Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you hate really hate

Options

Comments

-People who talk in the cinema during a movie.
    -People having long mobile phone conversations on public transport.
    -The cnuts who think it's funny to leave used chewing gum on bus / luas / train seat.

barclay2 wrote: »
    People who really take their time at the ATM when there's other people waiting.

I used to hate them, but since I've reactivated my BOI account I've been using the ATM to pay my bills/credit card/phone credit, so that takes a few more than 3 button presses.

But I dislike people who take out their ATM card and then put it back in. The machine is asking you whether you want to continue to use it, press YES stupid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Slow coach wrote: »
    Like this&

Brain fart...it's an interrogation point or something.

Anyway, one of these ?

Original post edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭barclay2

Myth wrote: »
    I used to hate them, but since I've reactivated my BOI account I've been using the ATM to pay my bills/credit card/phone credit, so that takes a few more than 3 button presses.

But I dislike people who take out their ATM card and then put it back in. The machine is asking you whether you want to continue to use it, press YES stupid!

A bit off topic i know, but just a piece of advice - you should use internet banking for that kind of stuff, its really good. You can do it in work, or from bed, or wherever, without having to stand in the rain worried about the que behind you etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I hate parents who put dvd players on their headrests for their toddlers in the backseat. Fúcking tossers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,341 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

When the bus is full and someone sits beside you, but then when the bus empties the **** still sits beside you even though there's free seats around him.

Nothing worse than the stench of humans who dare to be in my presence.
    Kill them all i say!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Wertz wrote: »
    Brain fart...it's an interrogation point or something.

Anyway, one of these ?

I knew that (you knew that). I was just having a gentle poke.

Ya know what really gets my goat?????????????People who use multiple exclamation marks and question marks!!!!!!!!Really bugs the sh!!!!!!!t outta me!!!!!!!!!

And you???????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

glasso wrote: »
    -The cnuts who think it's funny to leave used chewing gum on bus / luas / train seat.

LOL! :D

Haven't done it but i'd imagine thats quite funny! ha ha

Slow coach wrote: »
    I knew that (you knew that). I was just having a gentle poke.

Ya know what really gets my goat?????????????People who use multiple exclamation marks and question marks!!!!!!!!Really bugs the sh!!!!!!!t outta me!!!!!!!!!

And you???????????????

*looks around*

Yeah we don't get anyone like that round here... :D

I recall reprimanding some girl on here ages ago for her use of exclamation points (this was after nearly every word)...she proceeded to take the argument to PM...ten or more at least. I had to end up putting her on ignore lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Endasaurus

Girls with umbrellas on narrow public walkways when theres only a very slight bit of drizzle!!

Bashing me on the head with their umbrellas and getting in everyones way :mad:

• Advertisement

barclay2 wrote: »
    A bit off topic i know, but just a piece of advice - you should use internet banking for that kind of stuff, its really good. You can do it in work, or from bed, or wherever, without having to stand in the rain worried about the que behind you etc

Yup, will be doing it, but I'm still getting it set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I hate people who dont indicate on roundabouts or use the right lane. it wrecks my head.
    Also people who dont stop at a pedestrian crossing when you are on it with a buggy and just swerve around you instead. Hello people i have a baby in a buggy at least let me cross the road, it is so ignorant.

^
    Come on now, there's plenty of women who use their buggy as some sort of personalised green man when crossing the road; hurriedly pushing it out in front of moving traffic isn't a god given right simply because you have a child....

i hate people who type "hahahahahahahahahahahaha lol". whats that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

Wertz wrote: »
    ^
    Come on now, there's plenty of women who use their buggy as some sort of personalised green man when crossing the road; hurriedly pushing it out in front of moving traffic isn't a god given right simply because you have a child....

Ya i agree with you on that, i dont do that but if I am on a pedestrian crossing people still dont stop they swerve around you and the buggy.
    I always stop to leave someone with a buggy or an old person cross the road i just think it is common courtesy but the amount of people that would rather knock you down rather than stop for two seconds to leave you cross is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

women in general.

if it's not applying makeup/cream/whatever else when driving. then it's their stupid eye poking umbrellas, or it's their ability to think they are greater than everyone and can string you along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I hate the fact that so much empahasis is put on political correctness these days. I mean I was having a discussion with two friends the other day about flight attendants , and in the middle of my making a point one of them stopped me and said "you can't say 'stewardess', you have to say flight attendant" the reason being is that it puts emphasis on the fact that the person is female. this is the biggest load of shíte I have ever heard. what is so wrong about defining the gender of a person?

another is people who gasp when you say black, as in "see that black dude over there?".
    I mean otherwise it's "see that guy over there?" "there's lots of guys, which guy?" "the differently coloured person", I mean what is acceptable?

[/rant]

Fair enough, at a designated crossing or at lights, you're entitled to pedestrian right of way....anyone breaking that line is also breaking a fundamental rule of the road and shouldn't be behind the wheel...

Semi-related, ever notice the amount of idiot drivers who won't wait for you to negotiate your turn? I mean you try and get around a corner/turn as quickly and as safely as possible, so what is it with these morons that are about a foot from your rear bumper and/or crossing a white line just to avoid a little braking or a gear change. Very tiresome...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Pedestrians have right of way on pedestrian crossings. All vehicles should stop if there is a pedestrian on or approaching the crossing but they dont. Some will speed up and someone just dont give a damn and keep going. Ignorant drivers just like those who dont use their indicators or turn on their lights in bad light.

Trolleys abandoned in the middle of the aisle in tesco really piss me off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

when you ask someone what kind of music they like and they reply with

"oh I like every kind of music"

I always reply with "oh, so you like the Traditional music of the Maori people of New Zealand then, eh? What about Reggae, you a big fan of reggae?"

When they reply with "Never heard that maori music, don't really like reggae so much, maybe a bit of bob marley" i'm like "THEN YOU DON'T FREAKIN WELL LIKE EVERY KIND OF MUSIC, DO YA???"

oh, and I also hate reggae

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

aye that annoys me too.

"i like all kinds of music", then you get this "i like MCR fall out boy" or "the kooks, razorlight"

same bands, different hair do's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

People, full stop. (I don't discriminate!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

"At the end of the day..." :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Standing on a grossly overcrowded train for an extended period of time to get to college every day:mad:
    Choo choo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

L31mr0d wrote: »
    oh, and I also hate reggae

ah come on now, reggae is tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭Archeron

I hate Rupert the Bear. Creepy porcelain skinned pussbag in tartan trousers.
    If he got shot, I'd laugh heartily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Endasaurus wrote: »
    Girls with umbrellas on narrow public walkways when theres only a very slight bit of drizzle!!

Bashing me on the head with their umbrellas and getting in everyones way :mad:

Do you know what drizzle can do to our hair?? Frizz central!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Archeron wrote: »
    I hate Rupert the Bear. Creepy porcelain skinned pussbag in tartan trousers.
    If he got shot, I'd laugh heartily.

Hmm now that you mention it he is a bit creepy....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

U2, Bad music, Skangers, Sligo and bad use of English all get on my tits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Being asked whether I want a "tall" or a "small" cappucino because they don't do regular - just give me the coffee before I hop your head off the counter!!!

Advertisement