than have me pay for it

Have you tried losing weight? You're obviously not small if you have 38k breasts at 5'4?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

can i get my moobs done?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Have you tried losing weight? You're obviously not small if you have 38k breasts at 5'4?

She posted that she is a size 12 - that's not massive by any stretch of the imagination so weight loss probably won't help much at all with reducing the boob size (and a cupsize K is pretty large, and therefore probably creating massive back problems).

Reductions are sometimes a medical neccessity, enlargements are definitely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

honestly i would not feel happy about paying for your boob job.

there's plenty about my body i don't like. but if i hated anything so much i'd want surgery, i wouldn't expect an almost bankrupt country to foot the bill.

echosound wrote: »
    She posted that she is a size 12 - that's not massive by any stretch of the imagination so weight loss probably won't help much at all with reducing the boob size (and a cupsize K is pretty large, and therefore probably creating massive back problems).

Reductions are sometimes a medical neccessity, enlargements are definitely not.
    That's fine, she can pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Fugly

Wow, talk about feeling the love in this thread:rolleyes:.

I understand how our taxes are spent are a concern to us all. However I like how you all dismiss the OP's feelings, she may not simply be as "vain" as you regard her.
    Yes there will be ppl who screw the system, but if a doc. thinks it's in the girls best health (mental is just as important) to recieve that form of treatment then IMO so be it.
    Are you all going to complain about overweight people with depression given "slimming pills" on the medical card and say "why don't they just stop eating", "I'm not paying my taxes for them to get the slimming pill while I'm unhappy with my weight".

There's a large difference between being unhappy with your looks, and being so severely insecure/clinically depressed that a doc recommends surgery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

People also need to stop running their mouths off when they don't even understand bra sizes and how breasts work.

A 38 band does not mean a lady is fat.
    You can't shrink large breasts down to a more comfortable size just by exercising.
    Size K breasts are rare and EXTREMELY unlikely to be caused by being overweight.
    Size K breasts are also large enough to cause someone a severe amount of discomfort and persisting health problems.

Anyone who thinks that reductions are just about vanity needs to check themself.

Gauge wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks that reductions are just about vanity needs to check themself.

Who said otherwise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

uberwolf wrote: »
    the below image is to demonstrate that are massively attractive woman out there sans chest (Kate Hudson btw).

I really struggle to see how a problem with boob size should be paid for by the tax payer. It's a social problem, not a medical one IMO.

kate_hudson_bikini_jelly.jpg

Imagine how much more attractive she'd be though if she had the chest of a woman instead of a young boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭damienmcd

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Look where you posted! 'Fashion & Appearance', where is the medical issue?

Ridiculous posting in here!

If you're that worried about "emotional stress" from having small breasts then walk around town and look at the disabilities / abnormalities that some people are living with.

I watched a documentary on the Special Olympics a couple of months ago and despite the hardships some of the athletes have had to endure they have a smile on their faces. Now can you tell me that if someone with Down's Syndrome can have a smile on their face and be happy with their life that you should have a breast enhancement to make you happy?

Get your head checked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 soccerprom

nm wrote: »
    Imagine how much more attractive she'd be though if she had the chest of a woman instead of a young boy.
    I agreed, it does matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

nm wrote: »

More attractive to you maybe but not everyone is all about the boobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Dave! wrote: »
    A relative of mine works in a doctors clinic and told me that 2 patients got free breast implants because they threatened to commit suicide. It appears it can be done, if there are no depths to which you will stoop.

They should have been treated for depression then not given a boob job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

kizzyr wrote: »
    More attractive to you maybe but not everyone is all about the boobs.

"All about"?? She has NOTHING.

I mean I dont know if its just a case of a trend in this particular forum or if boobs are suddenly un-pc with you lot or if youre trying to spare feelings or what, but the fact is (yes FACT) that the vast majority of men (not ALL men but yes the vast majority) will find a woman with breasts a lot more attractive that a woman with no breasts whatsoever.
    That doesnt mean that they have to be huge, or that these men are 'all about the boobs' but boobs are one of the things that make women... womenly, if you get me. Without them you look less womenly and usually therefore less attractive to men.

Im not saying there isnt all sorts of exceptions, or that flat women arent attractive, they can be and are, but given the choice between nothing and something it is pretty obvious what most peoples preference would be.

Thats not me being blunt either I mean its totally obvious, I dont know why no one is saying it. If i was a woman with no tits at all I would definately be suffering from 'emotional stress' on some level about it, and all the down's syndrome/abnormality/disabled people in the world wouldnt make a blind bit of difference to how i felt about my own self. What the hell do they have to do with it? Theres always someone worse off then you somewhere out there, doesnt mean you shouldnt try to improve your own personal situation as you see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think this thread is done. It was bumped after a year. If anyone wants to start a thread regarding this issue again you may do so but less of the bickering.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement