Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breast enlargemnent on medical card??

Options
  • 03-12-2007 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

do ireland do a similar job to the NHS in the UK?
    The NHS will give you a boob job if you are emotionally stressed with the size of your breasts and it really effects you etc..
    ive tried googling and cant find anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

you can barely get orthodontic treatment on the medical card never mind

breast enlargement!

:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

the below image is to demonstrate that are massively attractive woman out there sans chest (Kate Hudson btw).

I really struggle to see how a problem with boob size should be paid for by the tax payer. It's a social problem, not a medical one IMO.

kate_hudson_bikini_jelly.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

nope, not a chance!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

tit's a great and all, but a good looking chick is a good looking chick whatever the size of her tits.

try to keep the ass under control though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Ahhhh watch out for the jelly fish there Kate! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Dream on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Misticles wrote: »
    The NHS will give you a boob job if you are emotionally stressed with the size of your breasts and it really effects you etc..

Look where you posted! 'Fashion & Appearance', where is the medical issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Ehh.. definetly not

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

ahhh go easy on the girl, she was only asking, i know its a cheeky thing to do but if some healthcare systems set a precedent...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Look where you posted! 'Fashion & Appearance', where is the medical issue?

erm.. Appearnace!!! thats to do with how u look!! breasts are a factor of that!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

erm.. Appearnace!!! thats to do with how u look!! breasts are a factor of that!! :)

I think you missed my point. You have treated it as a fashion/appearance issue rather than a medical issue. So why should the state pay for a fashion accessory. If thats the case, I want a diamond fitted to my 3rd molar on the medical card... ...and some Mark Jacob jeans....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The NHS will give you a boob job if you are emotionally stressed with the size of your breasts and it really effects you

Maybe the NHS should explore the possibility of funding brain enlargements too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

hmmm....no. you cant get breast enlargements on the medical card...

and using the "emotionally stressed" excuse? eh doubt it....i'd say even if you wanted a breast reduction because of back pain etc..you'd find it hard to get it on the medical card..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well, you could argue that it would be improving society to have more girls with big breasts walking arouns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I'd say not a chance in hell of getting one.

Emotional stress because your boobs are too small? pleaseeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

in defense of the Op the NHS do fund breast enlargements and reductions free in the UK usually where theres emotional distress (one boob much bigger than the other, back pain from big boobs etc). They also seem to have a phase over there at teh mo with obese people looking for free gastric bands or for surgery to remove excess fat after slimming.

no such luck over here. Im on BUPA who wont even give me back half the spineologists fees (not a chiropractor is the reason apparantly).

to be honest I would class things such as laser eye surgery as necessary surgery way ahead of breast enlargements. Padded gel bras are €6 from penneys and they are excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Padded gel bras are €6 from penneys and they are excellent!

I don't think you can get them on the medical card either.

I can't believe that the NHS actually pay for boob jobs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

going under the knife to appear attractive to men is ultimate subservience its the end of female liberation dont do it! i have small boobs too do you really want to pay some guy to cut you up stuff you with plastic?
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

What if shes a lesbian ?

Oh, oh, what if she is a he, and he's going for the Marilyn Manson look ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jen107

you can get a breast reduction on ur medical card if you have a good reason, and not just to look better. if you suffer with back problems and other stuff you can get it done.
    i know of a person that had it done.
    and you can get a breast enlargement too, if you are self confidant about them and are emontially stressed. i know a girl got this done too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Jeebus wrote: »
    Oh, oh, what if she is a he, and he's going for the Marilyn Manson look ?

would that not come under sex reassignment surgery?

I'd be really pissed off if my taxes were paying for boob enlargemments - reductions I could understand due to the back pain but going bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

that should only be for women who have gone through breast cancer

why should we pay for your blouse bunnies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jen107

ztoical wrote: »
    would that not come under sex reassignment surgery?

I'd be really pissed off if my taxes were paying for boob enlargemments - reductions I could understand due to the back pain but going bigger?

i agree with all of u if u really need it fair enough... i was just answering the question..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Movershaker

jen107 wrote: »
    you can get a breast reduction on ur medical card if you have a good reason, and not just to look better. if you suffer with back problems and other stuff you can get it done.
    i know of a person that had it done.
    and you can get a breast enlargement too, if you are self confidant about them and are emontially stressed. i know a girl got this done too

I also know a girl who got a "free" breast enlargement in the Mater a few years ago, on the grounds of emotional distress (or something to that effect). She had to pay a nominal fee, like 50 euro or something. Not a great job imo, but she was happy with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 thebee

Actually, the HSE has approved thousands of cosmetic surgeries on the medical card!

I'm a freelance journalist and I'm currently writing a feature about the topic, if anyone has had cosmetic surgery on the medical card and you are interested in speaking with me about it! (For my article)

You can email me on tierneydeb@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i cant believe that. breast reduction yes, medical problems ect but enlargement? jesus thats bad. i understand its a confidence killer but jesus...

i cant believe that. breast reduction yes, medical problems ect but enlargement? jesus thats bad. i understand its a confidence killer but jesus...

There was athread in PI with a couple of posters sniggering about how you go to a certain doctor, and make boo hoo faces and bang implants on the medical card.

Anyone who would do purly for vanity reasons, given the state of out healthcare system..... is the lowest form of scum in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

A relative of mine works in a doctors clinic and told me that 2 patients got free breast implants because they threatened to commit suicide. It appears it can be done, if there are no depths to which you will stoop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Do you think they'd give me hair replacement treatment if i threatened to top myself because i was going bald? Not a hope, "**** off baldy and shine your egg".

-Funk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement