Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream immigration policy

Options
  • 03-12-2007 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

As immigration is such a hot topic the last few years I'd like to know:

If you could make up your "dream" immigration policy, what would it contain?
    Mandatory basic english?
    Testing for TB and AIDS for "high-risk" countries immigrants?
    I.d for all?
    Fingerprinting?
    Deportation if crime is commited?
    The decision is yours...................:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Send all Australians home today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

AH has been waiting so long to discuss this topic.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Open borders for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Ibid wrote: »
    Open borders for all.

Huzza!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Diceicle wrote: »

basically put a sh*t load of dynamite along the border to separate us from the north. then blow up a f*ckton of helium balloons. put loads of dynamite a few miles under the earth. then blow Ireland off the face of the earth so to speak. then as we're hovering in the upper atmosphere attach the booster rockets and travel to mars.

that way, we wont have any more immigration problems as no one will be able to get to us (excpet for Nasa but we'll put systems in place to do deal with them). plus it has the added bonus of killing off all the poor people as they wont be able to afford the oxygen generators and artificial atmosphere containers needed for the journey. and we'll have the monopoly on an entire planets mineral resources...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah thats all well and whatever, but imagine trying to get ntl to call around

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

My “dream” immigration policy is very doable. All non EU immigrants without proper documentation detained at point of entry and deported to where they have just come from ASAP.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Hot polish and/or eastern european get grants for coming here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Mandatory basic english?

DEFINITELY. Especially for people for who talking is part of their work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Deport all the lazy scumbags that never have any intention of coming off the dole over to some poor asian country where they will have to learn certain skills, like not being dependant on the state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Red Alert wrote:
    Hot polish and/or eastern european get grants for coming here

No 'and/or' about it, all hot Eastern European ladies should be given grants to come here. We could setup an exchange programme so that they can take our mingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

basically put a sh*t load of dynamite along the border to separate us from the north.

I agree with this 100 Million %

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Immigration will sort itself out once the economy goes into recession. They're hardly here for our wonderful weather and the céad mile fáilte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Send everyone who cant speak irish and only speaks english to britain send everyone else to poland wheter thats were they came from or not Im calling them Polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭Nermal

All quasi-Stormfronters deported to Zimbabwe, anyone else welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

send home people who cant speak a word of english.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

EF wrote: »
    Immigration will sort itself out once the economy goes into recession. They're hardly here for our wonderful weather and the céad mile fáilte

It will for the young (and hot) polish and lithuanians but not for the Nigerian scam artists. I agree with a previous poster, complete freedom for EU citizens and everyone else deported to airport of origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

A minimum of a 7 out of 10 on the hotness scale :P

More seriously, open all borders globally...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Testing for TB and AIDS for "high-risk" countries immigrants?
    I.d for all?
    Fingerprinting?
    Deportation if crime is commited?
    The decision is yours...................:cool:
    My “dream” immigration policy is very doable. All non EU immigrants without proper documentation detained at point of entry and deported to where they have just come from ASAP.

lol. Glad ye're not in charge of the country boys. Goodbye tourism + large chunks of the workforce.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Rob_l wrote: »
    Send everyone who cant speak irish and only speaks english to britain send everyone else to poland wheter thats were they came from or not Im calling them Polish.

Very few people left then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

does that include the " all right bud brigade" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Keep bringing in all the people that want to work and get all these racist irish scumbags that larf around on the dole out of my 2nd country.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

A dream mandatory emigration policy would be excellent.

Being able to forcibly export most of the Pale would be a great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

nesf wrote: »
    A dream mandatory emigration policy would be excellent.

Being able to forcibly export most of Cork would be a great start.
    I fixed that for ya nesf ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dream ?

only allow immigration for seriously hot babes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Dream ?

only allow immigration for seriously hot babes

So no more polish men then. Halfway there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

So no more polish men then. Halfway there
    Hey no discrimination here, I don't care where they come from as long as they is hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Ach céard faoi mhuintir na Gaeltachta?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I've no problem with people coming over here if they want to contribute something to the country but would definitely agree with deporting those who have commited crimes (1 serious crime or repeated petty offences).

Also, could we limit put an annual quote on the amount of americans coming over to "Find their roots"....I reckon i could probably tolerate them if there wasn't so many of them !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Don't knock the curious Yanks, They are proppin up our tourist industry, Besides its fun fillin them up with sh1t ! they rarely immigrate anyway, they just come over here on a bus full of other blue rinses flutein round Kerry on buses. Fine by me....
    As for other immigrants, Anyone who isn't here to scam is welcome, If you get caught scammin, you get a tattoo to that effect and sent home. Thats my policy, not a tatoo on the forehead or anything, I nice wee one on the right wrist, possibly with something ironic as gaelige written in old Irish, It'd look well, and the next time they come over to sign on and sell some smokes, they can get the frim boot in the boll1x they deserve and sent straight back, with another tattoo, second time is on palm of left hand, a barcode with original passport no. etc on it. Its only fair......

Advertisement