Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Car Stereo with Bluetooth- 06/12/07

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Ah right I see. From reading around the Aura sends the amp 12V, now the Silvercrest Manual says it supplies 12 V 0.5 A on the blue wire but i'm not convinced because whether its connected or not doesn't seem to make a difference for me. I'll try the Ignition wire connected to the booster tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭thenobody

Yeah i changed it to ensure it does not loose memories.
    Just noticed when they were swapped that when you pull the key from the ignition it shutdown saying good-bye whereas the other way just looked like it lost supply.
    Didnt really check the station memory was lost but just thought would be better to have it shutting down properly.

The aerial connection without the amplifier gave no reception at all. With it connected i get all the stations just that the signal sometimes is not great. Not near as good as the Aura. Underground in my car park had no reception problem, with the silvercrest and amp its just static.

Please let me know how you get on with connecting the amp to the ignition wire.
    Would also like to get this sorted and need to know too that it is not a problem for all aftermarket radios.

Issue would be for all Volkswagen audi seat skoda etc cars - any cars that require an aerial amplifier, not just Seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I find the reception fair, but when recording onto a MMC it seems to get worse? I must try the Blue wire on the amp to see if it makes a difference.

I also had to swap the red and yellow power cables so it would keep the memory settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Finally got a chance to try connecting the blue 12V booster lead to the ignition wire ... made a slight improvement in reception but then sometimes the unit would not power off when I took the keys out so I just reverted back to the way it was. Reception is not as good as the Aura but it'll do.

Ha. So i guess your the same guy as on the seat forum :D

Ill post my reply from there here too - for the hell of it

I ended up taking back the silvercrest unit to Lidl.

the reception was not great even with the aerial amp (but thought would be same with all aftermarket head units) but main reason i brought it back was because the random feature would only randomise all files on a CD/SD card.
    I could have 30 albums on the card and it shouldnt just randomise all tracks. Needed it to randomise with albums too.

So i then installed a Sony head unit i had and it works great. Much better than the silversrest unit - has the shuffle albums and disc features and importantly the radio reception is great with it (with the same aerial amp). Just as good as original aura unit.

So the reception problem is the fault of the silversrest unit itself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kevhan

Does anyone have a copy of the user instructions to hand. Just got a new phone and forget how to do the bluetooth connect. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

@kevhan:
    ^whitey^ wrote: »

The manual is here .... http://www.mysilvercrest.de/en/artikel.php?a=127&av=2
    should answer most questions people have.

I see this is back in again on MOnday 25th Feb at only €99.

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080225.p.CDMP3CarRadiowithBluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Anyone pick this up on the 25th? Is it the exact same model with the problems discussed here? I forgot to go in to check it, obviously all gone now. :(

Learned my lesson that last time not to bother with these things and to always stick to proper brands like Sony etc.

Its missing really fundamental features

• Advertisement

thenobody wrote: »
    Its missing really fundamental features
    :confused:

Have to say apart from slightly poor reception every now and then, I can't fault it, and certainly can't fault it's features... at €99 what better known product would come near to the features of this brand (and with a 3 year guarantee)

Yes reception is not good.

Also, if you have a cd or memory stick with loads of songs you can only shuffle between them all. Cant shuffle within albums.
    Show stopper for me. Just when you feel in the mood for one type of song another type comes on and you end up spending the whole journey pressing the next button to get to a song you feel like hearing. Its a fundamental thing to actually think about how someone will use the radio.
    So would be back to just using normal cds.

thenobody wrote: »
    Yes reception is not good.

Also, if you have a cd or memory stick with loads of songs you can only shuffle between them all. Cant shuffle within albums.
    Show stopper for me. Just when you feel in the mood for one type of song another type comes on and you end up spending the whole journey pressing the next button to get to a song you feel like hearing. Its a fundamental thing to actually think about how someone will use the radio.
    So would be back to just using normal cds.

Will agree with you about not been able to jump from album to album. Afaik you can jump in steps of 1 and steps of 10. I haven't used it with a CD since Xmas, just using the radio and a 2 GIG SD card.

What I love it for is the Bluetooth phone connection, and the record feature for recording radio.

it is possible to choose albums. Cant remember the correct button sequence but think its in the manual but problem is you cant shuffle within the album.

But everyone to what features they wish.

Just be aware if the above is what you would like

Popped into Lidl in Mitchelstown this morning to find they still had 2 of these left! I snapped one up on the spot and now I'm a happy camper! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

I got one last friday in Cork. Must admit is it great value for money (€99). I had to do a bit of rewiring to the loom alright (Swap around 2 cables as it was not holding the settnigs when i turn off the ignition). Bluetooth works great. I can also charge my phone off of the USB connection :). I use the aux in for the ipod which works a treat. The only fault i find is the reception issue but still its not too bad. I havn't tried the recording yet. Must give that a go later :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

In case you missed it in Togher, bhoy - there are at least 4 left in Carrigaline as of last night. Also - sometimes in LIDL (and ALDI) there's still electronics stuff in the manager's office when it's gone from the floor - it's always worth asking (if you don't mind the glares of the people in the queue behind you!).

Friend got one of these last week - says is outstanding (in his Subaru Outback).

db.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Could anyone who has this radio and is a bit techy have a look at this thread and try help me pls

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55312396#post55312396

Any fit this in an Opel Astra? Absolute nightmare! The power / speaker connecions are on the opposite side.Also the antenea is on the opposite side.

I managed to get the stereo working using a harness adapter that I modified but it sticks out a mile from the dash lol still haven't got the antenea connected. :(

Anyone?

• Advertisement

Thats the same for a lot of cars so its no different.
    Just try bruth force.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

carbsy wrote: »
    Any fit this in an Opel Astra? Absolute nightmare! The power / speaker connecions are on the opposite side.Also the antenea is on the opposite side.

I managed to get the stereo working using a harness adapter that I modified but it sticks out a mile from the dash lol still haven't got the antenea connected. :(

Took me all of about 1 minute to install in a BMW. The two ISO connectors on the back of the previous radio simply swapped over. Aerial cable had enough slack to reach to the far side. Just had to transfer the ground on the bolt on the rear over.

The radio is a standard size, so unless the Astra has a different, non-standard size, I'm not sure what your problem is. You did put in the frame for it?

Had to remove the frame as it wouldn't fit with it.The connections at the back of the stereo are on the opposite side so had to put in a load of cable to swap around the connections, hence stereo won't fit in now fully.Anyhow at least it works. :)

Thanks for the advice.

i've mine fitted in a 99 astra, no probs. then again it wasn't the original unit i removed, so iso connector was already there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ebay has ISO adapters for just about any make/model of car. I even got one for my Jap import Pajero for 2.99 & 3.99 delivery. turned up in a few days and the Lidl stereo was a straight swap with the aid of the ISO adapter.

i don't have any problems with reception, but I have a motorised aerial on the Paj like the mast on a Yacht! it even has a button to send it down to half mast when you're in multi-storey car parks :D (no honestly it really does, I'm not kidding).

i was contemplating a cheap 2gb card (a little miffed there's no SDHC, an 8gb card would have done me a treat!) but I have a 4gb microSD in my phone and it plays the music on that via bluetooth with the A2DP thing perfectly fine, so it seems like a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Hi,

Picked one of these up on spec from Lidl Deansgrange and installed it without any problems and it works a treat in my mrs's car. Great to drive along with the USB keyed up with good sounds and not having to worry about CD skipping.

Has anyone connected a subwoofer up from one of these? If so any recommendations for a basic model that'll do the business and won't break the bank?

Cheers.

Advertisement